Published on June 10, 2010 by Donna77642

3.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT DOWNLOAD TO DUAL LAYER DISKS
HI,

THIS PROGRAM IS A VERY GOOD PROGRAM EXCEPT FOR ONE THING. IT WON'T COPY TO DUAL LAYERS DISK. IF YOU HAVE A VIDEO THAT WOULD REQUIRE USING A DVD +DL YOU WOULD HAVE TO COMPRESS OR SPLIT AND PUT THE VIDEO CLIP ON TWO SINGLE LAYERED DISK.
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Ultimate Movie Maker ***marries*** Miss User Friendly -- a PERFECT UNION!, June 10, 2010
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
Finally!!! A program that will EASILY let me make the HD videos I want without having to beg a "geek" to have mercy on me and come show me how! Don't get me wrong, I am not a typical grandma. I have QOSIMO X305-Q705 blazing red laptop with sound that would rival any expensive stereo system and speed that guarantees not only performance, but intense pleasure, and, although my laptop does contain a couple of thousand family photos, I also have records for my father's entire WWII service, the transcription of the missions for his bomb squadron, 500 or so of his original poems, an exhaustive music collection, and family history photos and documents back to the late 1800's, etc., etc. I share this so that you will know that I am not afraid of learning new software and, indeed, have been known to spend an entire weekend editing one damaged early-1900 photo. So... I am not a slouch when it comes to my laptop; however, that said, let me tell you that I have been intensely frustrated in my search for software to create quick presentations for my friends and family.

I wanted enough hearty features to satisfy my creative streak and professionalism, but user friendly enough not to stress my hectic schedule. I wanted software that would let me be up and running in a hour, even if I get carried away with extras (as I tend to do!). I have been looking for that software for about 3 years, and everything I found so far was lacking in some area....until -- I found muvee's Reveal8!

PROS:

muvee Reveal version 8 was exactly what I was looking for! I read the info on it and tried to curb my hope and expectations while I downloaded a trial version. I located some YouTube videos that had tantalized me with promises of ease of use, without the sacrifice of creativity or that polished look, but I was anxious to try it for myself, and, I was, admittedly, not too hopeful based on past experiences with other software. I was amazed when, in less than a half-hour, I had a polished DVD presentation with some of my favorite photos and music. YEAH!

I wanted to see if it was as easy as it looks in the YouTube demos, and it was! Basically, it was just three steps - pick your photos and/or video and add them, choose a style if you want even more unique effects (each style has its own unique animations and transitions), then add your music and select your output and you are done. Just a few clicks! You can burn it to DVD like I did or even upload it to Facebook or YouTube if you want to share with more than just your family.

Two things are especially cool about this program - it gives you the capability to trim your music in your presentation to make it more dynamic. Think of the possibilities! You can slice out a portion of music that it suits and fits a handful of photos displaying, then switch to portion of that song... or even a different song. Can you see the potential here? Think Jive mix of oldies tunes! Yes! Everyone will be looking forward to your new presentations instead of being forced to watch boring ones. I am thinking this has lots of potential for my Christmas Eve party because I want a presentation for my big screen HD TV - snow scenes and slices of all of my favorite Christmas songs will make a great backdrop for the party in my large family room. The possibilities are endless!

This software will even analyze your music and automatically detect motion, faces, and where to make cuts and apply transitions, and sync it all together to display it to the beat of the your music - now, how smart is that?!!! And I love the full-screen previews!

And not only can it edit your music, it can edit your videos! Yes, it can slice that little ring bearer digging in his nose right out of that otherwise perfect, solemn wedding scene! LOL, don't we ALL have some photos like that? No problem! Just use the MagicMoments element of muvee Reveal 8 to show the portion of your video clip that you want to use...and omit parts that take away from the mood you are trying to create.

With my next presentation, I am going to add my own logo (like those cool ones you have seen on YouTube) and some rolling credits (wow!) to really impress my friends and family.

The "Voice Over" feature is an awesome way to use music to set the mood, but use your voice to give details concerning the events reflected in the photos creating your presentation. I use the captions on my photos so that, when I pass my DVD presentations down to future generations, they will know who is in the photos. The captions are extremely easy to use! I also love it that I have awesome control over the pan and zoom on my photos (using the MagicSpot feature of Reveal 8), as well as volume control over music and voice over narrations.

