4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars...if you are 4 Years Old
This game is a rather simple one. My 4 year old completed the game the first time within two hours. However, she continues to play it over and over, asking me to 'erase' so she can start it again from the beginning.

Published on November 23, 2008 by Alanna Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute For Young Ones
Published on June 25, 2012 by D. Gilder

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars...if you are 4 Years Old, November 23, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party - Nintendo DS (Video Game)

The player walks Pinkie Pie around town. The top screen is a map and the next goal is always marked there so you know what to do next. The town is made up of some of the various buildings in Ponyville, most are directly taken from the toyline and my daughter was excited to be able to go inside Pinkie Pie's balloon house, Starsong's bus and the Sweet Shop. The object of the game is to find all 20 presents and 12 puzzle pieces so Pinkie Pie can have her birthday party. This is done by playing mini games and finding presents "hidden" in various places on the game map. Everything is really small and kept compact. Pinkie is controlled with the D-Pad and most mini games use the stylus. There is a bit of text, but the important things are told in voice as well as text, or easily discovered by walking around so even if your child cannot read yet, with a little help things are easy to figure out.

The mini games are really simple but cute. My daughter especially liked the one where you circle butterflies with your stylus and put the seeds in the ground for flowers to grow (dont let the gophers eat your seeds!)

Another nice addition is having the actual voice actress for Pinkie Pie do her voice (the voice for Pinkie in the current pony movies and toys such as the Sing and Dance Pinkie Pie)and including the "real" My Little Pony theme song. Also after you find all the presents you get to "open" them and each one does something different. A simple memory card game, drums to play with, bubbles to blow, a bag that has a string you can pull and make a rainbow come out,etc.

Recommended for My Little Pony fans around the age of 4-6. An older child will likely get bored more easily since there isn't THAT much to do in Ponyville.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first game for a 3 year old, June 10, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter received this game as a gift for her 3rd birthday. I considered returning it because A) I wasn't sure she would understand what to do with it and B) I wasn't sure video games would really benefit her at her age. However, we tried it and she loves it!

As Pinky Pie travels around town, there are two main tasks to complete. 1)Find the presents by tapping them with the stylus and 2)Find the puzzle pieces. On the way she "talks" to other ponies and they give her tasks (puzzles) to complete. She really enjoys racing her scooter (which gets it dirty) and then washing it. After a task is completed, it is added to the list of games that can be played anytime (read: over and over and over again). She also loves opening the presents after she has found them, by rubbing the wrapping off with the stylus. One of the presents is a very simple match game, which she also loves.

She was able to do some of the things on her own, right from the start. Anything involving only the stylus was fun for her. After about a week, she started to move Pinky Pie around using the thumb pad (which I did for her, initially).

At first I thought she wasn't learning anything but that was not true. She is developing dexterity (with the stylus), attention to detail (finding the presents and puzzle pieces), directional control (left, right, up down), memory skills, task order (do this, then this), etc. She is not learning how to read or write, but at her age, the other skills are much better for her to learn.

She loves this game and I don't regret it one little bit! If you have a 3 year old who can already do puzzles on her own, name all her colors and who likes to play "I Spy", then I would recommend this game.

However, I think a 6 year old or a child already familiar with DS games may finish this game quickly and tire of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ponyville Perfect, January 11, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a truly cute game if you have a pony fan in your household. The game is rather easy as noted by previous reviewers. Pinkie Pie has to find her presents by talking to the other ponies in Ponyville. My children played it in one night, but they like to erase it and begin again.
My son (yes, my 5 year old son loves it too) likes the mini game where pinkie pie has to water the garden to make it grow, and he likes the one where pinkie pie must plant seeds without letting the critters get them first. This game would probably be too simple and boring to a child over 5 or 6 unless they are like my 8 year old daughter who can't seem to outgrow Ponyville - fun game, fast play, and worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, just like the web site, January 17, 2009
T. Hunsinger "mom of 3" (Cranford, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Bought his for our 5 year old daughter. She enjoys playing on the Ponyville web site, so we felt this would be a good introduction to her new DS. I played it the night before she got it and helped her play. It is a scavenger hunt with side games. The format is similar to the web site, so it was easy to follow. She loves it! The only negative is that not all of the instructions are verbal- she cannot read yet, so it was heavy on the mommy-instructions in the beginning. Once she got the hang of it, though, she was off on her own adventure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will captivate your 3-6 year old. You will hum the tunes., October 31, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We rented this game from GameFly when my DD was 4.5. She quickly finished the game in 2-3 hours. I had to read some of the text to her the first time, but it's really not necessary. The important information is spoken. She LOVES to replay this game, and is currently 5. She keeps asking about it so I finally broke down and bought her one.

There is one mini-game she just can't play. It took me forever to figure it out. The dancing game requires that you mimic the other dancing pony by remembering the moves til you get to 6 in a row. The directions on this game are horrible, especially compared to the other games which are well done.

Great art and graphics. Good spoken voices. Fits in perfectly with the My Little Pony universe.

On the downside, the music is very catchy and you will find yourself humming it, since it will be ingrained in your brain.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute For Young Ones, June 25, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter is nearly 9 but is obsessed with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Even though that generation of MLP doesn't have a game, she still asked for this one. If you have a young child, I'm sure they would get more wear out of it than my daughter did. In my opinion, it's a waste of money for something she only got 20 to 30 minutes out of. That's how long it took her to get through everything, minigames included.

Again, a good buy for a MUCH younger child but if they're over the age of 7, I'd say stay away.

4.0 out of 5 stars very cute, April 5, 2009
APO Shopper "APO Shopper" (Overseas most of the time) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My 5-yr-old daughter has fun playing this game. It's well suited for a girl her age.

2.0 out of 5 stars 15 minutes for $20, December 26, 2010
M Roberts (Claremont, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my 5 year old. While it is an enjoyable game for children that age, there is almost nothing to it. She got through the game start to credits in WELL under a half hour. It would be a good game if there were more levels or chapters but once you find your 20 presents the game is over. I can see her playing this MAYBE once again before she becomes bored and the game gets put away for good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game for the 3-5 little girl crowd, May 23, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game for the sole purpose that it is so easy and does not require much reading, and in that it met my expectations. My 3 year old was able to play it with minimal help, and LOVED getting to open the presents you collect in the game. For any kid over the age of 5 though, this game is going to be WAY too easy. My 3 year old was able to beat it in a couple afternoons with my help, so an older kid could probably start and finish it out in less than an hour. It has mini- games that can be replayed even after you beat it, but they too are fairly simple and would bore an older kid. For little ones though, getting their first DS games, this is a decent beginner one.

4.0 out of 5 stars ds pony game, November 28, 2010
I tested the game out and it works great and shipped quickly. It is a completely pointless game in and of itself, but since it is for my girly 6 yr. old daughter I think she will probably love it. You basically are a pony and you just go back and forth in ponyland or whatever it's called and try to find where the gifts and puzzle pieces are hidden. I would say an older girl would probably find this lame, but what do I know about cool, I'm a mom!

My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party - Nintendo DS