Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My First Kwanzaa (My First Holiday)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 7, 2004
I am a pre-kindergarten teacher and I struggled to find an age apropriate book to explan Kwanzaa to the children in my classroom. This one was great! The children LOVED it and could relate to what was going on throughout the book. I recommend this book to anyone learning about Kwanzaa for the first time. It is a simple and enjoyable read! Also, K is For Kwanzaa is a good book to show the children the items used to celebrate Kwanzaa in a clear and simple manner.
on December 10, 2008
I enjoyed reading My First Kwanzaa, a colorful children's book that will bring smiles to your child's face. It provides examples of how to celebrate the holiday from a child's prospective, but it will also evoke some ideas for your own family. Moreover, it explains all of the principles and symbols of the Kwanzaa. In addition, the side bars provide background information that will help adults teach children about Kwanzaa. I highly recommend this book for any parent who wants to celebrate Kwanzaa.

[...]
on January 21, 2014
Great book for youngsters who have never celebrated Kwanzaa. I recommend it to parents who will be celebrating Kwanzaa as a supplemental tool that their children can read along with their parents in preparing for Kwanzaa celebration.
on December 12, 2013
I ordered this book to go along with a holiday activity I do with my boys (2 1/2 and 5yrs) to learn about different traditions around the holidays. This book was a great first look into the Kwanzaa holiday for this age group. It was detailed just enough to keep the 5 yr old engaged and ask questions but simple enough to not overwhelm the 2 1/2 yr old. The illustrations are wonderful and really add to the story entertainment factor. They took it to Grammie and Grampies to share so that means it was a success! :)
on November 17, 2008
I teach Kwanzaa to preschoolers all over the state, and this is the book I use. It's easy to understand, it's not too text-heavy or complex, and preschoolers respond to the illustrations. This is a fantastic introduction for very young children. I highly recommend it!
on January 9, 2014
I bought this for my daughter to share at preschool since the theme of the week was Kwanzaa. It didn't arrive in time (not Amazon's fault, I ordered it too late) but we've read it a few times before bed already and my daughter loves it. After the first reading she asked if we could read it again the next night. Maybe because her name is Nia ;-) But it's a cute story and I like the Swahili words that the book teaches us.
on February 7, 2015
I mistakenly thought these were board books.
on December 20, 2014
Simple and easy to understand for young children.
on January 8, 2015
Great book with a lot of information. This is a wonderful introduction to Kwanzaa for any small child. I used it in my classroom when discussing different holidays in December.
on November 17, 2014
Wish I could have purchased about 25-30 to give to chldren as part of our organization's literacy program.