5.0 out of 5 stars Another Pony Princess
Published on August 16, 2012 by Stephen Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad wiring causes sounds to be intermittent
I was so excited to give this to my daughter, because she's MLP-obsessed. Unfortunately the sound effects don't work consistently - seems like the wiring in the toy is bad.

I know there's a bad apple in every bunch, so we may have just gotten a defective one. She still loves it.
Published 20 months ago by adavis

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Pony Princess, August 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unbeknownst to my 2 daughters I (the GREATEST Daddy on the planet!) ordered up a Princess Cadence thanks to the Amazon Vine Program. The item arrived in good time and well packaged.... and by that I mean that it was in the typical child's toy sarcophagus of formed plastic with many ties and anchors assuring you that THIS little Princess will arrive to her destination unscathed and in tact. How well your fingers and nerves hold up while releasing said Princess from her trans-Pacific packaging remains to be seen.

Once I had Princess Cadance removed from her box, I installed the 2 supplied AAA batteries triggering her magical and majestic voice for ALL IN THE HOUSE TO HEAR... no there is no volume control supplied with this piece of technical wizardry.... Her repertoire of songs and phrases is:

"Hello, I'm Princess Cadance."
"Today's my wedding day!"
hums the wedding march and then giggles (I usually mouth this making me the Princess Daddy)
"My dress is so pretty." (The "dress" is a white sparkly cape.)
giggle (kind of annoying)
Lalalalalala Lalalalaaaaaaa (to the tune of the "My Little Pony" theme song)
"Let's dance." followed by a bouncy instrumental version of the final song in the movie

Joining the other 312 My Little Ponies we have, Princess Cadance stands head and mane above the rest - literally. This chick is large in stature. Thankfully the other Ponies are not afraid of this hugely and freakishly large specimen. Princess Cadance comes with her very own solid gold (color) brush, bejeweled tiara and a majestic damask cape with a royal Velcro closure.

My daughters absolutely LOVE Princess Cadance! She is of a large and robust stature and well made; her wings seem solid (have not [yet] been pulled off) and in general seems well made. Princess Cadance has not [yet] been swimming in the tub so I can't comment on her seaworthiness although as most not-for-water-toys I would assume her fate would be that of a sudden and permanent voice and wing movement/lighting event. It's only a matter of time in my house...

All in all she is a great toy. Crisp and clear voice, nice main and tail and my girls really enjoy her. Had one of my girls had this pony on one of their lists for Birthday, Christmas, etc. I would probably have bought it knowing what I now know about the product.

OK now I have that dang "My Little Pony" theme song in my head.................

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter already loves Cadance from the show, so she was THRILLED with this!, July 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My five-year-old daughter loves all things My Little Pony. We own more than 20 ponies - probably even more than that - and she LOVES to watch episodes of the My Little Pony show streamed on Netflix. The final two episodes on that show are available as a DVD (My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Royal Pony Wedding); those are the episodes that features Princess Cadance. (Be forewarned that some parts of pretty scary for little ones, though. I'd recommend at least age 3 before watching and older than that if your child is fearful.) Because we watch it over and over, my daughter immediately recognized Cadance and loved hearing her say, "I'm getting married today!" and hum the wedding march and play the music from various parts of the movie.

She says:
(1) "Hello, I'm Princess Cadance."
(2) "Today's my wedding day!"
(3) hums the wedding march and then giggles
(4) "My dress is so pretty." (The "dress" is a white sparkly cape.)
(5) giggle (kind of annoying)
(6) Lalalalalala (to the tune of the "My Little Pony" theme song)
(7) "Let's dance."
(8) an instrumental version of the final song in the movie
With each utterance, her wings move and little and light up. My daughter likes to turn the lights out to see the lights even better.

This pony is sturdy and well-made, but be prepared that it is much bigger than the standard sized pony figure. Princess Cadance is the same size as this My Little Pony Princess Celestia figure. While the two are similar in size and appearance, Celestia has no songs and fewer phrases. Both appear in the episode mentioned above, so my daughter loves to play with them together! She even swaps the clothes/accessories, switching their crowns and putting Celestia's necklace on Cadance and Cadance's dress of Celestia.

