5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is the book to have for Kindle Fire.
Published on February 23, 2012 by Caraleisa

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a Kindle Fire user's manual
Published on February 28, 2012 by G. Madrigal

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is the book to have for Kindle Fire., February 23, 2012
Caraleisa (West Chester, PA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had downloaded some free Kindle 'guide books' and paid for a couple of the cheap ones ($2 and under). You get what you pay for. They were next to worthless. One(thankfully free)claimed to give you the low down on how to get tons of free books. It was nothing but a step by step instruction on how to download. Others were simply the basics on how to turn it on and what it covered... about the same as the intro doc that comes with it. I'm very good on computers but this was my first tablet device, so I wanted some detailed info on more advanced features- which I just hadn't been able to find. So, I wasn't too hopeful when I ordered this one... but I am now thrilled with it! THIS is the book I wanted!

Written by someone who really understands the processes involved in using your Kindle Fire, it's clear, extremely easy to follow, and has lots of images, sidebars, etc, to enhance the information.

It begins with the standard information on how to use your Kindle, but even there, there are also shortcuts and other tips that go beyond the basics. It's divided into sections (see the list of contents for organization) and each section goes in depth on that aspect. Besides the basics, this book gives you advanced user tips, covers other apps the author found particularly useful/helpful/indispensible.

If all you want to do is read books, you don't need this book - there's plenty of free info out there. But if you want to experience the full range of features you have with the Kindle Fire, you can't go wrong with this book. Truly, I couldn't be happier with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for the Beginner, February 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Part of my job involves helping people find whatever books, resources, and information they need or want. This includes explaining to people how to evaluate and/or use eReaders, so I have considerable experience with people who have little or no knowledge of computers, browsers, and other programs including applications. These are people who do not know the difference between WiFi and 3G, do not know that the "menu" will change depending on which screen they are in, what exactly "downloading" an item does, what a router and hotspot are, etc. Since Christmas, I've had to walk many 50+ and a few younger eReader newbies through the basics of their devices. This manual is just what these beginners need. Even I learned a couple new tricks for my Fire, including the "hidden" keys in the virtual keyboard.

PROs:

~Well organized from start-up and basic use of the Fire to more advanced uses of applications.
~Explains terminology, such as "Home Screen," which can be confusing to beginners and especially those who don't own a computer. (Yes, there are still people in this country who do not own and don't know how to use a computer. Many of these people purchase the Fire to fill this gap while others just want to read books.)
~Excellent illustrations on every page with each step listed on the left having a matching number in the illustration.
~Red-box warnings headed "It's Not All Good" that explain exceptions and caveats.

CONs:

Only one: If you are not a beginner, you don't need this book as most of the information is something you already know or can easily discover without buying a book.

I will definitely be recommending this book to those who demonstrate a need for a basic understanding of how their devices work. One only has to read the Fire questions posted on the Kindle forum to know there are many owners out there who need this book or something like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book For Kindle Fire Users, February 5, 2012
This review is from: My Kindle Fire (Paperback)
I'm a sixth grader who received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. Then in January I received the book, My Kindle Fire, as a gift. It really has been a great help to me in understanding how to use my Kindle Fire completely. For example it has shown me how to store pictures, how to see how much space my apps are taking up, how to rent movies, how to take and save notes, how to put security on my Kindle Fire, and how to put contents on my favorites. I was really excited to learn all about the Roku system and what Cloud is. I think it's great that the book has actual screenshots to help you understand the process better. I would recommend this book to anyone purchasing a Kindle Fire, and it would be a great idea to purchase this book to go along with the Kindle Fire if you're giving one as a gift.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a Kindle Fire user's manual, February 28, 2012
This review is from: My Kindle Fire (Paperback)
The book is very well organized and gives specific details on how to maximize use of the Kindle Fire with all its functionality. This book is intended for those who have never used a tablet or those who are looking to buy a tablet and they want to know what the Kindle Fire has to offer before deciding on their purchase. The book also contains a great number of pictures and illustrations that explain in detail each step of any process or what components each screen has. Lastly the book can also be used as a reference to learn or explore unknown functions in the Kindle Fire. It will probably not teach very much things to advanced or experienced users of the Kindle Fire as the information is very basic and most of the instructions are intuitive to any user of android phones or other tablets.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kindle Fire, February 16, 2012
Donald R. Chance (Parachute, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kindle Fire (Paperback)
I received a Kindle Fire for my birthday, but I found the tutorial that came with it a bit cumbersome to use. Then I got a copy of Mr. Cheshire's "My Kindle Fire" and almost immediately the Fire became my "go to" Wi-Fi device. This book quickly showed me the usefulness of the Fire, so much so I rarely use my laptop anymore. I love the way the book is well indexed so that I can quickly look up any subject. The text is written in a non-technical manner, and the many illustrations make it very easy to understand the subject. The book is about the same size as the Fire, which makes it very easy to take along with the Fire on a trip. Mr Cheshire has made a big contribution to the Fire community.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference for the Kindle Fire owner who is also a newbie to tablets, February 23, 2012
JackieVT (Vermont United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Kindle Fire is the 1st tablet I've owned and though I was quickly able to use it, I knew there were features(for example "side loading") I was not exploiting. This manual is just what I needed. The instructions are easy to follow with very little techie lingo, the pictures are extremely helpful, and the occasional red "It's Not All Good" advice sections pointing out risks & limitations are appreciated.

Some might question going old-school with a hard copy manual for a Kindle, but I found it very useful, simple, and yes, pleasant to exercise the instructions on the Fire with the physical book next to me. But for those who prefer on-line, it is apparently also available for free (with purchase of the book) for 45 days, though I have not yet taken advantage of this.

The user level defined is Beginning - Intermediate and I agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Kindle Fire Guide/Manual, February 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, let me point out the size of this outstanding Kindle Fire reference book (6"x 9"x 1/2"). My Kindle Fire by Jim Cheshire, published by Que, does indeed cover everything about the Fire. This is a quality book, with slick pages, color coded chapters, outstanding visuals and step-by-step simple, easy to follow instructions highlighted with a light blue background. The book covers every conceivable detail about the Fire, including, but not limited to:
1. Coverage of "Calibre" - an app for managing your eBook library from a Mac or a Personal Computer - Free!
2. Step-by-step walk thorough show you how to manage playlists.
3. How to use the "Cloud" playlists
4. The book shows you how to access files and stuff from the Fire on your PCs or Macs
5. Detailed instructions and visuals on setting up all accounts, reading, sending emails - plus importing contacts (Applications or Cloud) and sending attachments.
6. Copying and pasting stuff.
7. For those into social networking stuff it explains how to use integration with Facebook et al.
There are so many things you can do with the Fire that are explained in the book (i.e. browsing with Silk, Amazon's Manage Your Kindle) I was not aware of until reading/ configuring/using the guide - a must have, highly recommended reference for Fire users at all levels

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kindle Fire Book, January 19, 2012
This review is from: My Kindle Fire (Paperback)
I think this will be the greatest help I could ever get to help me with my new Kindle Fire. I am not all that savvy about things like this, I love them, butt!!!! I like to have the paper and pictures be side me when I work on it and this seems to have it all. I have not gone too far yet but it looks like the real deal for an old man like me. Thanks Saddle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent companion to give WITH the Kindle Fire, January 9, 2012
This book tells you everything! I love that it offers so many graphics and steps to follow. It works well as a handy go-to guide for quick questions, as well.
Mr. Cheshire wrote a book for the Kindle, which we liked very much but this format is more thorough and easier for my parents to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Have To Go Some To Beat This Guide, January 19, 2012
This review is from: My Kindle Fire (Paperback)
Just got my copy. Its great !!! Color makes all the difference.Covers ALL those unanswered questions.Very very complete.
Nice job Jim Cheshire as allways,CUE books are the best.
Thanks QUE Ed Gushue Avon CT

My Kindle Fire
My Kindle Fire by Jim Cheshire (Paperback - January 16, 2012)
$19.99 $14.29