5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite in our house!
My two-year-old daughter LOVES this book. She had me read it over and over during the holiday season. (She calls it the "ho ho book"!) She was just mesmerized by the images and particularly loved the image of Santa himself.
Published on January 18, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great
I bought this for my niece as she absolutely loves books. While the book is colorful and she loves the pictures, the wording is not what I expected. There are no rhymes, and it is really a book of short, choppy sentences feeling more like awkward fragments. I would suggest looking to other first Christmas books.
Published on January 2, 2012 by user123

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite in our house!, January 18, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars grandson's favorite, December 28, 2009
J. Sedgley (Melbourne, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
My grandson is 9 months old. He loves this book with the simple pictures and durable pages that he can turn all by himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tomie's the best!, February 8, 2010
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
I've had the honor of knowing Tomie dePaola for over 30 years now. I'm always amazed at his creativity and sensitivity. My First Christmas is a wonderful introduction to Christmas and it's meaning for all ages. The delightful pictures make the symbols totally wonderful. I'm probably not the best person to review Tomie's books because I love his art work and his storytelling. I am a former Children's Librarian, so I do know good children's literature and Tomie produces some of the best.

P.S. I even named one of my cats Tomie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Illustrations, January 26, 2013
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
I bought this and several other Tomie books for my baby granddaughter. She is attracted to the bold colors and simple illustrations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great, January 2, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Simple, nothing special, December 23, 2012
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
I recently purchased this book for my baby. We have been reading it for the past few weeks, he is now 3 months. This book holds his interest and we will keep it the holiday rotation probably forever, however im not in love with it. The pictures are a little drab and boring and it is really religious. There are much better Christmas books out there for babies.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it was going to be, December 26, 2011
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
I am a new mom and ordered this for my new baby. I was for some reason expecting the phrases to rhyme or say something about it being a first Christmas. but it did not. It just talks about decorations that are around the house. My little boy liked it but he is not very picky since he is only 7 weeks old. I would not recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Magic!, May 5, 2014
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
Jolly Old Santa Claus with a sack full of toys plus many bright colors depicting the iconic Christmas delighted Jackson Charles!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, December 27, 2013
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
I paid $45 for the book, when we received it the sticker on the front said $5.99. The book is very short and plain.

4.0 out of 5 stars my 1st christmas, December 12, 2013
This review is from: My First Christmas (Board book)
this book too was purchased for my 7mo old grandson. the book is colorful, easy to wipe off in case of spills. nice artwork. this will be enjoyed for several christmas' to come.

My First Christmas
My First Christmas by Tomie dePaola (Board book - October 13, 2015)
Add to wishlist