4.0 out of 5 stars A Really Fun Book
Published on April 4, 2012 by Deborah

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
Light easy reading with good pace. It was cute, fun and I looked forward to getting back to the book.
Published 21 months ago by Troy Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars A Really Fun Book, April 4, 2012
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Paperback)
For me a really good book needs three things - a well-paced, engaging story, 3 dimensional characters that you can identify with and feel strongly about, and a unique sense of place. This book has it all. The humorous and entertaining plotline compels you to keep turning the pages as the innocent lie the lead character tells in the beginning snowballs into an avalanche of problems that I didn't know how she would ever get out of. The characters, each with their own assortment of insecurities felt real and familiar, and the Hollywood setting was interesting with realistic details about auditioning, casting, and actually working on a hit TV show. This book is LOL funny and also makes you think about the unexpected consequences of not being completely honest. All in all a very fun read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, October 13, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable fast read. Found Linda/Meghan to be very likable. Managed to learn a few things about Ireland, and how a TV show works.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable romp, though kind of hard to believe, August 9, 2013
Kate (New York, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
This novel follows a young actress who, having a hard time getting work in Hollywood, convinces some directors she's Irish and lands a plum role. All that is believable enough, though as she meets actual Irish people (as the story goes on), it becomes harder to believe.

If you watch people with a gift for accents, you'll see that even the most talented mimics and actors will falter at times in places where they can easily be detected by a native with that accent. You notice this in actors all the time (think Chris O'Dowd's American accent in the show Girls, which doesn't quite convince us), and only the best can convince others a foreign accent is their own (think Bridget Jones's Diary, where Renée Zellweger's accent and mannerisms are, you have to admit, impressively flawless).

So I did find the story a little implausible in places, in terms of whether the protagonist could "get away with" what she did.

And yet it was a fun read and a good story. I would definitely recommend it to chick lit fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writing, July 31, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
Everything about the story made me smile - parents, sister, friends - she had a great life. Just goes to show how easy it is to make something of yourself if you really want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good fun!, July 21, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! Caitlin McKenna definitely has a way of grabbing your attention and holding it to the very last page. This is a great read, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good romantic comedy. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great light hearted story, July 18, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
I highly recommend this book if you are in the mood for a romantic comedy. I got this book because the title reminded me of of the movie "my big fat greek wedding" (a movie which i happen to love). The book actually have nothing in common with the movie but they are both awesome chick flicks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely story but lots of fun, July 8, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
A very enjoyable read, with an unlikely plot but it held my interest until the end. Great read for the holidays or a long boring plane trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun & Fresh, July 5, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, it was light and fresh and fun. Definitely a good bit of escapism which we all need every now and again and would recommend it as great holiday reading material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very engaging., July 1, 2013
C. Andrick (Decatur, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
This is a book like no other book I've ever read. It's highly entertaining & the plot deepens throughout the book as the character, Meghan, has to maintain so much secrecy--24/7!!! It unfolds so hilariously that you just don't know what's going to happen next. This is the kind of book you want to look ahead to see what happens at the end; but don't!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book & for such a low price, it was well worth it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, June 21, 2013
This review is from: My Big Fake Irish Life (Kindle Edition)
i love how she makes herself over to get a job and in the end just had to be herself to get the man.she loved her role, but it was hard trying to stay in the role especially with her parents always popping in.

My Big Fake Irish Life