5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked!
Published 13 months ago by Sierra

3.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Bunch!
This series really could have been better made. For the most part, the clothes are cheaply made, and most of the dolls in the series are very bare-bones for their prices (double to triple what you'd pay for another fashion doll of their quality--and that is before the ridiculous mark-up).

Fluttershy is the best-made of the bunch. Her adorable outfits are...
Published 13 months ago by J. Baldwin

3.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Bunch!, July 29, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony Equestria Girls - Fluttershy Doll with Accessory (Toy)

Fluttershy is the best-made of the bunch. Her adorable outfits are actually seamed, her hair appears thicker, and she is properly jointed. Her boots are spectacular. It's a shame they are her feet, but she comes with extras at least. She is very sweet-looking and has a very strong resemblence to her pony character. However, none of these dolls look anything like the movie characters--rather than strange furry fanfic--probably because they were designed before the movie and the movie's producers realized there was no way anyone would believe they were "human" with their strange ears and facial cutie marks. :) Many children will notice this right away.

The face painting on all the characters is awesome. I am not a fan of heavy make-up on dolls, but the Equestria Girls' make up/facial features are a mixture of whimsical, but tasteful and cute. The skirts on most of the dolls are short, but they are in a childlike girly way (versus a grownup provocative way).

The hair on Fluttershy appears thicker than the non-deluxe ponies. It is important to pull it in a pony tail or braid unless you have a child who regularly gently brushes his/her dolls' hair. It's made from the same stock as the ponies' manes and tails--fine for a 3" pony with a 2-3 plug mane--a potention nightmare for a fashion doll with a head full of hair.

We have not completely broken Fluttershy out of the package (I am saving her as a gift for my daughter), but I did notice another defect. The joints where the legs meet the hip are very obtrusive and stick out quite a bit--and this may be why all the girls are in dresses (pants may look weird on them).

They are cute--just not worth the retail price, and the basic sets are not really worth purchasing unless one of them is a favorite. Given they have just been released, beware of the false scarcity. There are higher-quality dolls out that can be obtained for much less.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked!, July 27, 2013
I love and collect Monster High dolls but when I saw these Equestria Girls, I was intrigued. I bought Fluttershy and Rarity and fell in love with them in person. These dolls are so cute and pretty! They're about 3 inches shorter than Monster High dolls, but I don't mind. I just wish that all of the Equestria Girls had jointed elbows and knees, not just the deluxe ones. I love Fluttershy's coloring and light blue dress. It's really cute how all of the dolls have a long piece of hair sticking out of the rest of their hair to simulate a tail. I actually thought they had tails at first until I saw that the long piece of hair was attached to their heads. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing and buying more Equestria Girls!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but the Velcro Snapped Off, November 4, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter was looking forward to this toy so much but within 24 hours of purchase, the Velcro gave way. When I checked, I realized that the stitching was very crude. She was so distraught and had been looking forward to this piece for a while - I do not understand why there is not much QC going into the production of these toys? It is all well and good to get something that excites a child but how about getting good work done on the toys so they last a little longer and not for just 24 hours? With the Rainbow Dash doll she has, the shoes come off so easily!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but with some quality issues, April 28, 2014
My daugther loved it but I have a few concerns with the quality. An example would be the legs. Connecting the boot to the leg may break the leg. Also for the hair, it gets tangled up quickly and breaks apart.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda flimsy, February 21, 2014
This isn't a toy for the rough and tumble little girls. It will break easily. It made my daughter happy and with a warning about the durability, she has taken good care of it so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart within an hour, January 2, 2014
This doll is very poorly made. The boots must be removed before the clothes can be changed and the boots fit very tightly. When the child pulls the boot off, they are likely to pull the whole leg off and it doesn't go back on. Sad girls at my house, waiting to hear from Hasbro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandchildren gifts, December 28, 2013
Granddaughter loved it. she opened it & began playing with it. It was a request of hers & it held together & had all the accessories that she expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, December 28, 2013
My granddaughter was just thrilled with this doll. It was perfect and,as always, Amazon was right on time! Thanks a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars a big hit, December 27, 2013
ordered this for my granddaughter for christmas and she loves it. got a few squeals from her thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful doll, December 27, 2013
We love that her included wings are butterfly wings! Her second outfit is also very fairy and sweet.

Her ball-jointed knees and elbows are pretty cool. They are stiff the first few times you move them, but after that, they're pretty easy. These deluxe dolls are better made than their standard counterparts, and I hope Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight, will have deluxe editions (the deluxe Pinkie is a Target exclusive).

When pulling the shoes off, hold the doll's legs instead of her torso. If you hold her torso while yanking, then you may pop a leg off, and surely you'd complain about the toy breaking instead of realizing you did the equivalent of pulling a plug out of the wall by the cord. Still, this doll, like any toy, won't last forever, but she's great so far.

Tip: Use a regular hair brush for their hair instead of the plastic combs included with these toys. The combs pull the hair, which is what makes it nappy and frizzy. A regular little hair brush is gentler. My daughter's ponies and other dolls with plastic hair all look great still because we use a regular hair brush.

Rate and Discover Movies