5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Published on May 6, 2012 by lek

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Mustela, HATE this cream
My son started screaming when I applied this to his scalp. I should have tested it on myself first. As I washed it off some got on my arm and it burned. I felt horrible. Imagine how this made my babies head feel.
Published 1 month ago by zlinedavid

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Mustela Stelaker Purifying Scalp Cream for Kids, 1.3 Ounce (Misc.)
My son is 9 months old and had/has what our pediatrician said was one of the worst cases of cradle cap she has seen. He was up at night itching, his head would ooze and bleed at times and he had very large patches of thick yellowish scabs along with flakes all over his head. We have been using this product (it was recommended by our pediatrician) for 3 nights now and his head is SO much better! Not completely gone yet, but the difference it has made is amazing! We tried everything...olive oil, mineral oil, prescription hydro cortisone cream, clinical strength dandruff shampoo, etc. and nothing made the difference this product has...just seeing my son sleep comfortably was well worth the price (and it is not outrageous)! I would highly recommend giving Mustela Stelaker a try if your baby is suffering from cradle cap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, July 25, 2010
Both my 4 yr old and 21 month old had some yucky scalp issues. The nurse practitioner at the pediatrician's office recommended this product. Well worth the price! It only took three applications each to clear up the problem. I was very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Toddlers, November 20, 2013
This stuff is AMAZING! My 18 month old hasn't quite grasped the concept of tilting her head back to rinse shampoo out, so washing her hair is a struggle. She ended up with a pretty icky case of cradle cap on the top of her head and other products I looked at were really greasy and took multiple shampoos to wash out which was a nightmare since she doesn't tilt her head back yet for rinsing. I bought this without much hope.

Since the other formulas I tried had been so greasy, I wasn't willing to follow the directions and leave it in overnight. I put it in her hair an hour before her bath and I was really happy with how easy it was to work in her scalp, and it didn't feel or smell greasy! We scrubbed her head with a cradle cap scalp brush (any cheap generic one is fine), and then we washed and rinsed her hair. Even though we only left it on for an hour ALL of the cradle cap was gone!

My toddler has hair a couple inches long, but it was still easy to work into her scalp, and it didn't smell like mineral oil while it was in her hair, or when we rinsed it out. It also totally rinsed out in just one shampoo without leaving her hair greasy. If your baby/toddler has cradle cap this is what you need to get to treat it without hassle!

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really works!, May 1, 2014
I struggled for a year to get rid of my 2 yr old's cradle cap, trying all the home & doctor recommended remedies - baby oil, vaseline, you name it. His cradle cap kept returning. I ordered this and applied to my son's head twice a day for 2 days, and by the third day, all of the scabs lifted off, and I combed them out forever. I use this with the Mustela infant foaming shampoo. I highly recommend this product for curing cradle cap! I wish I would have known about it sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective cradle cap treatment, January 26, 2014
Our daughter developed cradle cap at about 4 months old. This has worked very well to keep the cradle cap at bay, although we have to keep using it. It's a treatment, not a cure. We put this on the affected area and work it in with one of the little silicone/plastic bristled hair brushes we got from the hospital. Then we leave it on and shampoo it out later the day, again using the little brush. It was immediately much better after the first use, and as long as we keep using it, the cradle cap seems to be managed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, April 12, 2014
My 5 month old had cradle cap that refused to go away and this product in conjunction with the brush and shampoo did the trick in about a week of using it daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for us., June 2, 2014
We tried olive oil, coconut oil, head and shoulders... But this was the only thing that made it better. It sofened the craddle cap for our 5 month old.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, April 22, 2014
Love this cream, takes care of cradle cap quickly and easily. Love all Mustela products, gentle on baby's skin and no allergies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, August 8, 2013
From the first use, I saw great improvement .. The crusting was greatly reduced& itching way less!!!
By the third day it all disappeared ! Even tho it's gone now I still use this daily with the mustela foam shampoo!!
Great buy& I greatly recommend this anyone needing relief for their baby's cradle cap!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth it, October 2, 2014
Remy "Remy" (Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
It really does work! This is the first week.
I have been working on this for almost 4 months. I bought all types of stuff, but it looks like Mustela may have done the job. I'm so happy that we can move on to another task.

It seems expensive, but the time spent searching the web for numerous useless remedies could have been saved on this stuff in exchange for sleep. The coconut oil, tea tree oil, baby oil, t-Gel, etc surpassed the price of this little tube. I consider it a bargain for my peace of mind.