5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Lightweight Stroller
Published on March 1, 2012 by Katie

2.0 out of 5 stars No customer service whatsoever
I purchased this Mutsy stroller in April, 2012. After only 5 months, the front wheels started falling off the frame. The reason is worn out (already???) metal ring that holds the wheels in place.
I tried to contact the customer service by email (customercare@kastelinternational.com) a few times and got no response.
The distributor for Mutsy is Kastel...
Published on September 27, 2012 by ireview

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Lightweight Stroller, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Mutsy Mutsy Easyrider Umbrella Stroller, Black (Baby Product)
I needed a stroller that I could easily use on the bus and train, that also had a decent recline on it for naps. Unfortunately most lightweight strollers have either no recline or a two inch one. I found this on sale (more than half off!) on Amazon and bought it. It was hard to find reviews on this stroller, as Mutsy is not a well known brand in the states, but it turned out to be perfect for my needs!

Handles:
-They are tall handles! That was something else I needed as I am 5'7" and the other adults who'd be using the stroller are both taller than me. Also, they are well padded, making it extremely comfortable to grip. I was getting so tired of hunching over the short handles on the Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller, Tangerine.

Seat:
-A tall seat! Perfect for the 2.5yr old (at 95th percentile in height) who rides in it. It is well-padded for comfort - I would love a ride in this thing. The seat is equipped with a 5pt padded harness that is easy for an adult to do, but not easy for a bored toddler to get.

Recline:
It has a wonderful recline that is very nearly flat. The manufacturer says it is for 3mo+, but with the addition of Summer Infant Snuzzler - Black it should be fine for a newborn. It is a strap recline, which I am not to fond of, and it takes a bit of pressure to get the seat up (w/out the child in it).

Leg/Footrest
There is also an adjustable leg rest that is so nice for that in between age where baby's legs dangle off the edge of the seat, but don't make it down to the footrest. Exactly where my 11mo old rider is. Also nice for napping. And speaking of the footrest, it is not that flimsy, easily-stretched rubber that comes on most umbrella strollers, but rather a thicker, less saggy material

Wheels/Steering:
-The wheels are small, but mighty. The small single front wheels allow the stroller to maneuver easily through tight spaces, and the ride is so smooth! Also it easily rides over cracks that cause lesser strollers to stop suddenly. There is a one-touch brake that is so easy to do, and it is flip-flop friendly to undo too! You do have to use the top of your foot, but it is a simple flick. The front wheels can lock straight for rougher terrain.

Basket:
-A good size for an umbrella stroller. Impossible to get to if seat is fully relined though.

Canopy:
Decent shade for a lightweight stroller, not terrific, but better that most l/w strollers. It has a peek-a-boo window that is mesh. I love that! The only problem with it is that there are 3 pieces of VERY noisy velcro affixed to it. I plan on removing the velcro and attaching some magnets instead. The canopy velcros to the back of the seat, and will stay on even as the seat is reclined. I bought the Protect-a-Bub Single Compact Sunshade, Black to use with this stroller.

Opening/Closing:
-It has an automatic lock. That is the only good thing about the folding mechanism. It takes two hands and a foot to close the stroller...a pain in the you know where. You have to lift a lever, lift a latch, and simultaneously push up on a button with your foot. It isn't hard to figure out or do, but it is annoying. Unfolding is much easier, simply lift the automatic latch and push the stroller open, then step down on a button. You have to use a bit of force to get it to snap open, and the stroller rolls away while you're stepping - again, annoying. While I love that the brakes are so easy to do, unfortunately they do not work while the stroller is closed, so it is hard to balance the stroller upright.

Construction:
-This stroller has a very sturdy construction. The frame is strong and sleek, and the fabric is comfortable and very durable. This stroller should last a long time, and through many children.

Other:
The stroller does not come with a cup-holder, but I bought a Diono Buggy Buddy Stroller Organizer, Black that works really well with it. The stroller also did not come with a rain cover, which I thought it was supposed to, but I bought Sashas Rain and Wind Cover for Mutsy EasyRider Single Stroller which is a terrific one. Another thing that bothers me is that the center of gravity is heavily weighted to the back. Meaning that I can not hang the diaper bag from the back without tipping it.

Overall:
Aside from the folding annoyances, I really love this stroller. I would buy it again at full price. It is sturdy, attractive, and turns on a dime.

