4.0 out of 5 stars Live To Read
Published on March 21, 2012 by Chels

1.0 out of 5 stars No heart
This book is not a good one. They show no love for their horses and they are all full of hatred. It also has some innapropiate content in both books. The cussing is very usless and has no purpose. This is not a good book
Published 22 months ago by a kid

1.0 out of 5 stars No heart, October 24, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Live To Read, March 21, 2012
This review is from: My Favorite Mistake: An A Circuit Novel (Paperback)
Tommi,Zara, and Kate try to balance their love of horses, competitions, friends,boyfriends, family, work, and shopping. In this second book in the series, Tommi has a new boyfriend who doesn't always help her make the best decisions; sometimes "catty" Zara deals with the annoyance of having a "babysitter" who turns out to be less responsible than she is; and, Kate learns that friends want to help her balance work and her health. The reader will love getting to know these dynamic and interesting characters. The author can really make the reader care what the characters do in the novel and how their decisions play out.

Who doesn't love horses? Although I know something about horses, showing, jumping, and stables, I learned something from the descriptions of riding and caring for horses in this book. I loved that Kate found a potential ride, one that might rival her wealthy friends' mounts, in a small country stable. The descriptions of the horses and environment can really make the book come alive for the reader. I don't usually watch the teen/young adult TV dramas, but My Favorite Mistake reminds me of series like "Gossip Girl" and "Pretty Little Liars".

*Complimentary copy received for this review, does not affect my opinion in any way*

4.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than the 1st one!, March 16, 2012
This review is from: My Favorite Mistake: An A Circuit Novel (Paperback)
After reading the fun and frothy The A Circuit, the prequel to My Favorite Mistake, I couldn't wait to see what was up next for Tommi, Zara, Fitz, and Kate, especially given where the last book left off! Thankfully, My Favorite Mistake was even better than The A Circuit. It provided even more drama as well as intrigue and even some real live situations were thrown in. Basically, it was the perfect read for a quiet afternoon or evening!

My Favorite Mistake starts up shortly after the last book left up. The girls as well as their horses are training for even more horse shows while dealing with the many problems as well as fun that comes their way. In this addition, I really feel like the girl's grew as a characters. Zara became more than just a "party girl" when faced with the dilemma of what to do when her babysitter turns out to be even more wilder than she is. Headstrong Tommi, on the other hand, deals with a new love, one that may provide a risk to her horse ridding career. Lastly, Kate is dealing with her own problems, which include her Mom's OCD ways, her developing relationship with Fitz, and much more. I came to like the girl's even more in this one, especially Zara, because not only were they fun, but they really managed to come off in a realistic way in this one. They made mistakes, they risked there futures for silly things, and they loved and learned... basically even with their amazing lives they still managed to just be regular teens, trying to find their place. The only aspect, I wasn't too big on in this one, was the lack of development into their friendship. The girls didn't really spend too much time together in this one. Hopefully that will change in the next one!

The plot in this one as much fun as the last one! It was interesting to find out more about the world of horse showing as well as the many preparations the girls have to do for it. I also enjoyed seeing the girl's everyday adventures as well as Kate's developing relationship with Fitz. The ending of this one also provided me with enough juice and intrigue to be saying, "Where's the next one?!"

The writing in this one was also decent! Georgina as well as Catherine did a fabulous job of blending the girl's POVs together as well as making sure they didn't overlap.

In all, My Favorite Mistake is yet another fun addition to the A Circuit series...here's to hoping the next one is even better!

Grade: B

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than the First One!, April 15, 2012
This review is from: My Favorite Mistake: An A Circuit Novel (Paperback)
I enjoyed the first book in this series, The A Circuit, but I wasn't absolutely blown away by it. My Favorite Mistake by Georgina Bloomberg and Catherine Hapka was everything I had been hoping to find in book 1 and more. I instantly was caught up in the story, and was so bummed when it had ended.

I really just love the horse showing world in these books. In The A Circuit, I was a bit lost, not sure of some of terminology people used, but by the end, I had gotten it all down. This made getting into the story and completely understanding what was going on so much easier in My Favorite Mistake.

The plot was a lot of fun. I felt like the plot of My Favorite Mistake had a bigger focus around friendship, and that was really nice to see. There are some new relationships that I am curious to see how they will pan out in future books.

I really love the characters in this series. Kate and Tommi remain my two favorite characters of the books. They are both such goodhearted people and a ton of fun! It was nice to see more of some of the other characters, as well as a different side of some, like Zara. I wasn't a fan of her in The A Circuit, but My Favorite Mistake really showcased another side of her.

I simply cannot wait for the next book in the series now. This installment was so much fun to read, and I loved hearing more from the wonderful characters.

I would really recommend My Favorite Mistake to anyone looking for a great story and a fast read. I am very excited to see more from this dynamic duo!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too young for me, March 6, 2014
Sandy Madaio (Kirkville, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Thought the horse world would 'make it ' for me but still different values. I'd probably try again with a sequel because of the show scene but......

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Mistake, February 13, 2014
Really enjoyed this story about the Hunter/Jumper world and junior riders. Georgina Bloomberg,an international Hunter competitor, really added a note of factual interest to this teen horse novels. Very entertaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Mistake, January 3, 2014
My Favorite Mistake picks up one week after the disastrous Hounds Hollow horse show of The A Circuit, where a beautiful horse was injured and Fitz took the fall for Zara about the incident in the first novel of this series.

Fitz is still in the trainer Jamie's doghouse, but his gesture went a long way to impressing working student Kate. Kate, however is having her own issues with her high pressure job and unstable family life and might not have time to put into a romance right now.

Tommi has met an intriguing new boy named Alex and is forced to compromise between her career goals of turning pro and working seriously all summer on her project horse and having fun with friends and getting closer to Alex.

Zara has yet to decide between her party girl lifestyle and her showing ambitions and is attempting to do both with her father away in Europe.

With all the drama surrounding it's top three riders, Pelham Lane Stables is once again an exciting place to be. I liked this book just as much as the first in the series. The girls are all both likeable and frustrating. Kate remains the character that I cheer for the most; I do wish that they all shared a bit more compassion for the magificent horses in their care though. Recommended for older horse loving teens and a nice, quick horsey read for adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, August 12, 2013
This book was amazing! I can't wait for the next one to come out! Great book for teen girls who have love for riding and horses!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, July 12, 2013
I've been looking for a teen horse book and a new series to read. When I found out about this series I fell in love with it! Amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, June 7, 2013
Was a wonderful book I loved every bit of it. The way it was writen form a riders point of view was amazing

My Favorite Mistake: An A Circuit Novel
My Favorite Mistake: An A Circuit Novel by Georgina Bloomberg (Paperback - February 28, 2012)
$9.99 $8.62