4.0 out of 5 stars Your Brain Has Conceded Victory To Your Heart
So says Fred Willards's character, and indeed, one needs to let their brain go in this very lighthearted, short ABC Family Movie released by Gaiam. Willard saves the day with his goofy presence in this slow starting, sit-com-like romantic comedy.

Published on March 18, 2012 by mk

2.0 out of 5 stars Four stars for the female role, one star for the male role.
This movie may have been good if the male role was done differently. It seemed more like a "puppy dog" role, not an actual man's role. The female star was great. She had lots of spunk, which is perfect for a reporter.
Published 8 months ago by Diana Long

4.0 out of 5 stars Your Brain Has Conceded Victory To Your Heart, March 18, 2012
mk (parker, CO United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)

It begins with an excavation during the 32nd Century of an ancient site. The hero finds a paperback, romance novel which mentions love, passion, lust, and sex- unknown, forbidden terms in his sanitary world. With the help of his colleague(Willard), he travels back to our time to find the author and discover the meaning of love. Catch is: he has only 48 hours to do it.

The author works as a journalist, and is, of course, soon to be engaged to a man that's not right for her. She's given the assignment to interview and write a human interest story about this guy who claims to be from the future. Yes, we know where this is headed. There's fun and romance as the time traveler is a fish out of water and an innocent to our ways and the ways of love.

There's some cute and hilarious scenes that redeem this flick. There's definitely not much meat on it, but that's OK. Family friendly, but the kids will be bored. It says PG-13 on this page, but I don't know why? There's a drinking scene, and they say the word sex, but that's it.

Mildly amusing, Willard cracks me up. 3 1/2 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie to watch, December 25, 2012
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
I rented My Future Boyfriend because it seemed like it might be a pleasant movie to watch. It is a nice fun story-not a great movie but an enjoyable watchable movie. The premise was different and the plot unusual but it all added up to be a nice way to spend an evening watching this movie. I purchased it because I have not seen it on TV and knew I would like to watch it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Four stars for the female role, one star for the male role., November 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, April 15, 2013
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
Just when you thought that love was over, and you thought that you could not possibly find the perfect one, voila'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Time enough for love, January 2, 2013
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
This made for "abc" family movie is better than most Hallmark productions. It is actually form Crawfish Productions, LLC which should give you a clue to its content.

An anthropologist Pax (Barry Watson) discovers money and a book on forbidden love in and old ship. He is intrigued to find out about this forbidden subject. So with the help of his mentor and friend Bob (Fred Willard) he goes back in time to inquire the meaning of love and other mysteries form the book's author Elizabeth Barrett (Sara Rue.)

Will he find the answers?
Will Elizabeth find a few answers of her own?
Will we find a few answers in the process?

2.0 out of 5 stars ugh!, May 7, 2014
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
I really did not enjoy this movie. I found it too silly to sit through. I had looked forward to it and was disappointed by the silliness of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like all movies like this one, December 18, 2013
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
I like this movie and all others like this one. Romantic, heart warming and makes you to forget about problems in your life, even if it is only for short time. I recommend it for women who like romance and family type of books and movies, not violence or wars.

4.0 out of 5 stars I watched this with a teen girl., July 19, 2013
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
The teen girl says, "It was a melt your heart, 'goofy cute' movie." It was remarkably clean! They kissed and they talked about sex, but there were no scenes. The teen who watched it with me hates "Hallmark" style movies (I love them), but she really enjoyed this one. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
If you can accept fantasy movies then this is a cute movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to earth movie., April 9, 2014
This review is from: My Future Boyfriend (DVD)
Just a plain and simple story of love. A very relaxing movie and a fun movie. Good for the whole family.

My Future Boyfriend
My Future Boyfriend by Michael Lange (DVD - 2012)
$6.95 $4.24