Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mustela 2-in-1 Hair and Body Wash, 6.76 Ounce
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 6.76 oz|Change

on October 8, 2005
My son has eczema and this is the only product that keeps it under control! He also has dry hair and his hair smells heavenly, with lots of shine, with this product. Other products dry his skin and hair out. ;)
on April 14, 2012
My 3 year old has eczema, in the first few months we quickly ruled out Johnson & Johnson products, our pediatrician recommended Cetaphil products; Cetaphil smelled good and worked fine for his skin, but I still had to use a shampoo on his hair as the Cetaphil left his fine hair brittle and tangled. After all this time I decided to look for something new, and found this Mustela 2-in-1. Skeptical of the shampoo portion, my pediatrician said it is another good brand for sensitive skin, so we tried it out anyway. LOVE IT. It makes his hair SO soft and managable, without looking dirty or oily in any way. It actually does a better job than the shampoo/conditioner I was using that was not for sensitive skin (which is why I wanted something new). I also love the smell of this product. It is light and clean. My new favorite product for my toddler's bath time, I plan to stock up.
on June 16, 2016
What the heck Mustela? Why would you change the scent on an amazing product. Look at the reviews.... people love your product. I do (did) too. It is unmatched in the baby shampoo/wash arena.

But, the latest tube we bought has the new, unbearable scent. We opened it and.... wooosh.... this new, strong, unpleasant scent took over the bathroom! It smells like a combo of a Grandma's strong vintage floral perfume and a ton of baby powder.

I used to LOVE the old scent. it was unique and fresh. This new scent is a huge bummer. I am still using it because it is gentle and rinses well. Mustela- offer both scents: the original and new.

Why don't you offer both scent options: original and floral? (or something like that?) The old stuff was perfect... "If it ain't broke...."
on January 25, 2013
I had a strange reaction when I first gave my baby a bath with this product. I felt a little sad. My baby's hair was slicked to the side, his body clean and he smelled like he was going out on his first date. All grown up already. My husband came up behind me and said "Our baby smells kinda...frou frou." That's when I realized that the perfume in this product is a bit strong and the product itself seems a bit concentrated. The next time I gave my baby a bath I used a pea-sized amount and the difference was amazing! My baby's hair felt soft and not dried out, and he smelled clean and fresh, not like he was dipped in Chanel. Clearly a little bit of this stuff goes a LONG way. I've also used this on my baby's face for his baby acne. It did not irritate his skin and his eyes were not irritated when I rinsed his hair. I ran out of make-up remover and used a tiny bit on a moistened cotton ball. Make-up came right off without scrubbing. Now I'm using it to wash my face. I LOVE this stuff and because you only need to use a little at a time, I'm going to have this tube for a very long time.

UPDATE: I have switched to Weleda Calendula Shampoo & Bodywash for my baby, solely because I prefer the scent. However I will continue to use Mustela for myself since Mustela removes my eye makeup and Weleda does not.
on February 19, 2006
This is an excellent product, especially for children and/or parents with sensitive skin.

I used this on both my kids' hair for years, until they were old enough for an adult shampoo. Only a VERY small amount is needed to get a good, bubbly lather -- a fourth of the amount used to get the same lather from a regular baby shampoo (like Johnson & Johnson's). A single tube of Mustela shampoo would last around 11 months, sometimes longer, for 2 babies. The price is actually quite competitive with the regular brands.

Also, it was the only brand of baby shampoo I tried that didn't leave the skin on my hands feeling stripped of its oils.
on June 22, 2005
If you want to close your eyes and take in the scent of your baby's just-washed hair like you're living in your own can't-believe-this-is-real dream, bring this stuff to bathtime! It frees up your hand, not having to switch from body wash to shampoo. The feel is creamy, baby's hair comes out beautiful and the soft scent is perfect! Nice gift, top of the line.
on April 29, 2015
I think this is a good product. I don't like the smell as much as the hydra-bebe products so I am taking a star off. I don't think the smell is bad, but my husband thinks it smells like jalapenos. I definitely don't, but I guess every nose is different and it is something to consider if you are considering a purchase. I don't use it as shampoo, only body wash on my 5 month old. She loves baths so we do one every night as part of her bedtime routine. I wanted a mild body cleanser and this is great. It keeps her skin soft and hydrated, but I do also use the hydra-bebe after her bath. I would order again.
on January 21, 2014
I purchased this for my baby's cradle cap. For some reason my daughter screamed and cried for an hour after I used this. I looked everywhere for anything about this causing that type of reaction and have found nothing. :( too bad because it smells amazing. Just can't use it on my 4 month old.
on May 13, 2015
We are now HUGE Mustela advocates! I don't know which is better- the smell, or the fact that I know it's healthy for both my babies' sensitive skin. Initially, I was a little wary because of the price. But after experiencing how a little goes a LONG way, we realized that it's well worth it. I think the first bottle we bought lasted more than 6 months with our firstborn. I now recommend this product to all of the friends and look forward to trying their other products as well.
on November 27, 2011
A very wise friend gifted the Mustela starter set to me a few years ago for my shower and while I used mostly all of the products fully, this particular product wasn't included at the time, thus prompting me on my very expensive and disappointing quest to find the ultimate baby bathing products. Let's be clear: you certainly can use J&J, Burt's Bees, Aveeno, Angel Baby, California Baby, Pretentious Baby or whatever you like without my judgment, as this review isn't an homage to all things green and organic. It's in fact quite the contrary. While I can appreciate why that is important to many, after 3 years of testing products, both organic and otherwise; I've come full circle with my original gut instinct: organic products simply can't get done the same job that "formulated" products can. I am sorry to all the tree loving moms out there, but I have found this to be true with both my husband and my products as well as our kids.

Sorry...I digress. Back to the product review.

This product, and all others by this maker, are head and shoulders above the rest. Here's why:
1. The scent. It's perfect, heavenly and lingers on both of my kids until the next bath rolls around. I have actually found that their body heat intensifies the smell.
2. It cleans. It also lathers beautifully. Not to say that indicates it's cleaning (as I've been told it doesn't) but truth be told, I'm old school here. Good lather = good clean.
3. Rinses easily and leaves hair soft, shiny and tangle free.
4. It lasts. no pumps, just squeeze a small amount in your hand, rub your hands together and apply. As other reviewers have pointed out, a little goes a long way.
4. While I cannot speak to it's chemical composition, sadly I admit that it's French, so, uh, I trust it.

Overall, run don't walk to grab this one and save money by ending your quest to find the perfect cleanser.