Always a concern with this type of software is what type of formats will it let you use. Not to worry! It will import video (wmv, mov, mpeg4, h.264z), photos ( jpeg, png, gif, bmp, tiff), and music ( wmv, wmv-hd, avi mov, mpeg4)... and others. And, yes, it will let you burn and save in formats for your iPod (I have an iPod Touch so this was important to me) and phone PSP.

After playing with muvee's Reveal 8 for several days on my Vista laptop, I ran into no problems, conflicts, or issues - everything ran and performed flawlessly.

Additional Styles and stylePacks, including some free holiday ones, are available at [...]. I am so excited about this software - movie editing has NEVER been so easy (and affordable - did I mention this software is less than one hundred dollars? Wow! I paid three times that for some other software I tried that is still sitting on my bookshelf gathering dust because I cannot generate the energy, time, or enthusiasm to figure out how in the heck to use it!) From now on, that is my primary concern with software - is it user friendly? As you can tell from this review that my satisfaction caused to grow and grow - you can count on muvee's Reveal 8!

CONS:

My only "con" (if you can call it that), is that I want more styles - some free ones would be nice, but, at the reasonable price of around $15, even more choices of purchased ones would be fine. I feel confident that a company that has produced such an awesome product will not leave us drooling in anticipation, but will add to the available styles in the future. Now... if I could only sell one of my children on eBay and buy that $399 Business Style Pack that comes with 30 customizable styles and over 1,600 tracks <drool> of royalty-free music . . . (oh, wait, that's against the law, selling kids, isn't it? Maybe teenagers? LOL, only kidding...)...hmm...

NTI provided me with a reviewer's copy of this software so that I might review it; however, that, in no way, affected my review of the product. Like thousands of people out there like myself, I rely on reviews by consumers who have used the software in making my choices on which product to buy. I am extremely grateful for that tool in evaluating the choices I make and would, in no way, corrupt this necessary advantage for consumers. I never follow through on a product's review if I cannot wholeheartedly endorse the product. I would return any review copy, if necessary, to avoid leading you astray. NTI products have been on my computer for years, and, due to the quality of the software, user-friendly rich-features, and reasonable prices, I expect to continue to use them in the future. NTI has never let me down, and I will not let you down with an unwarranted review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity for Superior Results!, June 9, 2010
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
I've owned Muvee Reveal 8 since last year and I LOVE IT! Simplicity meets technology for superior results. Soooo easy to produce quality video productions. 3 short steps: Load images, choose style of production, load music and then make Muvee! You can get more involved if you wish. Manually decide the "pans" and "zooms" on each image. Also add your own titles, background image, feature a logo on each shot if you wish. As an example of a wonderful surprise for the family, I found my parents wedding album and scanned all the old photos in the computer. Then loaded them all in Muvee Reveal 8 and picked a style that matched the music. Soft flowing transitions matched the music of Frank Sinatra they danced to at their wedding and then I burned to a dvd. Made 10 copies and gave to members of the wedding party and family at Christmas. Not a dry eye in the room when it played. I looked like a production superstar!! (I also love the fact that if software locks up during processing, the restart reloads all from memory so nothing was lost.) Think of all the pictures you may have just filling up your computer or on discs and no one can appreciate them. Make a Muvee!! Another example: My cousin and her husband just had a baby. I snapped about 35 pics over the course of an evening and then loaded into Muvee Reveal 8. Selected a song about new born babies and gave it to them as a new parents gift. YOU CAN'T BUY THAT ANYWHERE!! My brother went on a guy trip to Florida and came back and asked me to make a Muvee. I loaded all 85 images into Muvee and then added a cool country song that matched the feel of the trip and you should have seen the look on the guys faces when they saw their images on screen complete with music of their favorite artist!!! You can trim the length of music right in the program. Muvee Reveal will also match the length of photos to the length of music so each Muvee ends on time (as if YOU planned it that way!) You can instantly upload to social networking sites like Facebook or YouTube, download to your ipod, mobile phone, burn dvd, save on your computer just to name a few of the many final rendering possibilities. And for those of you with video, load HD video, with 720p or 1080p resolutions, with direct input from AVCHD/HDV camcorders right into the software! Hello Mr. Easy!! I should be their spokesperson because I have nothing but rave reviews for Muvee Reveal 8. I hope my review helps you decide "wow, why did I wait so long to buy this product!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Software, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
This was a great purchase! I got it for less because I bought with my new Flip video- but now that I know what it does, I'd have paid full price!
Took pictures from a 3 year old trip to New York with the girls, added Alicia Keys song about New York, tried all the different styles and speeds, and in less than an hour, I have an awesome video that I made CDs for my trip buddies and loaded on my iPhone to show everyone how cool it is! I can't wait to pull out other trips and do the same. The main thing is that when I play it, it makes me smile and reminds me of what a great trip it was! Just looking at the pictures alone doesn't do that! Adding music creates the mood and the energy. Buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT DOWNLOAD TO DUAL LAYER DISKS, November 22, 2012
Amazon Customer "Netaddict" (Southern IIllinois, United States) - See all my reviews
HI,

