5.0 out of 5 stars true life saver (or sleep saver!)
Published on January 14, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without it, but could be better...
I rarely write reviews, but this product has such a glaring flaw that I felt compelled to inform potential buyers.

Published on June 29, 2011 by B. Hepworth

5.0 out of 5 stars true life saver (or sleep saver!), January 14, 2011
Amazon Customer "emilyelizabeth" (Sugar Land, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Brest Friend Twins Plus Deluxe Nursing Pillow, Green, 0-12 Months (Baby Product)
Ok, so I was initially dismayed thati couldn't use this when just home from hospital with c-section and preemie twins... but I tried it again when I was healed some and so glad I did! I am now 7 weeks into this and have a system down. Its hard in the beginning (nursing twins) but it does get easier. I considered quitting countless times in early days but wanted that good immunity passed along to my small babies.

So, back to pillow- well I am typing this review as I nurse- those of you that already have your infants home know that alone is amazing (getting your hands free). I use it on the couch, in a recliner, and favorite spot is propped up in bed. That is where sleep-saving comes in, I can stay comfy and warm and not become fully conscious (I have changing station in my room- using first child's crib so I hav room to lay them both down- with baskets of quick use clothes and diaper changing necessities all there to the sides of crib.) I have my twins co-sleeping and I sit up at night, put pillow on, grab one baby and then the other. I currently use a baby blanket under their heads to help get them situated. I even have changed one diaper while other nurses (already getting too big for that though). I am not a small woman and it works for me, for those concerned about that. Oh! And you can prop baby on tummy and burp if needed. The pocket is great for my cell phone which is my life (internet, email, kindle books, and audible audiobooks all in one phone- worth EVERY penny during this time you spend so much time tied to babies.)

Here are some things I've found work for me to nurse twins and survive. Couch not recliner.. got a cheap nursing stool for feet and can use seat next to me to lay baby(ies) down briefly to get situated. Recliner too hard to fold up and stand up with 2 sleeping infants you don't wish to wake. Nursery glider: I Personally don't fit with the pillow (not width! But depth-wise is akward). Ok, I mentioned the smart phone- must have if you can. If not, pack a little basket with a handle you can tote around with some entertainment. Make sure you have a giant drink ready before sitting to nurse unless you have help handy. I use the mug from the hospital. I fill it with crystal light and have a water bottle handy. I have also been seen putting the pillow on and walking to get babies so I can sit and get them both situated. Looks funny but works, same thing when going to lay sleeping babies down. Use clip to release pillow, not the loud velcro. There is more I've learned but not for here!

Conclusion- can not live without this thing!

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without it, but could be better..., June 29, 2011

First, let me say that I absolutely could not survive without this nursing pillow. I am alone with my twins for 7 out of 8 feedings a day, and without this pillow I would be unable to properly place my twins in order to tandem breastfeed them. It is wide and strong enough to set one baby on one side, while I grab the second baby.

With that in mind, there is a lot that I really don't like about this pillow. First, the back support pillow really sucks. It is too low so I end up leaning WAY back which makes it difficult to properly hold my babies in a football hold and have any support for my arms. It would be nice If you could somehow detach the little pillow without losing the entire back portion, but you can't. However, you can just detach the entire back portion so that is what I have done. The only bummer with that is that with the back portion the pillow really is attached to you. So much so that you can stand up if you need to. Without the back portion this cannot be done.

The second problem I have with this pillow is the covering. It is soft, but as soon as milk gets on it, it turns hard and crusty. Since I am breastfeeding two babies and don't have a lot of extra hands to wipe up leaking milk, I find that the cover is often hard and crusty. I wash it often, which is fine, but it cannot be dried which means I have to live without the pillow for a feeding which, as mentioned, is difficult.

Finally, the biggest problem I have with this pillow, and the reason I am writing this review is the fact that the inside of this pillow is made out of some seriously horrible material. I discovered this while putting the cover back on after washing it. Essentially the inside of this pillow is styrofoam, and while putting the cover back on, I had to be a little forceful. As I was doing this, I punctured a hole in the styrofoam. This really annoyed me, but I figured...maybe I was being a little rough. Well with two babies, I often have to grab the pillow with just one hand, and multiple times little chunks of the edges have broken off. I just think this is a serious problem with the quality of this pillow. I feel like the material should be strong enough to be handled...sometimes even grabbed on the edges without it breaking off.

Overall, I gave this pillow three stars, because like I said it is essential. However, I really think there are some design flaws that could be improved on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising, but doesn't deliver like the single version, May 25, 2011
Housewares snob (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I LOVED the Brest Friend for my first baby. Sadly, the twin version seems to promise more than it can deliver, and I find myself hoping that only one twin will wake at a time, because tandem feeding with it has become a bit of a production. As another reviewer stated, after the first month, the babies grew long enough to reach the pillows behind and kick themselves forward on the pillow causing them to lose their latch. In addition, the "U" in the pillow that you sit in does not fit me at all, and the babies fall down into the gaps if I haven't bolstered myself with extra pillows in the back. It seems that this was only intended for plus-plus sized moms. That said, this is as good or better than other models on the market. The fabric is yummy and soft, and the girls love to fall asleep on it (a plus and a minus), and the pocket is handy for all those items you need to have at hand when you're nursing on and off all day.

