Spanning three generations, Muy Bueno offers traditional old-world northern Mexican recipes from grandmother Jesusita’s kitchen; comforting south of the border home-style dishes from mother Evangelina; and innovative Latin fusion recipes from daughters Yvette and Veronica.
The authors of Muy Bueno launched their food blog in 2010 and quickly attracted thousands of fans and followers who fell in love with its flavorful recipes, heartwarming family stories, and stunning photography. Muy Bueno has become one of the most popular Mexican cookbooks available.
Whether you are hosting a casual family gathering or an elegant dinner party, Muy Bueno has the perfect recipes for entertaining with Latin flair! You’ll find classics like Enchiladas Montadas (“Stacked Enchiladas”) and Frijoles de la Olla (“Beans from the Pot”); staples like Homemade Tortillas and Toasted Chile de Arbol Salsa; exotic delicacies like Menudo (“Hominy and Tripe Soup”) and light seafood appetizers like Shrimp Ceviche and Scallop and Cucumber Cocktail. Don’t forget tempting Coconut Flan and cinnamon-drenched Mexican Wedding Cookies; and daring, dazzling cocktails like Blood Orange Mezcal Margaritas and Persimmon Mojitos. There is truly something in Muy Bueno for every taste! Includes:
• More than 100 easy-to-follow recipes
• A glossary of chiles with photos and descriptions of each variety
• Step-by-step instructions with photos for how to roast chiles, make Red Chile Sauce, and assemble tamales
• A rich family history shared through anecdotes, photos, personal tips, and more
• Stunning color photography throughout