5.0 out of 5 stars The Pony fan in our house loves it!
As is all the My Little Pony toys in our household, the kids loved it. It comes with a unicorn with a light up horn that is a fav. There are a lot of cute items for play. The box is great! Be careful opening the package. It is actaully like a hat box....in a weird shaped way. The lid is on the back. It makes for a great carry/play/storage case.

Now I see...
Published on January 25, 2012 by mrs. dani

3.0 out of 5 stars cute
This set is cute looking. Its a Xmas gift so hasn't got any play yet but I'm sure my little girl will like it.
Published on September 28, 2012 by Tina

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pony fan in our house loves it!, January 25, 2012
mrs. dani (lexington, sc United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Little Pony Exclusive Playset Celebration at Canterlot Castle Includes Twilight Sparkle Starbeam Twilight (Toy)

Now I see it listed at over $40. Honestly, why I really think it is a great product, I would not pay that. We paid under $20 for it. Unless you are a rabid My Little Pony fan, wait until the price comes down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find this locally for a good price, and it's worth it., January 4, 2012
This set is not a bad deal, so long as you find one locally. It is a Target Exclusive, so buying it here on Amazon will cost more. It has to be bought once through Target, and then resold online. Yes there will be a markup, but if you don't have a Target store in your region, then this is a viable solution. THe going price for this is typically $19.99, so you have to consider the cost of gas, going out and using your time to travel, eating out away from home, etc. It may or may not be worth it to you to save the time. I have seen Amazon price this set cheaper than the $42 it goes for at the time of this review, so I will even admit that the price seems absurdly high. Again, go for a local find if it's available to you. I have found these on clearance at my local Target for very low prices.

The content is pretty straight forward. Shine Brite Twilight Sparkle with glowing unicorn horn, and Starbeam Twinkle. That and a ton of random plastic accessories in a funny shaped cardboard box. The box is made from thinner cardboard than the Fashion Style Princess Celestia and Luna set and the Deluxe Canterlot Castle set. This is unfortunate. The style of the box is nice, and creative... But it's only suitable for storage, not play.

For those unfamiliar with them, the Shine Brite ponies have posable articulated legs, are a little wider than normal, to accommodate the batteries, and feature a button on the back that causes a pulsing glow. For Twilight, her horn glows.

All in all, It's a nice set if you want to complete your Shine Brite pony collection. The price isn't horrible, and far better than the cost to get the far more expensive Deluxe Canterlot Castle Playset (which has the Shine Brite Princess Luna toy, but also costs twice as much). If you consider the exclusive pony figure ($5) and the Exclusive Shine Brite Twilight ($8-10) that places the overall value at $13-15. The remaining $5-8 to reach the retail price is all in the random plastic extras and the cardboard box. It's up to you if the exclusive nature of the two ponies makes that extra amount worth it to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old!, September 13, 2013
Just opended last night, and me and my daughter played for an hour. Then she just had to bring Twilight Sparkle with us to Work/Daycare and she hid it the car and didn't ask to take it into school because she was worried about someone playing with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Easter Gift for an 8 Year Old!, April 17, 2013
This set was purchased for my eight year old granddaughter. She loves all pony things and so loved all the little things to "dress" and fix the ponies for the day.. Was perfectly content playing with them for the longest time. Great set.

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute, November 8, 2013
I bought this gift for my niece for the christmas holiday, the smile on her face was priceless. She is such a my little pony fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars toy, January 2, 2014
Grand kids liked liked timely delivery system. Will use ypu guys for all my far away kids and grand kids

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, October 25, 2013
It was a great for my daughter she really enjoyed it. I would order another set for her anytime. Awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty accessories and Twilight!, July 6, 2014
I was surprised I found this at a local Target, this is from 2011! This is apart of the Canterlot line that is no longer available, and this is the only set you can find Shine Bright Twilight Sparkle. Many accessories, and an extra pony! This is a great addition to my pony collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT set!, February 15, 2013
This has so many accessories and two exclusive ponies. The packaging is eye-catching and looks wonderful in my collection! Since it comes with so many accessories, it's one of the few sets I would recommend as a toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ponies, November 28, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When i ordered this i got it for my daughter. she loved it, but i had to give it to her early as the box was smashed and was not wrappable or gift baggable. Otherwise nothing inside was broken and she loved it.