5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product
Published on April 14, 2012 by Barlow Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpowering Smell
Published 15 months ago by Claire M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
My 3 year old has eczema, in the first few months we quickly ruled out Johnson & Johnson products, our pediatrician recommended Cetaphil products; Cetaphil smelled good and worked fine for his skin, but I still had to use a shampoo on his hair as the Cetaphil left his fine hair brittle and tangled. After all this time I decided to look for something new, and found this Mustela 2-in-1. Skeptical of the shampoo portion, my pediatrician said it is another good brand for sensitive skin, so we tried it out anyway. LOVE IT. It makes his hair SO soft and managable, without looking dirty or oily in any way. It actually does a better job than the shampoo/conditioner I was using that was not for sensitive skin (which is why I wanted something new). I also love the smell of this product. It is light and clean. My new favorite product for my toddler's bath time, I plan to stock up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best baby product for sensitive skin!!!!!, October 8, 2005
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
My son has eczema and this is the only product that keeps it under control! He also has dry hair and his hair smells heavenly, with lots of shine, with this product. Other products dry his skin and hair out. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mustela...means "must tell all" how great this product is!, August 2, 2005
AileenMD (Roseville,CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
My daughters have very sensitive skin. Atopic dermatitis and various allergies run in the family. I have used Mustela products for more than 4 years now and have been happy with the results. I believe my daughters' bouts of eczema and other rashes have been minimized because of Mustela. My sister is pregnant and plans to use the Mustela line. It smells divine and the scent lingers even after the children run around!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal for a high-quality baby shampoo, February 19, 2006
This is an excellent product, especially for children and/or parents with sensitive skin.

I used this on both my kids' hair for years, until they were old enough for an adult shampoo. Only a VERY small amount is needed to get a good, bubbly lather -- a fourth of the amount used to get the same lather from a regular baby shampoo (like Johnson & Johnson's). A single tube of Mustela shampoo would last around 11 months, sometimes longer, for 2 babies. The price is actually quite competitive with the regular brands.

Also, it was the only brand of baby shampoo I tried that didn't leave the skin on my hands feeling stripped of its oils.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dreamy scent and feel, June 22, 2005
bgs (Seattle WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
If you want to close your eyes and take in the scent of your baby's just-washed hair like you're living in your own can't-believe-this-is-real dream, bring this stuff to bathtime! It frees up your hand, not having to switch from body wash to shampoo. The feel is creamy, baby's hair comes out beautiful and the soft scent is perfect! Nice gift, top of the line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for severe eczema, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
Have used this product on my 7 month old since he was about 4 months old -- he has SEVERE eczema and allergies and was constantly itchy all over his body. His skin is clear, soft and creamy smooth with this product. Cannot praise it enough. I have tried everything out there for sensitive baby skin - this, coupled with triple paste diaper ointment (yes, I used it on his entire body) has cleared his skin up and finally given him relief. It is, unfortunately, very expensive, and my baby doesn't have that "baby smell" that babies washed in Johnson's baby shampoo have - but if this will keep him comfortable and itch-free, I'll keep buying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Baby AND Mommy!, January 25, 2013
S. Lee (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
I had a strange reaction when I first gave my baby a bath with this product. I felt a little sad. My baby's hair was slicked to the side, his body clean and he smelled like he was going out on his first date. All grown up already. My husband came up behind me and said "Our baby smells kinda...frou frou." That's when I realized that the perfume in this product is a bit strong and the product itself seems a bit concentrated. The next time I gave my baby a bath I used a pea-sized amount and the difference was amazing! My baby's hair felt soft and not dried out, and he smelled clean and fresh, not like he was dipped in Chanel. Clearly a little bit of this stuff goes a LONG way. I've also used this on my baby's face for his baby acne. It did not irritate his skin and his eyes were not irritated when I rinsed his hair. I ran out of make-up remover and used a tiny bit on a moistened cotton ball. Make-up came right off without scrubbing. Now I'm using it to wash my face. I LOVE this stuff and because you only need to use a little at a time, I'm going to have this tube for a very long time.

UPDATE: I have switched to Weleda Calendula Shampoo & Bodywash for my baby, solely because I prefer the scent. However I will continue to use Mustela for myself since Mustela removes my eye makeup and Weleda does not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, April 18, 2007
This 2-in-1 is amazing. The scent is wonderful...too bad they don't make it for adults :) A very gentle cleanser that can be used for babies and toddlers alike. It actually cleans the skin and leaves it soft and smelling beautifully. I love Mustela products so much that I got rid of every other product that I had that wasn't Mustela. Fifteen donated bottles later the only products that still remain in our home are these products. Try them and you'll see why.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpowering Smell, September 23, 2013
Claire M. (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash (Baby Product)
I purchased the Mustela 2-in-1 Hair & Body Shampoo at a local drug store because I had a coupon that made the purchase cheaper than ordering it from Amazon. I had read all the positive reviews and made my purchase based on that. I can't really address how well the product cleanses because I could not get past the smell. So many reviews described the fragrance as pleasant or fresh. For me personally, it was overpowering and smelled more like chemicals than anything I would describe as pleasant. When I opened the tube, I put a small amount on the back of my hand to see what the texture and smell was like. I found the smell so overwhelming that I immediately washed it off. My hand still smelled an hour later and I had to get another soap to wash the fragrance off my skin. I realize the perception of pleasant/unpleasant fragrances is a matter of personal preference. I wanted to let those reading the reviews know that not everyone would find the fragrance used in this product appealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best, November 2, 2008
Megan Theodorou (San Clemente, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I discovered this 2-in-one wash (hair & body) for babies when my son was a few months old, and when I couldn't find it I tried others. There is no comparison; Mustella is a little more expensive but worth every cent. My son is now 3 1/2 and I still use this for him. It makes him smell so clean and sweet but not perfumy. Very natural, and never bothers his eyes. The lotion is terrific too, but when he got older I started using Aveeno to save a little money and it works great. I still get the baby smell from the wash. Don't waste your $ on other washes.

Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash