Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My Crayons Talk
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 9, 2000
Every child I know - my students, my children, my nieces and nephews - loves this book. The repetive refrain is perfect for beginning readers and the rhythm of the language engages young readers immediately. Your child will want to hear the story over and over. Non-readers will make up their own story but the refrain is easy and fun for them to remember and "read".
on December 15, 2004
In this title, Patricia Hubbard uses rhythm and fun to introduce colors. Children are quickly reciting the repetitive refrains with smiles on their faces as this book is introduced. G. Brian Karas' illustrations are colorful and imaginative providing good visualizations to Hubbard's imaginative, colorful ideas. The book uses a familiar crayon box to describe things that can be seen or drawn with each color. Preschoolers through beginning elementary school children love this book!
on November 30, 2009
The book was in good shape, the price and shipping were good but the story itself was disappointing. We searched for the book because my daughter's teacher was doing a skit with the class based on this book and i was curious what it was about. The title was nice but making a clown's pants fall down in a book geared for preschoolers is not cool. I was abucted and molested when I was 6 so I have told my daughter that if anyone ever exposes themself in anyway that she is to scream and run. She is 4 and she asked if she should scream and run even if it is just a book. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
on January 23, 2013
I choose to give this purchase four stars for a two reasons. First, the book arrived two days before expected date. Secondly, I had to take one start off because it was considered good used condition, however several of the pages were loose. Overall, I am very happy with all my used book purchases through amazon.
on May 8, 2012
You know how you have a bookshelf of "those" books? The ones that feel like an old friend because you've read them to your child so many times? The ones where you and your husband quote phrases from as your own inside joke? My Crayons Talk by Patricia Hubbard is one of those books. When I first bought the book I thought it was good, but I wasn't on fire for it. But the alliteration and consonance was fun to read, which made it fun for my son to hear...and voila...a friendship was formed with a clickety, clackety crayon girl.
on May 31, 2010
I use this story at the beginning of the school year to help me assess what colors my students know. This book also helps me to help students broaden their crayon color choices.
on January 23, 2009
I am an art teacher and I use this book to read to my Kindergarten students to inspire them on their creativity. GREAT BOOK
on January 12, 2007
Great book to use in pre-school-1st grade children. It has good rhyme and story about the crayons talking.
on September 10, 2010
This book was chosen as the summer reading book for my granddaughter's preschool program. At first I didn't get the point and I didn't particularly like the book, but she did. After reading it several times to her, she was able to just about quote the book herself (I guess that is what the author intended), I began to discover little things about each page that she found funny and interesting.

All in all, a good book for the 3-4 year old set!
on April 28, 2013
This book was great for the lesson plan I did for preschoolers on colors. The section that repeats is a great way to incorporate students into the reading.