Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

on August 12, 2001
I don't know why Rodney Dangerfield's movie "My 5 Wives" did not receive a wide theatrical release, since it is his funniest film in years. The jokes start right from the beginning, when Rodney is in divorce court. "Every time I wanted sex, my wife left the room to give me privacy! The last time I had sex, I was arrested for assault with a dead weapon!", he tells his lawyer. Also appearing in the movie are John Byner, playing a crooked banker, Andrew Dice Clay, who plays a Mafia underboss and Jerry Stiller, playing a Mafia don who knew Rodney when they were both kids in the old neighborhood. As Rodney tells Jerry regarding his father, "In our neighborhood, he was the first one to start acupuncture - with an ice pick!"

A memorable scene is when Rodney takes his five wives to Las Vegas. At first, they appear poolside wearing one piece bathing suits that were in style a hundred years ago. Rodney takes them clothes shopping. They return poolside wearing very skimpy bikinis, followed by Rodney wearing a speedo. The DVD includes deleted scenes, cast and crew information, and actors' interviews. The actresses who play his five wives are interviewed while they're wearing their bikinis. I really respect that!
on April 19, 2016
A script centered around Rodney Dangerfield's famous one line shtick. Everything had a one liner attached to it. That gets old after a while. Plus every joke had sexual undertones which is nothing more than a cheap laugh. I guess if I had to sum it up, it would be a movie of cheap laughs. I found it hard to sit through after about 30 mins. In fact I didn't finish it. Couldn't take it anymore.
on May 26, 2001
To Buy or Not to buy, will it be an asset to your DVD collection, or will you watch it once and forget it?
Yes people its safe to say that since your here, you like Dangerfield's type of comedy. This film delivers fresh routines of Dangerfields trademark style, and although not a "big" budget film the likes of Ladybugs, Back To School and Easy Money...etc., it will still make you laugh.
If your a fan of Dangerfield, this is a good purchase and you will enjoy it a couple times.
Andrew Dice plays a Mafia underboss in the film, although his perfomance and jokes are nothing outstanding, its still a little funny looking at him. The writers could have done much more with his character, it is obvious his character wasnt written for him specifically or the director wanted to keep his performance second to Dangerfields.
Very little cameo perfomances by other up and comming comics, so dont expect much.
The film looks like a "Made for TV" movie and also looks like it was shot using video... possible to lower production costs.
Overall if you like Dangerfield, youll like this movie.
on March 14, 2014
Rodney's one-liners hearken back to his Miller Lite commercials of the early eighties, but all-in-all a good idea for a screen-play that got lost somewhere between filming and post-production.

Best if used to fill time when there's little else to see/do.
on May 1, 2016
This move could be used as a form of torture rather than waterboarding or sleep depravity. I only lasted 20 minutes (waiting for anything redeeming), but they were the worst 20 minutes of my life, except for when I was deathly ill from food poisoning. If I had finished the movie, maybe food poisoning would have been the better option. Rodney Dangerfield (who I thought had long retired before 2000) wrote this movie, and it feels as dated as a one-hit wonder band from the 80's playing today. The sexist jokes and the painfully obvious setups would be right at home in 1984, but come across completely out of touch and passé in 2000 (even more so in 2016). Sadly, Rodney looks as old as his jokes and very unhealthy. I read a review that there is a scene in which he strips down to a thong, that mercifully, we did not get to. This is a sad bookend to a comedic genius' career.
on June 28, 2015
This movie is hilarious! Watched this movie with my girl one night and we laughed so much! We love Rodney, but had somehow never seen this before. One of Rodney's final films, it is chalk full of sidesplitting one liners and has a funny plot that you will surely enjoy! If you are a Rodney Dangerfield fan and want to watch something funny, then this is a must!
on February 24, 2008
Rodney slows down in this apparently direct-to-video movie, but it's an amusing take on the always-popular guy-who-inherits-bunch-of-babes plotline. Here, Rodney is a would-be ski lodge builder who finds that to buy some Utah mountain property for his lodge, he has to adopt the local splinter Mormon beliefs. That somehow includes taking three wives, and they become five. He gets some tired gags out of how he has to bed these five beauties, then he takes them to Las Vegas, they quickly become liberated at a seminar, and help save Rodney from a couple smalltown hustlers including a banker played by John Byner, fronting for a mob guy played by Andrew Dice Clay, who wants the property for his uncle, played by Jerry Stiller. Lots of Dangerfield gags, many of them heard many times before, a chase scene in which Rodney's double bests the bad guys, and all turns out well in the end. Lightweight Dangerfield, but, heck, I like the guy and it's among the better of his lesser efforts.
on June 27, 2015
Rodney is still funny, but his writers are putting together dialogue that borders on corn pone. The slapstick and stunt doubles, plus ingeniious camera work make this funny like in the olde days with Francis the Talking Mule, and Ma and Pa Kettle! No, it's a little riscaye with some ribaldry and insinuations that get the POINT across, but he's still good on delivery and timing! I have always liked his humor and style since his first comedy records. It's just that he's showing his age and yet, yah gotta give him credit for banging away (pun intended) at his craft!
on April 27, 2016
I am being generous in giving this movie two stars. It is just Rodney Dangerfield repeating a bunch of his tired, old jokes and being his regular caricature of himself. The five women who play his wives do a good job but, overall, I felt like I had really wasted my time when I finally got to the end of this movie.
on April 19, 2016
Your typical Rodney Dangerfield movie. A lot of sexual jokes because of the plot. Won't watch it again as I would "Back to School" or "Easy Money" but still love him & wish he was still around. One of the funniest comics ever. As a side note, I am sooooo disappointed in Amazon Prime movie/TV selections. Won't renew subscription.