4.0 out of 5 stars ANY GRANDMOTHER WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO RECEIVE THIS, November 8, 2009
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
There's 's a very special connection between grandparents and their grandchildren, and that bond is warmly celebrated in MY GRANDMOTHER SHOWED ME THE STARS illustrated by Becky Kelly.

Remembering her youth in West Virginia Kelly has created a plethora of beautifully decorated products in addition to gift books. You'll find her artwork on greeting cards, calendars, journals, baby clothes, and more. Kelly's paintings are soft pastels reminiscent of peaceful, happy times, often with nature as a focus.

Each painting in this small volume is accompanied by a brief text by Patrick Regan reminding us of the many things we've learned from our grandmothers, such as "My grandmother showed me that wisdom comes with age," and "She had the best clothes for playing dress-up." My favorite is "And she taught me that each generation casts lingering light on those who follow."

Any grandmother would be pleased to receive this gift as a reminder of a grandchild's love and appreciation.

- Gail Cooke

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for Grandmas, July 11, 2013
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
This book was well liked by new Grandmothers. One friend even bought another copy. Becky Kelly's illustrations are always lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Gift for a New Grandmother, June 12, 2013
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
Lovely watercolor pictures illustrate the special relationship a little girl can have with her Gran. Book reminds us that the real purpose of life is to SEE and some of us are lucky enough to have a grandmother to show us how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gift Ever for any New Grandmother, May 23, 2013
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
Beautifully illustrated, simply written. This is a wonderful book for any grandmother to share with her grandchildren and can become a cherished keepsake for generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave for your Grandchildren to keep forever, May 22, 2013
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful book and I have purchased one for each of my grandchildren after reading it the first time. It is a KEEPER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book., December 30, 2012
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
Thanks for the easy transaction. This book brought tears of joy to my grandmother's eyes. It is such a good description of her love. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice keepsake book!!, December 27, 2011
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
I have these for my 4 yr old and 7 yr old daughters. They are nice to read to them and will be nice keepsakes for when they are older!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story, pretty pictures, October 18, 2011
dsell13 (Waukesha, WI) - See all my reviews
Very sweet story with great illustrations and bit of glitter/glitz to really make it fancy. It's a great gift for a new grandmother or grandmother-to-be.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL, February 8, 2010
Max VanPeople (VT, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
This book is SO beautiful...both words and paintings. It is tiny and precious. We gave it to my mother as she takes care of our son a couple days a week. I'm sure my mother will save it for years! What a gem...very glad I found this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book!, July 26, 2009
This review is from: My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars (Hardcover)
As a Nana with two granddaughters-I had to have this book for their library. I highly recommend all of the books in this series, as I have purchased them all, each has its own special message.

My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars
My Grandmother Showed Me the Stars by Patrick Regan (Hardcover - February 1, 2007)
$9.99 $8.48
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.