5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best essays...
I remember reading the original book - The Method of the Siddhas - and it changed my life. To discover the same book, but double the volume, with even more essays and teachings is a gift. "Money, Food and Sex" is a chapter not to be missed by anyone!
Published on February 12, 2009 by Georgia Griffiths

1.0 out of 5 stars My "Underwhelmed" Reaction
Published on October 19, 2009 by Sorek

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best essays..., February 12, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Instruction on true liberation, September 21, 2014
Max Cottrell (Middletown, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My "Bright" Word (Paperback)
Like some other reviewers, I also first read the earlier version of this book: "The Method of The Siddhas" in the mid 1970's. I had been practicing TM for five years, and had the great good fortune to spend time around Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He was a fantastic person, the most attractive, loving, happy, intelligent, wise and extraordinarily capable man I had ever seen. He was the most influential and inspiring person for me at that time and he taught me much.

The reason for writing about Maharishi is that he demonstrated the incredible power of devotion to his guru. He was the consummate devotee. Even though his master had passed away many years before, Maharishi was clearly, tangibly loving and relating to him as if he were still alive. Although Maharishi taught and promoted only TM, and hardly ever spoke about his master, and never about the practice of guru-devotion, it was clear to me that Maharishi's relationship with his guru was the key to his liberation. He could not have become so illumined so quickly from meditation practice alone. His master had transmitted awakening power.

Decades of experience and observation have since confirmed this. If you recognize the need for spiritual awakening in order to be a decent and happy human being, then you need a guru. Other practices take too long and don't deliver the fullest realization.

It was in this context that I came across this book. I was amazed at and delighted by the comprehensive and freely given instruction on the guru-devotee relationship, all delivered with great humor. I had read some other books by Adi Da Samraj and had seen a short film of Him; all of which startled me to discover that there was a fully awakened adept born in the west. I devoured each page of the book like a starving man. I exalted in the nectar of divine teaching. One of the many great things about Adi Da Samraj is that he fully understands the mind of 21st century humankind, especially the mind and motivations of the spiritual seeker.

I have returned to My Bright Word many times over subsequent years for refreshed and deepened understanding of life and how to live it as a free being. It is one of my most treasured possessions.

It is anciently recorded that when all the great religions have become corrupt and lost their way, you can be sure that a great adept will be born somewhere on earth to teach and bless ordinary people. The adepts work to realign and reestablish true spiritual practice and civilization. In our time the whole world is groaning under the burden of humanity's aberrations -- all due to ignorance of our divine nature. If you are a seeker for truth, you will not be disappointed by My Bright Word. In fact it is required reading.

Although Adi Da is no longer physically alive, he is very much present spiritually, and completely available to anyone sincerely interested in real spiritual practice. He has established an effective culture of authentic practice that grows ordinary people into his enlightened state.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bright Word That Penetrates the Heart, September 3, 2014
This review is from: My "Bright" Word (Paperback)
As a fairly new devotee, I found this book to be a life-changing experience. I have had an extensive seeking background...for many years. Non-duality and Advaita teachings were part of that seeking. A lot of confusion and doubt as to what exactly is the Truth of the Divine.
When I read "My Bright Word", I felt immense relief and recognition in signs from my body and in my heart, that I was HOME at last, in the land of Truth.
The title of the book is about the Word being Bright or Divine--which was experienced as a means of by-passing the mind for this reader. The Truth of the Bright Words sunk in deep...deep into the psyche, and were often felt as bliss in my being.
I am deeply grateful and feel blessed beyond measure by this book & by the Blessing Way of Avatar Heart Master Adi Da Samraj.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my favorite, April 14, 2006
This review is from: My "Bright" Word (Paperback)
I first read "Method of the Siddhas" in 1999, and found it to be the best book I'd ever read on the spiritual process and the guru-devotee relationship. When I read, "your suffering is your own activity," this really caught my attention. "My Bright Word" is the updated version of this book, with even more added to it. I have always felt that Adi Da and the Teaching are right on. I've always had an intuition of this which continues to be confirmed the more I read, and I feel this Truth radiating from these pages. This book covers a lot of the practical, beginning questions I've had as a seeker of Truth, and also gets into the whole process of what's necessary to realize this Truth. I am very grateful for Adi Da, and for the Brightness reavealed in My Bright Word.

1.0 out of 5 stars My "Underwhelmed" Reaction, October 19, 2009
This review is from: My "Bright" Word (Paperback)
This La-dee-da guy has me convinced that I'm in the wrooooong racket. Being a guru is beast. Just cut-and-paste from lots of philosophical and religious sources, add a mystic aura, call yourself my multiple names (apart from Franklin Jones) and look like Yoda, Captitalize All The Meaningful Words and put them into "quotation" marks, and people give you obedience and money. Apparently they'll give you lots more than that, too, if the allegations are correct.

My "Bright" Word
My "Bright" Word by Adi Da Samraj (Paperback - July 15, 2005)
$24.95 $19.29