Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2011
So that photo of the cover that you see, that's what every page in the book looks like. Each page is either a page full of stickers or a page of silhouettes that match the stickers, organized by categories such as Fruits, Toys, Letters, Numbers, Around the House (objects), Vehicles, etc. Each sticker has a number, for which you must search for its corresponding silhouette to place the sticker in a relevant section. The sticker pages, as opposed to the silhouette pages, are slightly scrambled so its not completely mindless, transferring the stickers from the sticker pages to the silhouettes.

As advertised, there are over 500 stickers, so this book will go the distance with your youngster. Now the whole searching for a sticker's silhouette may sound kind of boring, and in fact it is quite boring if you are past a certain age. For instance, my eight year old son, who displays an occasional interest in sticker books, can't stand it, its far too methodical, there is no freedom to creatively place the stickers wherever you want in some kind of scenery. However, my 2 year old daughter loves it and really enjoys and feels pround about her ability to search a page of 20 silhouettes and match the sticker, and can do it endlessly. However, she can't do it alone, and left to her own devices, will fail to complete the book as it is intended to be, and just pull off a bunch of stickers and put them on the dog or the wall or eat them. However, with help from an adult or an older interested sibling, she becomes totally absorbed in the procedure and is quite proud of her ability to find the right spots. Every day, its, "Daddy, where's my sticker book?" "Daddy, can I have my sticker book?" "Daddy, will you help me with my sticker book?"

Furthermore, it has an fantastic educational value, as far as developing whatever it is in the brain the helps her match the varied comlex silhouettes with the stickers; and whatever it is in the brain that is associated with the process of gently peeling off stickers and matching them in the correct orientation to match the silhouettes (and there are many silhouettes that are somewhat like puzzles (usually one or more per page), where several stickers are required to complete the picture.) There are also dedicated number, letter, time of day, color, and shape sections.

In short a fantastic value, a fun, rewarding, long lasting and educational experience great for toddlers to preschoolers but less interesting to the older kids who may like other kinds of sticker books. Wow, am I sick of the word 'sticker' now after writing this review.
on June 15, 2006
This sticker book is outstanding. It is my 2-year-old's favorite book. While I have to help her turn pages at this age, I am amazed at her ability to figure out where the stickers go and place them. Her hand-eye coordination has improved along with her vocabulary. I believe children of all ages would enjoy this book. Very young children do need assistance, but it is a fun way of teaching them.
on October 29, 2012
This sticker book is incredible. My almost 2-year old daughter played with this book for 5 hours straight when flying from Europe to the US. I could not believe how focused she was on picking the stickers and making sure they went in the right spot. The sticker pages are in the center of the book and they are all numbered. She would pick a sticker, I would find the right page where the sticker should be placed, then she would scan the page until she found where it belonged. She now goes through the book and tries to name everything. It's the book that keeps on giving. I bought several more of them to give to friends who have children around the same age. A purchase worth every penny.
on April 27, 2010
My 3 year old daughters absolutely LOVE this book. They aren't old enough to "read" the numbers that correspond with the pictures, so they just randomly pull them off the pages and stick them wherever. They come off easily, more than once! Then, when I get time to sit with them, we put them in the right places. It's perfect. The pictures are darling. I got this one again this morning- I believe it's now the 6th one we've had, and it's always as exciting to start over! If you have kids, get it!!!!
on March 10, 2007
My two year old loves this sticker book so much. I have bought almost every book like it. Its great!
on January 20, 2006
Hundreds and hundreds of clear photographic stickers that just cry out to be turned into beginning reader stories. There are activity pages front and back you could use, but I think the best way to devour this fantastic book is to have kids write sentences and stories using the stickers like rebus pictures. A sure-fire creative activity starter. Recommended for ages four to eight.
on May 24, 2014
I got this sticker book for our family vacation, thinking it would perhaps occupy my almost 2-year old daughter in the car. We will need to get another one of these books, though, as she has already completed most of the book weeks before the actual vacation. The moment she saw this book, she hardly wanted to play with anything else any more. And as other reviewers have noted, this is fantastic for practicing fine motor skills, object recognition and vocabulary skills. In the beginning, my daughter would almost never be able to see where the sticker was supposed to go and then, when I told her, still have a hard time getting it into the right position on the page. Within two weeks, she has become really good at aligning stickers and putting them in the right spot almost perfectly. It is incredibly impressive. I also like that some of the stickers are complete objects while others are part of a puzzle. For example, there will be a dog or a pizza or something else made out of 4 pieces that all have to be found and arranged correctly. I feel that she has gotten a lot better at puzzles in general since we have been working on this book. The vocabulary one can learn with this book is quite extensive. Probably too extensive for a 2-year old. But then I am happy if she identifies the different kinds of tropical birds simply as birds. However, I have to admit that as I am not a native English-speaker, I really enjoy learning all this special vocabulary like the different vehicles on a construction site or cooking devices. So I am actually getting a lot out of this book, too :)
The only thing maybe negative about this book is that all the stickers are in the middle while the pages to stick them on to are in the front and the back. The stickers are numbered as are the spots where they need to go. If you have a toddler who does not want to complete one page/one theme in the book but will just randomly choose stickers she wants to glue into the book, it can be a bit trying to find the page where they actually have to go. By now, though, I have pretty much figured out which numbers will be in the front of the book and which in the back so I am much faster at finding the pages.
All in all, I would totally recommend this book and will buy this as a present for a number of toddlers.
on September 20, 2014
Its okay, but it would have been SO much better if the stickers that went with the blank pages were right next to each other. My 3 year old loves to do this, but they have a batch of like 10 pages of stickers, then 13 pages of blank pages for the stickers, but they don't correspond 1-to-1 and they aren't even in the same order sometimes. Then they have another batch of stickers, and another batch of pages to put the stickers on. If they would have done a layout with one page of stickers directly next to one page where the stickers go, then it would have been perfect. Besides being able for a toddler to do the book on their own, if the layout was changed the way I suggest then you could tear out a page of stickers, tear out a page that the stickers go on, and do them in small batches, like if you are taking a short trip in the car. But you can't do this. For a very young kid just learning words and numbers someone else who can read must sit with them while they do it. For the price though it has been a nice activity to do with my daughter. Its just that with a small change in the layout it would have been much better and gotten 5 stars.
I bought this for my 5yo son, and it is quite an in-depth book. The words have been familiar enough for him to read on his own, and the pictures are bright and compelling. Every section is broken up by type of object (ie: clothes, farm animal, food, etc), and they are further distinguished by color and by little numbers for each photo. This has helped my son choose the right sticker to match each "puzzle"-like space, but I've already noticed some errors - mostly with more than one of a given number in an object type. I also think having the sticker pages perforated would be a huge help, so the kids matching stickers with words/puzzles don't have to continually flip back and forth between the thick pages. As it is, we've just ripped out the stickers page by page, but it's a messy process.
on May 19, 2011
I wasn't sure if my just turned 2-year old would destroy this or let us do it with her the right way, but either way she loves it. She lets us sit with her and help her find the right spots for each sticker, and sometimes she just wants to do it herself. The great part is that we can move the stickers around later if she wants us to. Highly recommend!