Celestia began at thirty dollars and then dropped to the current twenty, so my guess is that the same will eventually happen for Cadance. If your daughter already loves Cadance like mine does, though, the retail price is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am mummy of the year, June 16, 2013
My 3 year old will not stop playing with this pony

great size and good quality some say her quotes are a bit annoying

I love them, its just so cute

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit over-priced, but still a big hit, July 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this as a gift for my six-year old niece, and it was a big hit. First, it plays two different quick, but fun, tunes. The horse's voice is well spoken and very clearly heard, which is not often the case with "talking" toys. The pony is well made and durable, though I agree with another reviewer about the glitter getting everywhere. A negative for a mom, but my niece thought it was wonderful getting covered in glitter. The light-up, moveable wings are a fantastic feature, and the pony comes with the required 2 AAA batteries and works right out of the packaging. Though they'll probably need to be changed very soon, it makes for a nice gift with instant gratification which is vital for the younger, less patient set!

Cadence is fairly large (especially vis a vis traditional My Little Pony toys), and her mane is soft and colorful. Her mother was also happy as it doesn't have many small parts to it. It has four parts: the horse, the "wedding cape", a crown and a brush - that's it. Though I think the price is a bit high ($20 would be much more appropriate), the music/voice and light-up wings definitely make it worth the purchase. Highly recommended for pony and horse-mad little girls.

Please see my picture of the actual toy we received (in my niece's hands).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, July 2, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: My Little Pony Princess Cadance (Toy)
This is the best pony toy I have ever gotten!! But the price on here is a little insane since she's available for a much lower price at another store... I love how her wings light up and move. And her voice is very clear and I can understand everything she says! She is so cute and so fun to play with! The wings are very strong and durable! I think it's a great addition to any pony lovers collection. Love this thing! It's so fun! I'd sleep with it, but I'm afraid of pushing her button while I'm asleep... I love it so much!

4.0 out of 5 stars Little pony, October 27, 2012
Arturo Paiz "Arturito Paiz" (Guatemala City, Guatemala) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Pony Princess Cadance (Toy)
Good my little baby loves it, really loves, has not much educational value, but she likes it. The wings seems a litle weak, but you can work around that

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my niece so happy!, September 20, 2012
Monie Garcia (Arlington, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My four year old niece is currently in princess phase and the Princess Cadence Figure was right up her alley. When I gave her the toy, her eyes lit up and she spent the rest of the evening playing with/talking to the pony. Having her entertained for any thing longer than thirty minutes is rare so I'm happy she was able to get so much usage out of it. Overall I think this is a great toy to entertain but there isn't much educational value in the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for girls, August 16, 2012
James A. Pantano "jackthewhack" (beacon, new york United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
okay this is sort of a tough one to review. i dont have any little girl experience having three older sons. its been all hot wheel cars and gi joe over here so i dont really have a grasp on what constitutes a good girl toy. my middle guy (hes 23 )is an excellent animator and absolutely loves this pony stuff. he draws these characters constantly and even creates his own. he shows me websites online of other guys (and presumably girls) drawings dedicated to pony worship. according to him the show has an "adult cult following". ooookay. i ordered this as a gift for him and he loves it. how this will influence your decision to buy this product i dont know, but hey, maybe one of you out there has a similar situation. i would be lying if i told you whether or not i knew it was a great toy. all i know is it sings, lights up and is really colorful. the educational(?)value, durability and fun ratings i dont think apply here, since my son probably wont handle this toy as much in a year as a little girl would in a day. but like i said, my son loves it. he has it displayed on his desk with all his other little pony figures. wow. when i was his age i had like, model cars and fireworks on my shelf. its really beyond times changing, im in a whole other world now. my wife has no opinion on this type of toy. she eschewed traditional female toys when she was younger in favor of her older brothers, you guessed it- hot wheel cars and gi joes. anyway its a nice toy and i think any kid into these pony characters will like it. voila!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
Excelente

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gift for all girls 4-7 y, July 14, 2014
This review is from: My Little Pony Princess Cadance (Toy)
The best gift for all girls 4-7 y.o. Our 6 y.o. daughter was so happy to get it for Christmas. She is almost 8 now and she sometimes play with it.

My Little Pony Princess Cadance