UPDATE 3mo later:
- We still love this stroller, but have found that baby gets hot in warmer weather in here (I'm talking low 70s, not even summer weather). I bought the Meeno Baby Cool Me Seat Liner Stroller - Silver, and that has helped tremendously.
- I have also found that the basket holds more than I thought. It is smaller in the front section, but you can pile things in - and they can stay there while seat is reclined (you just won't be able to get them.)
- We have had some problems with the stroller starting to tip if I put too much hanging off the back of the stroller and we are on a bus with a driver who makes quick stops. Other than that, no problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Rider!, August 1, 2012
I have a Vista (love it) and was in need of a second stroller for my 9 month old, I didn't want a cheap crappy umbrella, but did not want to spend too much.
After some research I ended up on the Easyrider, and despite the lack of more reviews, decided on it. My other choices were the maclarens, Uppababy G-luxe and Inglesina swift or trip.
I think the maclarens are over rated (like Sophie the giraffe?) and do not worth what they cost, well, the ones who own it swear by them, but really!?
The G-luxe reviews are so controversial that made me think twice, I love my Vista, but the caveats on G-luxe were no-nos for me, the seat is way too shallow, straps too short, etc...
I liked the swift but they don't recline too much, and the trip would be my choice if they were made on the colors of the swift.
Received the Mutsy Easyrider yesterday and love it so far.
It's lightweight, and despite the multi-step folding system, it's easy to fold and unfold, you can do it using one hand and one foot, using flip flops and holding a baby.
It's easy to manouver, I tried with my 55lb 5 yo son and could ride it one handed (inside).
I like that the front weel is bigger than the average so it's smooth enough on bumpy sidewalks.
It reclines quite well and baby enjoyed his first nap on it (he's a nice guy and helps mommy puts the stroller to the test :)
The foot rest is perfect for my sons age, he can sit comfortably without his feet hanging.
The seat is not as tall as I tought by other review, my son is on the 99 percentile and will probably outgrow the seat in a few months.
The canopy is a decent size, but could be bigger, does not provide a full shade, but I'm spoiled by Vista's huge canopy.
The basket is small as any umbrella stroller, but I could hang my medium size diaper bag on it and the stroller did not tip without baby. And with baby seating on it I could hang the same diaper bag plus a huge shopping bag full of groceries.

Plus the color and cool look is a plus, I got the gray one and love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars No customer service whatsoever, September 27, 2012
The distributor for Mutsy is Kastel International (kastelinternational.com). They also distribute products for brands like Baby Home and Baby Zoo with the same "great" customer service.
Other than this problem, the stroller is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller, March 6, 2012
I am very happy with this stroller. It has everything I ask for in stroller, liteweight, sturdy, great quality and attractive. Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love my mutsy, July 5, 2012
I love my mutsy. I really like how the color stands out. It manuevers great. The adjustable recline was one of the main factors for purchasing it. Although its a three step process to fold, its really no big deal. There's no straining involved and it locks itself. Releasing the brake can be done with flip flops, which is a relief. If I had to complain, I would say... it doesn't stand upright when folded and the canopy isn't enough coverage for my 6 month old. As she grows that problem will work itself out. I did order a cup holder for it which works well. I think its the best bet for the price. Love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible travel stroller, July 5, 2013
I am not surprised that this stroller is currently unavailable. If it does become available, do not buy it as a travel stroller. Opening and shutting this stroller is an unbelievable pain. I curse, push and pull, hand it to my spouse, he curses, pushes and pulls until it finally opens or shuts. Overall it is a perfectly fine light stroller but useless if you want to use it for airplanes. Keep it open and use around the neighborhood but not as a travel stroller. (The plastic attachment to the front wheel also broke after it was gate-checked on one international flight. I can't blame Mutsy for this but it is also a fairly flimsy stroller.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light weight stroller!, February 28, 2013
Great light weight stroller! Very attractive looking, comfortable for the baby and for parents to maneuver. Me and my husband are both 6 feet tall and it was so great to see such tall handles - WOW! I don't have to even stretch my arms a bit and no more hunching over!

The canopy is very high up so there is lots of room above child's head, but I wish the seat itself was a little taller (it is not as tall as I tought by other reviews) - that's my only con.

Folding is not an issue for me, since our previous stroller was Bugaboo Frog, which was way more complicated to fold down. Like I said it is great to maneuver, but you can't expect it to be as smooth as full size strollers with big wheels. For that alone I will miss my Bugaboo.

If you would like to purchase a rain cover for it go to the manufacturer's website, then go to their online store and search for code# div007. It is so much better quality than the Sashas Rain and Wind Cover and cheeper, only $19.99.

We purchased the Mutsy for our 2.5 years old daughter (36" tall, 29 lbs) after she outgrew her Bugaboo (which according to manufacturer is good for kids up to 4 years old - so not true!).
In the replacement stroller we were looking for a few things:
- umbrella stroller
- tall back seat and canopy
- tall handles
- good recline for naps
- easy to maneuver

..... and we got it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite, February 9, 2013
I love this umbrella stroller. The only con is that it isn't a one-handed collapsable stroller. That can definitely be overlooked by all the other features. It not only looks great, but easy to navigate. This is one purchase I do not regret!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, October 19, 2012
I read all the reviews before purchasing...We knew going into the purchase that folding the stroller is a bit tricky but it doesn't bother me or my husband. The color is fantastic, maneuverability is great and my 8 month old loves it...wish we would have bought it sooner instead of lugging the bigger stroller around.