Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 2, 2010
Jason Aldean's "My Kind Of Party", is his best to date! He could of probably taken 3 or 4 songs off the disc, and made it a sure fire 5 star release, but he has got some great tracks none the less. I recommend, "Tattoos On This Town", "Dirt Road Anthem", the hit "My Kind Of Party", "Fly Over States", "It Ain't Easy", "Texas Was You", "Ain't Ready To Quit", a hit in the making "Days Like These" and the Kelly Clarkson duet sure to go top 5 "Don't You Wanna Stay". Great guitar on this album.
VINE VOICEon November 2, 2010
Jason Aldean is an artist that quite obviously puts a lot of energy into his performances and his music in general. He is a great cross of country and rocker, perhaps a cowboy rocker, with a brand and style of music that gets you energized while also perhaps smacking you in the gut a bit.

Dirt Road Anthem starts the disc out with a rapping sound owed to the fact it's a cover of a Colt Ford track (see Country Is As Country Does (W/Dvd), for example). Aldean's version of the tune is quite enjoyable and serves to mix things up a bit from the more traditional Jason Aldean songs that filled his last album, or at least filled the radio airwaves compliments of that last album (Wide Open).

Church Pew or Bar Stool gets back to the more expected Jason Aldean ballad. Some might complain that it is a sound that is too familiar and doesn't venture far enough from what has preceeded it (in past tunes, not just in the song that preceeds it on the album). To me there's really nothing wrong with that sound, and knowing that is what fans wanted and expected, delivering on it is just what Aldean should have done (and did).

My Kinda Party is, by now, the well known first single from this new album. It speaks for itself with the high energy that makes Aldean the fun show to catch live and in person, as well as being a song that pumps you up when you hear it on the radio as you drive to or from work, school or wherever. Certainly the kind of song that shows the reason that Aldean carries a bit of the southern rocker badge around. For those that have only heard the song on the radio, the album version of the song seems to be a bit longer and expounds a bit on the band's rocking jam session.

Just Passing Through goes back to the familiar ballad-y sound. It's a bit of love song with the cowboy bent. It's your world, I'm just in it... Lucky me, just being there to hold you.

Fly Over States is a great patriotic tune that pokes at the people that look down their noses at the states out in the middle of nowhere, where our food is grown, where working men (and women) toil at their lives and jobs with little attention or demands from the people in the business suits, in the first class seats, etc.

Don't You Wanna Stay is a duet with Kelly Clarkson that simply works. The blending of her voice with his is spot on and each hit all the right notes with their portions of the song. Unless the video for this song is horribly botched, I could see this one spending many weeks in the video top 20 chart, as well as a lot of time in the radio charts if released (inevitably I believe it will be) as a single.

See You When I See You... strum, strum, strum... hmm, perhaps a bit familiar sounding, or should I say similarly sounding as some of the songs I know from Wide Open and Jason Aldean, but again that is not necessarily bad.

It Ain't Easy [... lovin' me] is another cowboy love song, told from the side of the cowboy that knows he is not without his flaws.

Texas Was You moves back into a sound more in keeping with the Eagles of Desperado perhaps crossed with a bit of Hotel California. Some of the guitar work in this track reminds me quite a bit of the readily identifiable work of Joe Walsh that shines through in tracks on Hotel California.

Country Boy's World goes back to the love song/country ballad theme. Let me show you around a country boy's world... There are plenty of female fans that would likely be happy to have Aldean do just that ;)

I Ain't Ready to Quit might simply be a signal to listeners that Aldean isn't done with this album at this point. Nope, still more to go and more to enjoy, including Heartache That Don't Stop Hurting and Days Like These, capped off with If She Could See Me Now.

Really, I don't really see, or should I say hear, a clunker in the whole album. Some of these songs may find lesser favor than other Aldean tracks, but really I'd be happy to do as I've already done and simply throw all of these great tunes into in my playlist along with those of his previous albums. Definitely a good purchase for me (though this is one that I pre-ordered from another site, famous for Tunes that play on certain types of I-ndividual devices). I would love to have waited for the physical media here, but impatience got the better of me and I clicked the pre-order button just to be sure I'd have these tracks in hand as soon as possible on release day.

As usual, if you aren't sure you'll like this one, please use the preview options to check out the songs and decide for yourself.
on November 5, 2010
I enjoy listening to different styles of music, don't really care for
most music these days, grew up listening to rock, pop, singer-songwriters and blues artists and the occasional country voice from Vince Gill to Patsy Cline but there's something about this guys music
I keep coming back to (from time to time.) Somewhere in there he has
a great voice and vocal delivery and sometimes he sounds like all the rest but finding
those gems its well worth checking his music out. Kelly Clarkson's duet
with Jason just keeps him climbing in my books.
on November 8, 2010
I too have all his other albums.... been to the shows... etc etc. The first time I played through the whole album I think I was expecting more upbeat "party" songs and was a little disappointed. I kept listening, and now I LOVE it! Party songs are great, but it's also nice to see that he can sing about other things too! The duet with Kelly is great!! I wasn't a big fan of Jason "rapping", but now I love Dirt Road Anthem. It's definitely an album that I can play over and over again without getting sick of. My votes go to Tattoos on this Town, Dirt Road Anthem, My Kinda Party, Fly Over States, Don't You Wanna Stay, and Texas was You. Yes, I like them all, but those are my top 6 :)
on November 5, 2010
Jason Aldean is by far one of the greatest Country Artist of all time. His songs are very powerful and many can relate to them. His lyrics and arangments are extremely well thought out and keep listeners interested!! Every song on this album is different and I personally can't get enought of it!!! Everyone looks for that album where every song on it is awesome...this is that album. I have found that every time I listen to it there is a new favorite song that I have to keep repeting. Right now it't Track 3!! Seriously got to check this out!!

I guarantee that you will for sure enjoy this album and every other album by Jason Aldean!! Amazon picing is by far the best you will find anywhere!!

Thank you to Jason Aldean for being such an outstanding Artist and sharing your talant with the world. Thank you for making my day that much better and helping me to see whats truly important in life!! Giving listeners hopes and Dreams!!
on February 18, 2011
Well, I mistakingly bought two of these albums and was able to gift one to a friend. Jason Aldean has wonderful "party" songs and always one or two ballad types that are wonderful.
He is also very nice in person and does well with love shows!
on August 24, 2011
"My Kinda Party" by Jason Aldean is an enjoyable country cd. Many of the songs on his cd accurately reflect the potentials of what can sometimes happen in life. He has a good singing voice that goes well with the musical instruments used in all of his songs on this cd. He also does a good job with the musical collaborations part. His duet with Kelly Clarkson on "Don't You Wanna Stay" is very moving and compelling. "Don't You Wanna Stay" is about two people in love with each other, but one person is conflicted about the next steps to take in that situation. My overall favorite track on this cd is "My Kinda Party". "My Kinda Party" is a fun song about having fun and going with the flow to experience happiness in life. "My Kinda Party" by Jason Aldean is great to get for anyone that enjoys party/picnic type country music.
on November 2, 2010
Every cd is just like the previous one...FANTASTIC. You can't go wrong with Aldean, Church or any of these young guns in country (I don't mean Taylor Swift either). If you've ever lived in, driven through, or been anywhere near the south, this album should hit you in the heart. At first my favorite song was #1, then #2, then #3, and so on. The album just gets better as you listen. Plus it's 15 new songs. Thanks Jason for actually putting out a cd with more than two singles and then filler on it.
on April 14, 2012
I dont buy many Cds these days, not many artists strike the good nerve in my ear and heart to pay to hear them play over and over on a CD. But..... Aldeans band and his down cool attitude with some of the best lyrics for the working mans blue collar class. Things us country folk enjoy even me in Northern Pa. do in the woods around a fire drink cold one or on a quad kicking up so mud. His songs are part of our weekend lives, words about things we blue collar folk deal with daily fun times and hard times. His songs write about how we deal with life.

Now for his band this is Modern Southern rock at its best!!!!!, These guys kick ass and are exciting to listen to. Great guitar, nothing super fancy like thOse fly so fast 80s metal speed licks you can hardly understand... but total 1st class riffs that pull you in and are tasty exciting with well thought out solos. My kind of party is who the Jason Aldean band IS sounding live in the studio with a very cool edge. I hear live this is one great Rock Band to see!
Buy the CD this is one that you will listen to again and again 8 bucks is a deal on Amazon
on February 25, 2015
There were a lot of hit songs that came out of this album, and I enjoy it immensely. Jason's voice is very unique and clear. This is one that I will be playing a lo of. All of the songs are different, and none sound the same, which is important to me. Nothing to get tired of on this one.