4.0 out of 5 stars Nice doll, breaks easily
I bought this doll for my daughter Christmas, but while my child was playing with her doll the right leg separated from the waist. This toy should come with a warning label reads legs separates from body play with care.
Published 11 months ago by Hugh

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily
Published 13 months ago by Personal Robot

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily, November 12, 2013
Personal Robot (Always here, sometimes there) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Little Pony Equestria Girls - Twilight Sparkle Doll (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Update (April 8, 2014): I was able to "fix" the broken leg by splitting open the upper leg area at the seam where it's glued. This seam wasn't very strong and may have already been split, leading to the leg falling off. From there, all I needed to do was line it up and apply a lot of pressure, and the socket in the leg slipped onto the ball on the hip. I then used model cement (Tenax, a very thin, extremely toxic glue, rather than the thick, gooey Testor's stuff) and clamped the leg halves firmly together for the better part of a day. By clamp I mean REALLY clamped - using a bar-type clamp that has enough strength to squeeze the plastic halves together and cause some of the softened plastic out of the seam. Since then, the doll's leg has been fine. Shouldn't have to to this.

Original review (Nov. 12, 2013): My younger daughter, 5, loved this the moment I gave it to her. Within a week, the right leg had broken off, apparently bent too far which resulted in the leg separating from a ball joint at the hip. It appears to be irreparable, unfortunately. My wife points out that Barbie dolls have easily replaced legs because Mattel knows this is likely to happen. I've been messing with this doll for weeks now trying to get the leg back on, and the only way I can see is to split it at the seam, pop it back on, and attempt to glue it. I haven't bothered yet because I doubt even the nasty, caustic model cement I have will heal the split seam. My daughter love it, so I give the "fun" aspect 4 stars, but the problems force me to rate it 1 star: avoid, not worth the money or heartache when your child can't play with it anymore.

Another odd thing with this doll is that the boots are the ends of the legs. They are removable and swappable with other dolls, but it can't be played with minus boots like most other dolls, with just knobs at the ends of the legs. Not much fun unless there's an amputee theme going during playtime. Perhaps the manufacturer wants to enlighten the youth of today about sensitive issues such as this. A teachable moment, as they say.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, October 21, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this product for my niece, she absolutely loves the equestria girls so I bought her two of these dolls. She loved them and of course still does but just a few days after I bought it the leg fell off and will not go back on. These are great I just wish they did not come apart/ fall apart so easily. So needless to say I am disappointed even though she loves it!

2.0 out of 5 stars MLP EQUESTRIA DOLLS VERY DISAPOINTED, October 25, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars
I was so excited to give my 5 year daughters equestria girls dolls for their birthday. But one day after getting it twilight sparkles leg came off and we can't put it back on. I thought it was a fluke until today when I brought my girls to toys r us to spend their birthday $$. Both girls wanted another equestria girl. Not even ten minutes after opening princess celestia her leg came off. I am so disapointed with this toy and my girls r crushed that the toys keep breaking. I am returning both tomorrow.

1.0 out of 5 stars One legged wonder, December 9, 2013
My daughter received this as a gift for her birthday. She didn't even have it a day when she went to re-position the doll's leg and it popped off. I thought it would be an easy fix, like popping a Barbie doll's leg back on, but after a week trying (with and without the use of pliers), we are still trying to pop the thing back on. The peg for the hip joint on body of the doll is made of plastic that is softer that of the plastic of the leg, so when pressure is added, the peg bends but never pops back into the socket. Like another reviewer said, short of splitting the leg in half along the seam, resetting the hip joint, and re-gluing the leg, I really don't know how to fix it. It is such a disappointment because my daughter really loves this doll and is sad that it can't be fixed (at least not easily).

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice doll, breaks easily, December 25, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars *Defective Legs - Contact Hasbro*, December 31, 2013
My daughter's doll had legs become easily detected. After finding Amazon comments of others with same issue, e-mailed Hasbro Customer Service via their website to let them know of the issue, that others complained online about the same issue and that I expect resolution. On Hasbro's website under "Instant Answers" the only issue with Equestrias listed seems to be tangled hair. E-mail Hasbro and let them know that as the manufacturer you expect them to resolve this apparently widespread product quality issue. The more consumers who contact Hasbro, the faster they will act so all these kids can have the working dolls they want and deserve.

3.0 out of 5 stars another plastic doll, November 2, 2013
like any plastic kids toy my kids like it, and I really like how the shoes come off at the knee to be replaced since most dolls like this the shoes are the first to be lost. But still it's a cheap quality toy with accessories that are designed to be lost or broke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Equestria Girls Doll, March 28, 2014
Mark Hammermeister (Taylor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves everything my little pony, so it was a given she would love these dolls. She plays and talks to them everyday. Yesterday twilight sparkles leg came off just like some of the other reviews my daughter was broken hearted. After trying for a long time to get the leg back on with no success, I decided to write hasbro and let them know what happened and what I had read in here from other parents. Much to my suprise they answered me. There design team was informed that there is a design flaw and they put a new doll for her in the mail. :) now that's great customer service. Hopefully the new dolls they put out will be able to be popped back together or no longer come apart. In the meantime the dolls are very cute they just need to be played with gently :).

4.0 out of 5 stars If your kids like MLP, they'll probably like this, October 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a cute My Little Pony Equestria doll. My daughter was only semi-interested in the line until we saw the movie. After that, she expressed a lot more interest in this version of MLP. The doll is eye-catching and my daughter's played with her fairly regularly since the package arrived. She does NOT like the fact that the doll does not have feet, says it's creepy. Quality-wise, I'd say it's hit or miss, I'm not seeing this as a sturdy toy that will last more than a year, even with careful play. Really, I'm not sure I'd spend the suggested manufacturer's price, but if your child is really into the friendship is magic tv show or really liked the movie, they'll probably like this toy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Off to the landfill, April 25, 2014
The legs on these Equestria Girls dolls break and they break easily. Once the legs comes off, it does not go back on.

My Little Pony Equestria Girls - Twilight Sparkle Doll