Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My Future Boyfriend
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on December 25, 2012
I rented My Future Boyfriend because it seemed like it might be a pleasant movie to watch. It is a nice fun story-not a great movie but an enjoyable watchable movie. The premise was different and the plot unusual but it all added up to be a nice way to spend an evening watching this movie. I purchased it because I have not seen it on TV and knew I would like to watch it again.
VINE VOICEon March 18, 2012
So says Fred Willards's character, and indeed, one needs to let their brain go in this very lighthearted, short ABC Family Movie released by Gaiam. Willard saves the day with his goofy presence in this slow starting, sit-com-like romantic comedy.

It begins with an excavation during the 32nd Century of an ancient site. The hero finds a paperback, romance novel which mentions love, passion, lust, and sex- unknown, forbidden terms in his sanitary world. With the help of his colleague(Willard), he travels back to our time to find the author and discover the meaning of love. Catch is: he has only 48 hours to do it.

The author works as a journalist, and is, of course, soon to be engaged to a man that's not right for her. She's given the assignment to interview and write a human interest story about this guy who claims to be from the future. Yes, we know where this is headed. There's fun and romance as the time traveler is a fish out of water and an innocent to our ways and the ways of love.

There's some cute and hilarious scenes that redeem this flick. There's definitely not much meat on it, but that's OK. Family friendly, but the kids will be bored. It says PG-13 on this page, but I don't know why? There's a drinking scene, and they say the word sex, but that's it.

Mildly amusing, Willard cracks me up. 3 1/2 stars.
on July 19, 2013
The teen girl says, "It was a melt your heart, 'goofy cute' movie." It was remarkably clean! They kissed and they talked about sex, but there were no scenes. The teen who watched it with me hates "Hallmark" style movies (I love them), but she really enjoyed this one. :)
This made for "abc" family movie is better than most Hallmark productions. It is actually form Crawfish Productions, LLC which should give you a clue to its content.

An anthropologist Pax (Barry Watson) discovers money and a book on forbidden love in and old ship. He is intrigued to find out about this forbidden subject. So with the help of his mentor and friend Bob (Fred Willard) he goes back in time to inquire the meaning of love and other mysteries form the book's author Elizabeth Barrett (Sara Rue.)

Will he find the answers?
Will Elizabeth find a few answers of her own?
Will we find a few answers in the process?
I like TIME TRAVEL MOVIES... and LOVE them when they're attractively-priced like this.
This is a made-for-TV movie set in New Orleans.
A curious archaeologist----1,000-years in the future----uses a time machine to go back in time
to learn about something called "love".
The movie isn't overtly bound to quantum-science worries, so, don't expect any rocket science.
There are interesting future-references. The main characters are enjoyable in their roles. It's a
low-budget movie that requires checking your brain WITH your coat before entering your home
cinema... but is better than MOST, attempts at fiction... with accurate science. The "surprise"
ending doesn't just drop in your lap, but that's all right; I liked it!.
on December 18, 2013
I like this movie and all others like this one. Romantic, heart warming and makes you to forget about problems in your life, even if it is only for short time. I recommend it for women who like romance and family type of books and movies, not violence or wars.
on May 3, 2015
This is a made-for-TV movie that is set in New Orleans. The idea is that an excavation team 1000 years in the future discovers a romance novel from the past. In the idealized future, concepts like love and lust have been eradicated as viruses. A curious archaeologist decides to use a time machine to go into the past to meet the author and learn about love. The movie isn't too heavy on science so even though the scientific part of the plot is a bit tacky, it doesn't get overbearing. There are just enough interesting future-references and moments of chemistry between the main characters that the movie is watchable. It's definitely a low-budget movie that requires a lot of suspension of disbelief to get through, but it's fairly enjoyable for this kind of thing. You can kind of see the "surprise" ending coming from a mile away, but that's OK.
on March 18, 2014
A sweet fantasty. I've been in love with Time Travel since I was a child ... always immagining so many possiblities to take the characters on a fun-filled exciting travel through time. It's now an addition to my DVD collection. I'd recommend it.
on March 6, 2014
I loved this movie. I have really laughed and cried with it. It makes you think about what the future could be like. I would highly recommend it! I am a big fan of Barry Watson. If he is in it I will watch it!
on November 3, 2013
This movie may have been good if the male role was done differently. It seemed more like a "puppy dog" role, not an actual man's role. The female star was great. She had lots of spunk, which is perfect for a reporter.