5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful alternative to play doh
Published on June 17, 2004 by Kristine Bingham, second grade...

3.0 out of 5 stars Little messy
My grand son has to play with it on the table but he still gets sand out of the box.
He really loves it because he is into construction but it would have been nice
If they would have put a latch box door on top to put it away.
Published 18 months ago by sandra mullins

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful alternative to play doh, June 17, 2004
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
This is a wonderful alternative to play doh. It is fun, and easy to clean up. It is also an awesome toy to build creativity. My four children, ages 10,8,5,& 2, spend hours playing with it and the other sandboxes. As an elementary teacher, I would recommend this toy to anyone. Students act out different scenarios and can then write them down. It encourages roll playing and the mat that is enclosed is like a map that I use to reinforce directions. Fine motor skills can also be developed with this toy. It is a wonderful toy for both home and school.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A little boys dream!!!, March 15, 2006
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I ordered this sand box. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was made of good solid wood and all the accessories were very life-like. My grandson loves it dearly. In fact when I'm not watching him he is constantly asking when he coming back to Gramas' to play with it. He really uses his imagination and creativity when he is playing with it. Thanks a million!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous toy....so-so quality....and messy!, January 3, 2010
NFOwife (Oklahoma, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
My kids both received "My Little Sandbox" sets for Hanukkah this year. My son (almost 3) got the digger set. He LOVES it. He's a typical 2-3 year old boy with a short attention span. He can sit at the table quietly playing with this toy for 30 minutes-an hour or more. It is fabulous! However, this is a toy that needs to be played with in a controlled environment. The sand is very fine, and does get out of the box, even with careful play. The set does come with a large plastic mat that you put under the box when playing to try and catch most of the mess. But, some sand will get in the nearby area during play.
In addition, the vehicles that come with this set are pretty much cheap cr@p. Within 24 hours of receiving the toy, the dump truck completely broke. My son was not playing rough with it at all, just typical driving it around the box, etc. And the bulldozer piece was also about to fall apart. I contacted the company and they immediately sent me out 2 additional sets of vehicles at no charge. I was very pleased with the prompt and courteous response to my email, so they do stand behind their products. However, for a toy geared towards young kids they should put vehicles that are somewhat more durable (I have a $1.50 tonka dump truck that he uses now, it is perfect) than the ones they use for the adult version of this toy.
Overall, even with the mess it makes, it is a wonderful toy, especially for the winter months when you can't play outside much or in the event of a new baby for an older sibling to play with while mom needs to attend to the baby, nurse, etc. Well worth the money and a great idea! Just needs a little fine tuning and it will be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 26, 2005
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
We just love this. The whole family:) It is such a great toy. And what a nice thing to have when you are stuck inside in the winter. Great idea. Just adorable. Look no further. I am buying this for every little boy this year:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this toy!!!, January 4, 2006
L. Thorne (Santa Cruz, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
What a great toy this is. I bought this for my 3 1/2 year old son for Christmas, and he's played with it everyday since. It's wonderful to have around on rainy days when playing outside just isn't a possibility. Two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great toy, January 6, 2009
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
this is an awesome toy, my son has cerebal paulsy and is limited in activities. This toy requires him to use fine motor skills and to focus on it. He loves it and spends hours with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 26, 2013
Amazon Customer "saYYeah!" (Kingwood, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
My son loves this Sandbox. Parts are a nice quality and well made. Of all the toys he received for Christmas, he plays with this one the most. I might even buy another My Little Sandbox for my desk at work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, June 20, 2014
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
Contained sand with all the fun pieces! My nephew loved this gift (and my sister did, too, since she said it wasn't as messy as the big sandbox in her backyard). Perfect birthday gift. I love the real wood box and all the toys included.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, January 3, 2014
Nay717 (Alabama, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
My 4 year old grandson just loves this! It helps him pass the time when he cannot go outside to play. It is not as messy as I feared it would be and was well worth the purchase price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, December 2, 2013
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Big Builder (Toy)
For my grandson, because revenge is best when dished out warm and lovingly to my 3 year old grandson, at his fathers house, and the sand must be vacuumed up there!

My Little Sandbox - Big Builder