Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2011 4:24:05 PM PDT
G. S. Gordon says:
Just imagine, you've sent off your 50th resume and still no job. There have been some interviews, but yet no offers. As you look through the classifieds and check online jobsites you see a few positions that look interesting. You pull up that cover letter template, plug in the appropriate information, and fire off yet another summary of your life's work. But as luck would have it, while at a networking event, you are introduced to the hiring manager of one of the companies you applied to. Think- what do you do? Say hello and scurry away in fear, or stumble through your whole resume in a long boring conversation. Well, none of the above. Small Message Big Impact: How to Put the Power of the Elevator Speech Effect to Work for You by Terri L. Sjodin is the perfect book to help with the above encounter. Crafted not just for the job seeker, but for the salesmen, business owner, or anyone who has very little time to make a big impression in face to face interactions, Small Message Big Impact takes the reader step by step through the process of getting to the point and making a lasting imprint by developing a small three minute elevator speech. Elevator Speech you say? Well, Terri gives this definition in her book:

Elevator Speech (N.)- An Elevator Speech is a brief presentation that introduces a product, service, philosophy, or an idea. The name suggests the notion that the message should be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride, up to about three minutes...
-Terri L. Sjodin

Building a case, being creative, and delivering a strong presentation are all nuggets that Terri shares as she aids the reader in focusing on their intent and getting the most out of the elevator speech. An interactive book the reader is allowed to write their own personal ideas and thoughts and is given outlines and tools via a website for more information. I must tell you, I found myself stopping to jot down new ideas and approaches, crafting more engaging letters of introduction, and coming up with new ideas to market my blog. All in all if you are serious about growing personally and professionally and looking for a different approach to making sales calls, growing your business, or effectively networking for employment this book is definitely a must read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  May 23, 2011
Latest post:  May 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about