Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 15, 2013
OK, I purchased this on a whim. And I have never been comfortable with the idea of "silicone" mats nor bakeware.

When my dad, brother, and I were all at the family farm and hungry, though, this little thing really helped. I made assorted pot pies (fish, chicken, and super-veg with a bit of chicken) for us. I also made banana cream pies and chocolate cream pies (2 of each). Everything was devoured. I use my mother's pie crust recipes and also commercial, ready-made pie crusts that I cut out. I almost hate to say it, but EVERYTHING works!

I worked as baker who also made pasta, tarts, etc. I'm a bit picky about pastry. I must say that using pre-made crusts are a bit different than home-made, but my family had different opinions, so what can I say?

One thing that I want to mention is the use of the cutout vs. solid top: I finally tried both, but I was making a variety of potpies - mostly experimenting. I thought that the pies made with the cutout top (not surprisingly) were a bit dryer than than those with the solid pastry tops. But they were still very good.

I have tried dozens of variations, both sweet and savory. Your product really delivers.
on January 3, 2013
I was able to make nicely shaped meat pies that were a great individual entree size using this set. I put it on top of an oven-safe grill pan because the silicon is so flexible it's hard to see how it would stay put, and I wanted to use something that would take advantage of the little vent holes in the pan. Excellent product.
on November 29, 2014
I received this as a gift from a dear friend who knows that I like to bake, but my kids and I tend to eat the whole pie (or cake, or batch of cookies) at a sitting. Now I make mini pies and let the kids eat a whole pie each! LOL

I have made pumpkin pie and apple pie, using family recipes and home-made crust. Like many, I find the cutter for the bottom crust to be just a bit small, so I bought a 6" round cutter here on Amazon. The top crust cutter is just fine. I fill the pies with a 1/3 cup disher (ice cream scoop, 1.7 oz or 5 tbsp, also sometimes labeled #12) and have no problems with leakage.

I have also made savory pot pies with leftovers, chicken, turkey, beef, and pork. I like to freeze these before baking, then pull them out of the freezer on nights when I just can't face cooking a full meal. I find that pre-made pie dough, the ones that come rolled up two to a box, work better for my home-made frozen pies than my own dough. The same is true for pot pies that I bake right away and send as packed lunches for my middle-school kids. The crust is always a bit broken by the time they eat, but not as scrambled as my home-made crust.
on December 26, 2012
have used it alot since i got it. easy to use and easy to cleanup. pies come out with no effort at all
on April 27, 2014
I bought one of these just to give them a try; after all, the price is right. I used a standard pie filling recipe that called for a 9" deep-dish pan and crust made 11 small pies. Of course that meant three rounds of baking. I'm not knocking the product for this, it just means that I want two. Also, I think I did the crusts a little heavy. With a thinner crust and 2 sets of small pie pans I can probably use a complete deep-dish recipe.
on January 13, 2013
Very easy to use. got here on time. already used for several events. would recommend to others for baking fun
on December 20, 2012
If you buy a large muffin tin, you can do it with that. The cutters are helpful. If you get it, it will be fun especially with kids.
on February 24, 2013
Tiny pies, uniformly browned, popped right out with removable bottom vent. Always use a cookie sheet, Huzzah for silicone technology!
on August 28, 2013
a typical as seen on tv product. I have used it several times and it works alright, its just shaped rubber. could have dont the same in a mini muffin tin...but hey it works. I did not expect more
on November 17, 2014
The crust cutter seems a little small for the bottom crust if you want your top and bottom crusts to seal. The recipe book would be more helpful if it talked about using your own recipes and how to adjust them.
Works well though.