Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2012 8:42:00 AM PDT
seizetheday says:
A hot new biography called The Redeemable Curse is a must read for all those who have been impacted by mental and personality disorders.
The Redeemable Curse: Undoing the Wrath of Borderline Personality Disorder (Volume 1)

There are a few distinguishing features about The Redeemable Curse that I really like, key ones being -
1. The book provides an objective view of how the wife and husband feel, without appearing to take any sides. Most other autobiographies and biographies I have read on BPD are either prejudiced or the writers do not know how to portray objectivity clearly.
2. The book gets straight to the point in each chapter of whatever meaningful is being discussed. There is no "filling pages after pages" with empty words. Each word the writer has chosen and the context it is used in provides a deeper meaning into the psyches of Sonia and Daniel and their situations.
3. The details of how Daniel and Sonia feel and act in each vexing situation are extremely relevant to understanding how insignificant matters are turned into major problems in relationships and this learning is not only limited to relationships impacted by BPD.
4. The scenes of Daniel's suicidal ambitions are simply terrifying - it is as if you are there in person to witness it all. How people who go through living with someone who threatens to commit suicide at the slightest chance has always been a mystery to me. This book gives a good understanding into why Sonia makes the choice to continue to live with Daniel even though she lives under constant fear of his acting upon his threats.
5. Daniel is shown as a generally loving and caring man, even though he is the trouble maker most of the times. Demonizing the mentally sick does no one any good, and the writer seems to understand this very well. Instead, the writer spends energy on discussing and highlighting fundamental matters of whys and hows in the disturbing relationship.
6. I love the dialogue between Sonia and Daniel. It is sometimes heavy, sometimes nerve wrecking and other times just funny.

Given The Redeemable Curse is the writer's first writing endeavor, the book is a remarkable feat - very thoughtfully and sensitively written. I highly recommend this book to all those who sincerely want to understand the nitty-gritty of this disorder in our daily mundane lives.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions