5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Sunscreen for Kids' (and Adults'!) Faces
This is the best sunscreen out there for faces. It doesn't run into eyes and cause stinging on wet kids, unlike many other sunscreens labeled specifically for kids or babies. All 4 of my kids have sensitive skin and it has never caused a reaction or rash on any of them.

Published on June 16, 2006 by Love2Read

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick to spread
I purchased this item because of its high safety for infants. It's a lot of money for a small tube. I would not buy it again because the lotion is too thick to easily apply without aggravating my baby. It doesn't rub in well and leaves white residue on her skin. It has, however, done a good job protecting her skin from the sun.
Published 22 months ago by Dawn Gold

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Sunscreen for Kids' (and Adults'!) Faces, June 16, 2006

Additionally, it is longer lasting (better waterproof performance) than other brands I've bought at the supermarket. During a full day on the water at the lake, I usually only have to reapply it once if we're doing a lot of in-and-out of the water. We use it for faces only because it's so costly, and use a supermarket brand kids' sunscreen for the rest (arms, legs, backs, etc). Can't recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars great sunscreen!, July 2, 2010
Y. Hsieh (Santa Clara, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mustela High Protection Sun Lotion SPF 50 - 1.6 oz. (Health and Beauty)
I have been using this product since last summer. This is great for my kids as they usually spend 1+ hour outdoor each day. More importantly, it's great for me. I have super sensitive skin and get sunburn and heat rash and swelling all together if I went under the sun (with other SPF 45+ product on) for more than 30 min. Since I started using this one, knock on wood, so far I'm good. It makes your skin a little white, so you can tell if you put it on. But doesn't make you ungly or oily. I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only sunscreen that does not cause my 2 year old to have an allergic reaction, August 26, 2005
Other so called hypoallergenic sunscreen do contain ingredients that cause my daughter to have a rash. That's the only sunscreen that does not cause a reaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail of sunscreens, June 8, 2011
I live in Arizona with two active kids and I have tried every. single. sunscreen. for kids and this is the best. It doesn't stink, it doesn't feel greasy, it doesn't wear off, doesn't itch or give them a rash and it doesn't make their skin feel icky. the only problem is the price, and it is very hard to find in stores. A close second place is the California Baby sunscreen, and we often get that one at Whole Foods or Sunflower.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sunscreen for sensitive skin, August 21, 2010
In the extremely hot weather of Texas, a sunscreen must carry item especially for the parents who have a kids like to go outside regardless of the temperature and UV rate outside. I think normal cheap sunscreen sold in local mart would be fine for most of people living in the states. However, we have a daughter whose skin is very sensitive and moreover we need to apply suncream pretty thick in order to protect the skins from hot sun for longer period of time. We keep searching the sunscreen as mild as possible and tried almost every kinds of brands, banana ***, california baby, cooperton, and etc. Among many brans we tried, this mustela sun cream is the best in not harming my daughter's sensitive skins especially for high protection rate of SPF 50. Thinking her skin was irritating and sometimes have some reddish spots with other sunscreens even though we tried to wash the cream off as much as we can, this mustela cream sometimes left overnight without completely washed off (My daughter often forgets to tell us that her teacher at daycare applied the cream on her), it normally doesn't seem to hurt her skin. Not not at all but almost no harm to my daughter's quite sensitive skin. This cream is pretty expensive in price and that's why it lost one star but other than that I am satisfied with it and would like to order it again next summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mustela Sunblock, July 14, 2009
Cathleen (Port Orange, FL) - See all my reviews
My son is allergic to everything. He is now two and has been using this product for over a year. The only drawback is it will look white when you apply it. Other than that, this sunblock is great. I would recommend this product to anyone who has ezcema or are prone to allergy. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for Sensitive Skin, April 25, 2012
We are from Washington so we are very very white. I was so worried about my pale little dude. We use all the Mustela products on him daily so i assumed this would be great and was little worried about the price, but it is worth every penny. Goes on smooth and is only sticky like all others for a minute then smooth and clean smelling. Little guy has very sensitive skin and this does not in any way bother any part of him. I do buy the sensitive skin one for his face though. Love this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down BEST sunblock for active kids and anyone who cares about skin cancers., June 4, 2011
We're in year seven of using this product. It is phenomenal. It goes on feeling thick. Leaves your skin white - and stays on all day. Sweat, pool, ocean - you name it - it stays on! BUT, you could use it on Mercury and come home that night without a hint of sunburn. Amazing and old school. We will buy it forever. And - important for kids - it does NOT BURN EYES! One tube lasts forever, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sun block, April 21, 2011
Used this on my 9 mos old during a trip to hawaii...it was easy to see where i applied it, she did not have any reaction, and best of all no sunburn. Saw my husband sneaking in some at the end of the trip. he used the waterbabies i initially bought for my daughter and burned, but no issues with mustela. expensive, but worth the peace of mind!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick to spread, September 2, 2012