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, professional-looking videos with templates, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
Muvee is my favorite video software, it's the easiest I've used, and the templates give very professional-looking results and polish to videos. I had an old version from years ago (I think it was Muvee 2), and I liked it so much that I decided to upgrade so that I could make videos in HD to upload to YouTube.

When you open the software, there is a box at the top where you select what photos and/or video clips you want to use (from files you've saved somewhere on your computer or hard drive/USB), another box where you select your music (select a file from wherever you store your music on your computer), then you select a template (some come with the software, others are available at additional cost and are downloaded from the manufacture's website). After making selections, you click a "make muvee" button and it puts everything together.

Click the "personalization" tab to create title, credits. Also, you can add captions to individual photos by clicking on the photo in the filmstrip box, and edit the length of the music if you need to shorten it. I have no complaints about this software, I really enjoy using it.

I did purchase several additional templates, (I don't remember what I paid for them, but the manufacturer was offering a discount at the time---there are some Christmas/holiday themes, antique movie/sepia tone, and several others). I felt that the additional templates were really needed, and wish they'd been included with the original purchase. I've had problems with other video software crashing and being hard to use, so I'm sticking with this brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly simple yet professional-quality looking videos, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
After one-time installation of muvee software, just choose your photos and video, select your style (could be romantic; action-packed; reflective....), pick your music and hit the `make muvee' button - it's really that simple!!

Time taken by muvee software to analyze and produce the video is within seconds to couple of minutes - depending on volume of photos and videos selected. I have used earlier versions of muvee software, processing time to produce video has definitely improved in current version.

I have used muvee on several occasions to `produce' home videos or church event videos. Invariably, I receive "Wow!! You made that!", "So professional-looking", "Very hip" kind of comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product! Easy to Use, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
Really simple to use. Intuitive interface for consumers. I have a few hours of video from a holiday in Italy. Nobody wants to watch a few hours of unedited video. I tried using iMovie (on the Mac) and found it very difficult. Using muvee Reveal, I manage to product a few "professional" looking video clips of different parts of my trip, mixing video, photos with music and titles. I like the fact you can change the music, and styles to try out how it output will look. It did not take that long. My family and friends were surprised at what i did. Best video editor I have used!

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a sluggish program..., March 26, 2011
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
I just tried this one. I imported MP4 in the time line and hit button "play". Guess what: instead playing it started to analyze 2 minutes clip with speed like you would copied 100Gb of some info. I stopped right there. How in the world you gonna edit your movie if just to look at your single 2 minutes clip you gonna wait about 6-7 minutes? And I usually have like over hundred of short clips, which would made me wait for 5 hours. NO WAY I would ever wait that long!!!
I better stick with Corel Video Studio Pro X2. It's glitchy also but it does not crash much and it plays my clips instantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible, Feature rich and Easy to use, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
This is a great product for those just beginning and those who are more "seasoned". it really steps you thru what you need to do to create exciting video productions. Muvee Reveal 8 will do what you need it to do.

Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version]
Muvee Reveal 8 [Old Version] by Smith Micro Software Inc. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock