4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting look at what came before Friendship is Magic

Published on December 6, 2009 by D. Marsh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointing, December 6, 2009
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
I bought this for my 3 and 5 year old, who love MLP and have seen all of the recent movies. I have to say I am unhappy with the revamping of this favorite. This movie does not have the same quality as the rpevious movies! Along with a new too cutesie look these ponies are also sporting new (and not so great) attitudes. Instead of the adorable, sweet, caring, and loving friends that we know and love these ponies show jealousy, greed, envy, they fight, stick their tongues out at each other, sneak around to cover up a mistake, and lie. The redemption and moral that you might expect never really comes as they quickly wrap it up by tossing out a few quick and not heartfelt apologies. I was hugely upset with this movie and will probably get rid of it as soon as possible. I'll stick with our favorite loveable ponies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting look at what came before Friendship is Magic, September 19, 2013
Stephen M. Sturgeon (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
I first came into MLP with Friendship is Magic. I think something that might have helped some previous reviewers to know is that this has nothing to do with G4 (Friendship is Magic). This is G3, (what My Little Pony was right before Lauren Faust made Friendship is Magic). So take it for granted that this is going to be quite a bit different from what you're used to if you've only seen FiM up until now..

It probably helped me that I'm part of an MLP community that encouraged me to watch cartoons dating all the way back to the original G1 My LIttle Pony. It helped prepare me for the culture shock of a My Little Pony show that wasn't Friendship is Magic.

First thing viewers will notice about this is that it does have a few of the same characters as Friendship is Magic. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Cherrilee, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are all characters here. You can even see some resemblences to their Friendship is Magic Counterparts.

Bur personality-wise, they are quite a bit different.

All things said and done, this is a really fun My Little Pony adventure. It's colorful. It's fun. It's perfect for little kids and maybe those who grew up with the previous generations of My Little Pony. It's definetly worth the watch.

Just be prepared (something I'm sure some previous reviewer wish they had known)...this isn't Friendship is Magic. It's a good show in it's own right. But if you go into it expecting FiM, you're bound to be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, December 23, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
This video was awesome! It was the best video I've saw in my whole entire life!! Who ever wrote that nasty review shame on you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, July 22, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
My granddaughter loves the little pony's and this was a super addition to her collection! She kept watching it over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars for my grand daughter, June 1, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
she loves my little pony , and she really liked this one the twinkle wish adventure she had not seen before

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent!, January 2, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
Very happy with my purchase. My niece sat and watched this movie for hours! It was just what she wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my granddaughter because she is such a "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic" fan., October 7, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
I bought this for Aubrey so she could enjoy the "My Little Pony" that her mother loved as a child. Turns out Aubrey loves this as much as mom did. And her Mom gets a kick out of seeing them again as well. The DVD was in great condition, arrived a day earlier than I expected it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Children's Movie, July 14, 2013
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
My four year old loves My LIttle Pony, so we bought her a few DVD's for our road trip. This one is great - it's everything a four year old who loves ponies loves, complete with pink snow! It keeps the story light and refreshing. There's nothing horrible or scary. A great story about friends and caring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie! 2-year-old daughter agrees., March 27, 2014
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
Whatever lady said these "new ponies" are mean and stick their tongues out and such...um...yeah welcome to the REAL world. This movie is absolutely perfect for MLP fans. Our 2-year-old daughter loves it! The stars and colors and balloons... they are all true to the old movies but even funner and cuter now. As a millennial, I highly recommend this DVD for younger parents and kids; maybe the older generations can't handle it but it's a perfect gem for little girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars A adorable classic!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (DVD)
I bought this for my 2 year old daughter b/c I loved My Little Pony growing up and I know she will enjoy it as much as I did! This is a little different from the older My Little Pony series but still just as cute and fun to watch!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›