UPDATE 7-15-11: I have found a great, albeit odd solution: a buckwheat travel pillow. It is just the right size to fill the gap in the center hole, and provides support without moving around too much or squishing down without being too hard. It's great for propping me up in the bed. Also,I have to reverse my earlier statement and say that as much as a production as it can be, I prefer nursing the twins together rather than separately. They seem to soothe quicker and eat more efficiently. After they developed some head support it got much easier to do on my own. So don't give up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cadillac Pillow for twins - lifesaver, March 25, 2010
CATwinMom (San Mateo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I used the EZ-2-Nurse twins pillow (about $50) for 5 months, before I found this one - I hesitated before purchasing, as I wasn't sure how much longer I'll be breastfeeding. But oh, am I glad I went ahead. This is the Cadillac version - well-made, firm foam, easy to use clasp, plenty of back support to lean against, comfy fleece cover, and the correct height for feeding. My EZ-2-Nurse was so not EZ. The zipper broke the 2nd time it was washed, the nylon belt does not stay tight, it is difficult to put on with one hand (and a baby in the other), and worst of all, the sides are sloped in so that the babies always rolled in towards me. Oh yes, and it is too low, meaning I either had to raise my legs up under it, or lean over to get at the right height for feeding, which was murder on my back. I also bought the Brest Friend single pillow, a while back, as I hated to use the EZ-2-Nurse. But with this pillow (unlike the EZ), you could feed single (in a cradle or football position) or double.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best twin nursing pillow for purchase, but not perfect., October 4, 2010
I purchased this twin nursing pillow after the less expensive Double Blessings pillow no longer worked. This pillow is more expensive, but much better. I've been using it for my twins from 3 months old until now - 8 months old.

Pros: Soft, washable cover. Extra covers available for purchase from My Brest Friend. Good back support. Lip at edge helps keep babies secure.

Cons: Cover material is slightly stretchy, making it hard to get the pillow tight enough around my waist - it slips down below my waist regularly. Don't see how I'll be able to use it when my twins are a year old - I just don't think it will support their weight. At 8 months, I've started to put pillows under each side to keep the pillow at the height I need. Lip at edge helps keep babies secure, but they can still easily roll off if you're not paying attention. I can only use football hold with this pillow.

Suggestions: Turn it inside out when washing otherwise the velcro sticks to everything in the machine. Buy an extra cover because accidents happen.

UPDATE: This pillow is still working and my twins are 18 months old. The foam is starting to break down a little bit, but it's still functional. The zipper on one cover broke, but luckily I have a spare cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pillow!, April 27, 2010
I bought this pillow when my twins were about 7 weeks old so I could start simultaneous feeding. I had tried to simultaneous feed before with a boppy and just propping up pillows but neither worked. The babies would get bad latches or just fall out of position constantly. The first time I tried this pillow I LOVED it. The babies stay in position well and are easy to get latched on. I love that the pillow is firm so I don't feel like they're moving around and I don't have to slump over to get to them. The wrap around support also is nice because it keeps the pillow in place. I would definitely recommend this pillow to any mom of twins (or more) who is looking to feed simultaneously. Definitely a time & life saver! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the regular brestfriend for plus sized moms, July 23, 2012
I bought the regular Brest friend and found it was a little uncomfortable. I'm a size 18/20 and the regular one fit, but this one is SO much more comfy and sturdy. I adore this pillow and it has made breast feeding with large breasts so much easier because I can put my elbows down on the pillow instead of hunching over. Even if I wasn't plus sized I think I'd prefer the twin because of this feature, plus when nursing using a football hold this pillow is far superior to the regular one. It's great bc you don't have to turn the pillow when changing breasts using the football hold.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hate It, April 10, 2013
I bought this based on the reviews and have tried to use it multiple times in the 4+ months I've been feeding twins. I'm not tiny (size 12), but can't get it tight enough so there ends up being a large gap in front. I can't get it to sit high enough so I end up hunched over. I also can't figure out the "back support". It is awful in every situation. Doesn't even double as something else I can use for them.

The Twin Z nursing pillow is better (still not perfect - had to add snaps on latch system because buckles don't get it tight enough, have to use pillow under because it isn't tall enough, and it is getting flatter). But it is muli-purpose and more comfortable.

Wish I'd spent the money I spent on this on something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't tandem nurse without it!, January 21, 2012
When my twin boys were first born, I was determined to tandem feed them until their first birthday. After they were a month old, I despaired that this would ever happen! I was using pillows to support them while nursing, and it was absolutely impossible to feed them without either my husband or mom to help me latch the babies on. After talking to another twin mom we ordered this pillow, and haven't looked back since! My boys are now 5 months old and I am exclusively breast feeding them in tandem, and it would be impossible without this pillow. I place each baby on one end of the couch, sit in the middle of them, lift each baby onto the brest friend, latch them on, and off we go! The foam is firm and dense enough to keep them in place while I am nursing them (although I do still have to use my hands to keep them latched on, otherwise they pull off and start crying). It supports their weight very well. I haven't had any problems with the boys "sinking" now that they weigh more as I have heard some of the other reviews mention. I've washed the cover multiple times and haven't noticed any crumbling from breast milk, nor have I had problems with the foam breaking off like some reviews talked about. Honestly, the biggest problem we're having at this point is that my boys are getting so long their legs are now hitting the back of the couch. I had a c-section and it was also perfectly comfortable to use while I was healing in the beginning. If you want to successfully tandem feed your twins, this pillow is a must! I cannot say enough good things about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest, January 18, 2011
My twins were able to fit football style for only about 1 month. They were able to kick the chair behind once they grew a just a little so latching became difficult. I was able to do one at a time. Also, the sides near the back of the pillow (so the end nearest the chair/couch) slant down, so the pillow in front slants up. This caused the baby's head to rest lower than the rest of the body, so I would have to prop pillows all over the place in creative ways AND lean to prevent this causing my back to ache. The only benefit so far has been not having to support their weight with my arms.

Rate and Discover Movies