5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Published on May 6, 2012 by lek

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for us
My daughter didn't really have cradle cap when she was little but at 13 months her scalp was really dry and a bit scaly like cradle cap. After doing some research I decided to try this product. It sounded great, but it really just didn't work for us. Maybe it's because she has some hair now (although probably not as much as she should), but the cream did not make the...
Published on July 30, 2011 by K. Mcguire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Mustela Stelaker Purifying Scalp Cream for Kids, 1.3 Ounce (Misc.)
My son is 9 months old and had/has what our pediatrician said was one of the worst cases of cradle cap she has seen. He was up at night itching, his head would ooze and bleed at times and he had very large patches of thick yellowish scabs along with flakes all over his head. We have been using this product (it was recommended by our pediatrician) for 3 nights now and his head is SO much better! Not completely gone yet, but the difference it has made is amazing! We tried everything...olive oil, mineral oil, prescription hydro cortisone cream, clinical strength dandruff shampoo, etc. and nothing made the difference this product has...just seeing my son sleep comfortably was well worth the price (and it is not outrageous)! I would highly recommend giving Mustela Stelaker a try if your baby is suffering from cradle cap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, July 25, 2010
Both my 4 yr old and 21 month old had some yucky scalp issues. The nurse practitioner at the pediatrician's office recommended this product. Well worth the price! It only took three applications each to clear up the problem. I was very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Toddlers, November 20, 2013
This stuff is AMAZING! My 18 month old hasn't quite grasped the concept of tilting her head back to rinse shampoo out, so washing her hair is a struggle. She ended up with a pretty icky case of cradle cap on the top of her head and other products I looked at were really greasy and took multiple shampoos to wash out which was a nightmare since she doesn't tilt her head back yet for rinsing. I bought this without much hope.

Since the other formulas I tried had been so greasy, I wasn't willing to follow the directions and leave it in overnight. I put it in her hair an hour before her bath and I was really happy with how easy it was to work in her scalp, and it didn't feel or smell greasy! We scrubbed her head with a cradle cap scalp brush (any cheap generic one is fine), and then we washed and rinsed her hair. Even though we only left it on for an hour ALL of the cradle cap was gone!

My toddler has hair a couple inches long, but it was still easy to work into her scalp, and it didn't smell like mineral oil while it was in her hair, or when we rinsed it out. It also totally rinsed out in just one shampoo without leaving her hair greasy. If your baby/toddler has cradle cap this is what you need to get to treat it without hassle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective cradle cap treatment, January 26, 2014
Our daughter developed cradle cap at about 4 months old. This has worked very well to keep the cradle cap at bay, although we have to keep using it. It's a treatment, not a cure. We put this on the affected area and work it in with one of the little silicone/plastic bristled hair brushes we got from the hospital. Then we leave it on and shampoo it out later the day, again using the little brush. It was immediately much better after the first use, and as long as we keep using it, the cradle cap seems to be managed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really works!, May 1, 2014
I struggled for a year to get rid of my 2 yr old's cradle cap, trying all the home & doctor recommended remedies - baby oil, vaseline, you name it. His cradle cap kept returning. I ordered this and applied to my son's head twice a day for 2 days, and by the third day, all of the scabs lifted off, and I combed them out forever. I use this with the Mustela infant foaming shampoo. I highly recommend this product for curing cradle cap! I wish I would have known about it sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, April 12, 2014
My 5 month old had cradle cap that refused to go away and this product in conjunction with the brush and shampoo did the trick in about a week of using it daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for us., June 2, 2014
We tried olive oil, coconut oil, head and shoulders... But this was the only thing that made it better. It sofened the craddle cap for our 5 month old.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, April 22, 2014
Love this cream, takes care of cradle cap quickly and easily. Love all Mustela products, gentle on baby's skin and no allergies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, January 23, 2014
Jess B (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
My sons had cradle cap for YEARS! I tried olive oil, combing, dandruff shampoo, nothing. Finally I tried this. I used it ONE time! The directions say to leave it in overnight, but I was only able to leave it in for a few hours. Washed it out and guess what? Cradle cap is COMPLETELY gone! Don't be like me! Don't wait years to use the one thing that really works! Get it today and be done with cradle cap forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, January 11, 2014
Ton (michigan) - See all my reviews
Our son has had cradle cap since birth, but it never really seemed to bother him. We would massage baby oil into his scalp prior to his bath every once in a while, but it didn't seem to help much. Once he was 8 months old, though, it started to get worse (maybe because it was winter) and he started scratching at it incessantly. Followed the directions with this (applying before bed and shampoo out in the morning) and noticed an improvement after the first use. After three uses, it was gone. It's been 2 weeks now and the cradle cap has not reappeared. This stuff is awesome! Its not greasy like baby oil and it easily shampoos out with regular J&J head to toe baby shampoo, I'm not sure why some people are complaining that it doesn't rinse out well. I'd easily pay 5 times as much to get results like this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›