5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for toddlers
Published on December 29, 2008 by Warfy

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty art, lame story.
The illustrations are beautiful - the words are lame.
I bought it as a father's day gift (so few good dad books out there!)
I'm a former elementary school teacher who LOVES good children's books, so I'm picky, but this poem is lame.
Ultimately, I wouldn't buy it again, but oh well.
Published 15 months ago by Renee Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for toddlers, December 29, 2008
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
I bought this book for my husband on his first Father's Day. We are both very happy with it. It's short but touching and has beautiful illustrations. For example, one page shows the baby bear and his father sitting on top of a mountain, watching the sun set. The text reads, "I'm as still as still can be, when you're sitting next to me." Another page reads, "I'm the very bravest bear, when I know that you are there." Pretty cute stuff.

It's also very durable. My 10 month old son loves to turn the pages and has even drooled on it a bit. We just wipe it clean, with no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, unnecessarily gendered, May 16, 2011
K. Reeves (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
I bought this book to be "from" my daughter to her father for Christmas. The text inside doesn't mention whether Little Bear is a boy or girl, but the back cover states that "When Little Bear is with his daddy, he is..." So I took a permanent marker and turned his into her and he into she!

It's frustrating because there's no reason to have that on the cover when the story is absolutely neutral and lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and loving message for the ages, October 9, 2013
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Hardcover)
There is something uniquely timeless about the message this book conveys through the very few words it uses. Seen from a child's eyes and mind, moments that a child spends with its father mean a lot. It's a short book, no doubt, but the message it chooses must surely resonate with every child who is lucky to have a father and every father who is lucky to be with their child. It doesn't say whether the baby bear is speaking in the voice of a boy or girl. Somehow, it doesn't seem to matter. There are single dads out there and single moms too and children might rarely view themselves first as a boy or a girl. To them, being their daddy's child might mean a lot more. Reading this book with my son and enjoying the simple act of being together with him, engaged in his moments, was pure joy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but awkward, November 20, 2010
Jeannette (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
The book is very short, sweet story of a baby's companionship with his daddy. The story is about how the baby bear feels/is when he's with his daddy (i.e. brave, still). It's also a very sturdy board book with a cushiony soft cover, which makes it a great book for very little ones. The cover can be wiped clean and it's fairly chew-proof. The only complaint I have is that some of the sentences are split between pages so it's a tiny bit awkward to read at a couple points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, June 17, 2013
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
I bought this book for my husband for Father's Day and my kids love to have him read to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Father's Day gift, March 12, 2011
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
This book is great. The illustrations are so cute and the text is simple and sweet. It is very durable. My husband and 2 year old LOVE reading this book when he puts him to bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute book, August 25, 2010
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
This book is very cute. The illustrations are lovely, the wording sweet. We got it as a gift for my husband's first Father's Day and he and his little boy enjoy reading it together.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWE, October 1, 2013
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Hardcover)
So Cute great addition to the daddy diaper bag we gave as a shower gift to my brother in Law from My husband jot down a cute little note inside and you have an amazing gift and keepsake for years down the road:)

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, June 27, 2014
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Board book)
we also have my daddy and me. both great - good bonding books to read to your little one =)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Time Dad Book, January 6, 2014
This review is from: My Daddy and Me (Hardcover)
I'm a FTM and I got this book for my husband for Christmas. He loves it and I think it'll be great for a book for him to read to the baby. The illustrations are great and there is plenty of dead space on the large, cardboard/laminated pages for the baby to chew. I foresee many hours of bonding over this book ahead :)

My Daddy and Me
My Daddy and Me by Tina Macnaughton (Board book - May 1, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01