Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on October 1, 2011
Hope the video helped. I meant to say Musicians Gear at the end. Sorry about that.
55 comments|331 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2011
I have 7 of these in my house and I trust them all with my guitars (two Fenders, a Gretsch, a Martin, a Gibson and some Epiphones).

They are solidly built and extremely easy to set up. All one needs to do is extended the tripod legs, plug in the top half of the neck and screw it in so that it stays locked in. This feature is great if you have a bass and need more length for the instrument.

Some people have complained about the foam not being safe for a nitrocellulose finish. I've no idea if that's the case. Nitrocellulose is typically found on more expensive guitars (I don't even think Gibson and Fender use it much nowadays, except perhaps in their custom shop models, but if you can pay $3,000 to $5,000 for a guitar, would you use an $8 stand for them?) If you're worried about this, I suppose you should skip the stand, or replace the foam with some terrycloth or felt.

Additionally, some people have complained about the welds failing on this stand. As far as I know, the only "weld" is at the bottom, on the "skirt" where the legs lock into place. Unless you abuse the stand, I simply don't see that piece failing.

All in all this is a great stand. Once I move into my new house, I will upload some pictures of the guitars on them.
33 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2010
For what little this thing cost all I can say is that it's perfect. Don't know how it could possibly be any better, and buying anything from Amazon has always been a good experience for me.
on March 17, 2015
After opening up the box I immediately noticed a hang tag that said the following "Attention: Not recommended for Guitars with Nitro Cellulous Lacquer Finish. The material of foam might cause unexpected chemical reaction that may deteriorate the finish." Umm...excuse me? Might deteriorate my guitars Nitro Finish. I don't think so. This is a fairly common finish for the guitar I own. Needless to say I returned this stand since I don't want to risk tarnishing the finish on any of my guitars. I wound up picking up an On Stage XCG4 and was happy to report that the XCG4 is overall just a nicer, beefier stand. I called them as well to check in and see if there stand had such a warning (since it didn't state so on any call tags) and they said it would not deteriorate the nitro's finish. Something about a proprietary velveteen rubber finish.
review image
on May 8, 2010
This stand is a sturdy basic stand with retaining strap, at a good price. However, the product description doesn't tell you that the foam is not meant to be used with a guitar with nitrocellulose lacquer. So anyone with nitrocellulose may need to wrap the foam on the supports with something else. Otherwise, exactly what you're looking for.
1212 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2015
Just put my stand together and haven't had any issues. Looks pretty good for a 13$ stand.

UPDATE:
After I set up the stand and put my guitar on it I decided to take a shower. By the time I got done, they foam on the stand had already started eating away the finish of my guitar. I have no idea what happened since my guitar doesn't have a Nitro Cellulous Lacquer Finish. After some serious redneck engineering, I think it'll be ok for now....
review image review image review image review image
on April 26, 2010
Just got this the other day and it was a snap to assemble. Very light and holds my Takemine very well. It just folds up and stores just about any place. Plus the price was low. I highly recommend this guitar stand.
on March 18, 2014
Most if not all of these reviews refer to a previous version of this stand. Since I bought my first one the length of the back leg has been cut in half, making the stand much less stable. The diameter of the tubing overall has been decreased. No longer a bargain, more of a gamble with your instrument.
on December 3, 2012
I don't usually comment on items I buy, since generally the reviews I read give me (and future buyers) valid context around what I'm going to get. That being said, I strongly disagree with the other reviews on this product and I urge you to consider what I am about to say before you purchase these.

I received these items in mid-November, 2012. Once I unpacked them, the smell of the rubber on these was so strong that I needed to move them into a separate room. It took over a week for the repulsive scent to subside. Once I got around to using them, things got even worse. One of the tops of the locks on the neck-holder was essentially unglued from the start on one stand, and on the second, the lock-holder has fallen out multiple times. Needless to say, I am terribly unimpressed with this product.
on March 22, 2010
Not much to say here. It works as expected and is a great deal for the price. My acoustic looks so much better on this stand than it did in its case.