Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 30, 2008
Got this new single serve coffee machine as a birthday gift. In my family everyone wants their coffee at different time and when they do, they want different types. This machine has solved all our coffee related problems and I have to say the overall quality of the machine is great. It makes a little noice when operated (there is a compressor inside) but it is not too bad. The Cafe Invento coffee pods I got with it are also of high quality. I get a strong, yet smooth cup every time and it even has a thick froth on top - without any milk ! I like the Hazelnut flavored pods, but my husband enjoyes the stronger ones, like the French Roast Fanatic and Juan's Columbian. There are many more to choose from, but I would strongly recommend to stick to the same brand coffee pods. They have twice as much coffee as the Senseo pods, which I tried once. Not good. When using the original Cafe Invento pods, I have always got a perfect cup. My next wish is to get another one for my office. I cannot stand the vending machine stuff at work anymore!
on October 8, 2010
Some reviewers say this machine makes bad coffee. It is not entirely true; you just need to find the right pods for it. I tried the Senseo pods first, and that was not a pleasant experience at all. What you should do is invest in the Timothy line of pods, which are offered at a lower cost anyway. The Timothy pods offer more coffe per pod and richer blends. Once I switched to the Timothy pods, I was quite happy with the aroma and taste. My personal favorite from Timothy is the "Parisian Nights" blend, which is a dark roast. Another pleasant surprise was the decaf Columbian blend for the late night coffee needs, and for those of my guests that do not want too much caffeine ;)

I should mention that the water reservoir could have been bigger; you will find yourself refilling it quite often if you drink more than 4 cups a day.

Now to the not so good part of this review:
I bought this machine in february 2010, and it has been frequently used with delight up until now, october 2010. One morning it just didn't heat up the water anymore, and none of the solutions in the manual worked. I then learned that the Canadian manufacturer is not responding to enquiries, and that the company may have exchanged ownership. So it seems I am stuck with a broken brewer, only 6 months old..

I know they are still on the marked, so be warned: the warranty service is not there.
So if you are one of the lucky people and take the chance of your machine not breaking, you will get a fancy looking, well working coffee brewer for a decent coin by choosing this one.
on November 21, 2009
I just got this for my birthday and love it. It's the sleekest looking coffee maker out there and takes up little counter space. I've always used a Mister Coffee or Braun coffee maker and I can't believe how long I've been missing out on an excellent cup of coffee. I normally use flavored coffees for interest but no longer! Just a simple french roast is heaven with this machine. It's easy to set up and use. It is loud for about 20 seconds as the pump comes on to fill the coffee cup but it's worth it. Pour your creamer in the bottom of the cup and it comes out frothy on top. Too bad that it looks like Amazon has discontinued the product. At least it looks like they're stocking the Cafe Invento coffee pods.
on May 7, 2014
This is my second My Invento, my first one is still working just fine, but I wanted another one when this one goes to coffee heaven.....and I just love how easy it is to use and the coffee and expresso comes out very hot with the creama on top!!Keurig cant do that!!
on April 7, 2010
I LOVE this coffee maker! I bought it from [...] in Canada for $99 and it's worth every penny. I have been using the My Invento pods which brew a really nice, strong dark cup of coffee with a rich, frothy crema. It allows you to select a very "short" cup which is nearly Espresso or a very "long" cup of about 7 oz. It's a sliding-switch option so you get to choose everything in between, too. Warm-up is very fast. The coffee maker itself is gorgeous; very sleek and modern. I bought the Pearl finish which looks fantastic with all the stainless steel appliances in my new kitchen. Clean up could not be more simple or easy. All in all this is a 5-star plus unit.
on February 13, 2013
I purchased this unit for $159.00 + and had it 2-3 months when the heating element stopped heating the water. I followed all instructions on using and cleaning the unit but it still failed to heat. I contacted the seller to see about getting manufacturer information so I could find out what to do but to no avail. She did not respond to my emails. I finally just put the unit in a closet - wasted my money for sure. I replaced the unit with a Keurig, which I love and at least I know who the manufacturer is and how to get parts and repair for the unit. Do not fool with foreign manufacturers - total waste.
on January 20, 2009
I debated on 3 stars for this due to the price and the cheap feel to it. It makes a decent cup of coffee and fits many different pods, holds a nice amount of water and has a strength selector. It is very easy to clean and looks great. I would pay under a hundred for this machine. Durability will be the thing here. The pods the make for this unit are nice but way to expensive. I am using Senseo right now and they work fine.

This machine is durable but pod coffee seems on the way out to bad this rocks
66 comments5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2010
OK, expensive machine (I'm selfish and want the best that works for me). I'm not a coffeeholic but when I want a good fresh cup of coffee, this awesome looking coffee maker serves it up right. I've followed different tips from other reviews and the manual as well as having come up with some of my own. Use 2 pods (Senseo works great). If you use milk or cream, pour into as large a cup as possible (obviously so it fits under the delivery spouts), zap for 30 seconds in the microwave, place under spouts evenly and press 2 cup brew after initial heating. (When brewed, I place it in a covered, insulated mug and I've got about 1 1/2 cups (real cups) of hot coffee that stays hot for at least 20 minutes (no burned tongue and remember to used the taste selector at the halfway mark for the true 1 1/2 cups of coffee)Sounds like a lot of work? I'm in and out of the kitchen in about 3 minutes. I'll save the 12 cup drip and the 4 cup percolator for company. Almost bought a Keurig, glad I didn't!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2010
I was very disappointed in this product's performance. It did not make hot coffee and the taste of the coffee was unsatisfactory. I also have had a difficult time in the return process, after one month, I am still awaiting a credit to my account.
It is highly unlikely I will ever purchase a product from Amazon or Gamzi again.
11 comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse