5.0 out of 5 stars reading is fun
Published on December 3, 2012 by Denyse Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay
I would prefer if the words did not require tracing. I would use for younger children. OK OK OK OK
Published on November 17, 2012 by Onri

5.0 out of 5 stars reading is fun, December 3, 2012
This review is from: My Book of Simple Sentences: Learning about Nouns and Verbs (Kumon Workbooks) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my six year old daughter over the summer. The book is basically about how nouns and verb relate to each other in sentences. It teaches your child that a noun is a naming word and a verb is a doing word. The book starts of with a list of nouns, then your child will write that noun in singular and plural form. Then they will do the same for the verbs. Then they will combine the two and make simple sentences. I love this book because your child will be reading in no time. The book is repetitive but that is good because it is making sure your child is learning tthe subject matter. It do have an award certificate at the end of the book to present to your child, when the book is finish. I say buy it and give it a try, your first grader or second grader will be happy.

For example: List of nouns

walk walks
run runs

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Learning Tool, January 21, 2010
Tyeisha C. Humphrey ("City of Stone", GA) - See all my reviews
The Kumon workbooks continue to amaze me. I purchased My Book of Simple Sentences for my children when they were about 5 and 6. The colorful pictures are able to keep any child's attention. And, the big lines and texture of the paper allow small hands to feel comfortable even in the beginning stages of writing.

The sentences are short and each lesson builds up to the next one. This workbook will help develop confidence in young children, and they are rewarded at the end because they will receive a certificate of completion.

In our family, we did an awards ceremony after each book.
So, yes I definitely would recommend this product to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Head Start, December 23, 2009
Mike (Bound Brook, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
If you want little Johnny or Jane to get a jump on writing, this book by Kumon is a good way of going about it. It uses a progressive method of teaching about the elements of a sentence, using exercises to build up to writing simple sentences. It's clear, easy to understand, and as "fun" as something like this can be. My son did a page every night or so and writes (and reads) very well for someone his age. So go ahead and do it -- a little education never hurt anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars It builds a pretty solid foundation, July 29, 2013
I used this book for a summer bridge program for Pre-K - Kindergarten. There is a lot of tracing while introducing children to writing simple sentence structures. It also gives the opportunity for early readers/writers to understand singular nouns and plural nouns, verb/noun agreement and read many new sight words. There is a lot of repetition but, the graphics keep the child's attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good resource for Pre-K to K, November 11, 2013
Kumon, in general has really nice workbooks. This one I purchased for my kindergartner to reinforce concepts that are being introduced early in the school year. I'd recommend this workbook as a great resource for the summer between pre-K and K.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for just completing kindergarten, July 7, 2013
It's a good review for 1st grade. A little too much repeating that I think my kids get alittle bored with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, May 29, 2013
Good product for child learning and practice also good. i would suggerst parents to buy this product for child. Good

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect learning tool, January 3, 2013
This book is a great tool as it builds concepts from the basics to more complex sentence construction. It makes learning fun for the learner and parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching tool, January 7, 2014
We are fans of Kumon workbooks. This is just another one of their wonderful products. Fun and challenging for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know how to write well, June 28, 2013
I saw the inside waving on amazone. i thoght that it could be usefull for my pupils and i bought it. I was right. The book is very clear and usefull

My Book of Simple Sentences: Learning about Nouns and Verbs (Kumon Workbooks)
$7.95