5.0 out of 5 stars Opera for everyman
This MP3 download album from Amazon has to be one of the greatest bargains I've encountered. I didn't know what to expect since I hadn't downloaded any music yet for my Fire. It does take a while to download (I have 16mbps service, not too shoddy) but once it arrives you will be astonished at the range and quality of the offerings.

The majority are from second...
Published on August 29, 2012 by Ellie

3.0 out of 5 stars Much music - for little bank
Collection is fair selection of different genre within the opera world.

Richness of the mp3 music could have been better but this is for the price . . . way good.

The audiophile would pass . . . listening to in the car - sure, at home if you are into opera ( fill in ) - maybe, new to opera . . . good collection
Published 16 months ago by q256

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Opera for everyman, August 29, 2012
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)

The majority are from second and third tier European orchestras, choruses, and soloists. For example, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Austria, Germany, and England. Don't let it discourage you that these are not from the New York Philharmonic, Amsterdam, London, or Berlin orchestras. The orchestral, choral, and particularly the vocal soloists are excellent.

The choices from the classical repertoire were well chosen; many may be familiar and many are not but soon will be amongst your favorites. For those who are not hard core opera fans, this winnowing of the wheat from the chaff is a real blessing. You may be tempted to listen to the all the selections from beginning to end. I'll tell you straight on: there are a large number here including some your may want to hit the replay button on, so give yourself time to appreciate these.

The sound quality was quite good in general although since the venues were scattered all over Europe, there were differences. I believe I noticed a slight glitch at the beginning of one cut but I'll have to see if I notice it the next time I play through this very fine (and highly cost-effective) classical album. I think Amazon make a customer of me for their MP3 library.

RECOMMENDED.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a buy!!, June 19, 2012
Dr. Webb (Clearwater, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
Even if you are not an opera buff, you cannot go wrong with this wonderful selection of opera highlights. Most of the arias are ones that everyone recognizes. There are a few I did not care for, but I would say 90 out of the 100 are magnificent. Be wary though, after listening to this, you may get hooked on opera for good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music and terrific price, April 25, 2012
Citizen Kane "Bob" (WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
Lots of recognizable favorites and you can't beat the price. Took me 10 minutes to download. I was somewhat concerned because of the amount of music but it went very fast.

Excellent value. I recommend it to anyone who likes operatic music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Much music - for little bank, July 15, 2013
q256 "Richie" (Seattle, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
Collection is fair selection of different genre within the opera world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too fragmented, April 17, 2013
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
Not the best quality or editing for my liking, it would be ok for background music where sound quality does not matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music for extremely low price!, October 15, 2012
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
Beautiful selection and great performance. I am a music lover, but I would not say a connoisseur. I have enjoyed this selection greatly. The only problem is that the titles/artist does not identify the composer, only the performing artist. So when I want to know what I am hearing sometimes i have to google it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH THE PRICE, March 15, 2014
JJY (Jacksonville, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
Nice collection. Excellent to read, study or do nothing by. Don't agree on the sound quality with some other listeners. Perfect for the money. Recommend to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely arias, March 6, 2014
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
There is some really wonderful music in this collection. The singers aren't the familiar names you are used to, but they do a good job. You might expect a few better notes from the sopranos, but the music is still there. All in all, I recommend this album for value as the price is miniscule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music Great value, February 26, 2014
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
A great mix, and incredible value. We need more people of all ages to listen to this music. You can't go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice overview!, January 13, 2014
Chuck Larsen (BLANCHARD, OK, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Must-Have Opera Highlights (MP3 Music)
This is a very nice collection and a great bargain! A former musician, I've been a borderline opera fan for years and found this looking for the Pavarotti set. I read some reviewers saying things like these are not "top-tier" artists and orchestras but, thankfully, I ignored them and ordered it. It's a nice, balanced collection of arias, choral work and instrumental pieces. Real opera buffs may pooh-pooh this set, but for the average fan or neophyte, it's outstanding!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›