Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

My Clippings Limit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2008 2:42:11 PM PST
Mike Graham says:
Since I do a lot of speaking, I find myself using the my clippings function for illustrations and examples. When I transfer my clippings to MSWord, I receive a notice that I have exceeded the clippings limit and the quote I wanted is not available. Does anyone know how I can adjust the clippings limit?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2008 2:49:06 PM PST
Selena says:
I know there is a limit ,but not sure how much. Here is an old posting from a reader about clippings:

I did a test with a DRM'd Amazon book and a non-DRM'd book.

Using text size 1, with the Amazon book I was able to clip 39 pages. I got the error on the 40th page.

Using text size 1, with a non-DRM'd book, I clipped 80 pages with no problem. My fingers got tired so I quit, but I think you can draw your own conclusions. I did this AFTER the first test, so the limit is not in the myclippings.txt file itself. All the clips from both tests were in there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2008 8:29:32 PM PST
Cillasi says:
DRM'ed books are limited by the fair usage rules/laws/conventions, which means you can't clip more than 10% of the book (I think) because you can export clippings. There's no legal way to get around the limitation and even if you erase your current clippings, you will not be able to take more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2008 8:44:17 PM PST
Selena says:
yes, I think th 10% limit is true. one can also take a screenshot of the page (a gif image).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (8,011)