5.0 out of 5 stars The record for longest played with toy
Published on December 13, 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars too small and what a mess for a 2 year old
this thing was no larger than a kchen plate and i know i should have looked at the size closer but for a 2 year old parts are choke hazards. Plus for a 2 year old cleaning upblue sand off the carpet all day really sucks.
Published on August 6, 2012 by jasonw23

5.0 out of 5 stars The record for longest played with toy, December 13, 2009
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
I was just amazed. My 3 year old son played with this for two hours straight. It's not so boring for an adult to participate with, if you like to rake the sand like those mini rock garden desk sets. There are a good variety of characters to make up many fun stories. He absolutely loves it and complains when we have to put it away. I am back for more sandbox sets.

Be prepared to do a little sweeping afterward if you play with this inside - that is the only drawback.

4.0 out of 5 stars My four year old son loves it., July 18, 2011
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
OK--so I knew this would be messy even before I purchased it, but my son is really into pirates, so I figured it could be an outdoor toy. The sand is VERY clingy to hands/table, etc. So indoors could really make a big mess.

The pieces are really cute, but they are very tiny. So I don't think it would be good for any child younger than 4.

All that said--he just loves this toy. Even his 8 yr old sister wants to join in, and it seems to hold his interest a long time, which is rare. The box is very sturdy and is holding up well, even though it got rained on one day! It would be nice if they had included an extra package of sand, since it is inevitable that it is slowly disappearing over time.

Overall, it is a big hit with my 4 yr old son!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours and hours of concentrated fun, April 5, 2009
Bigsleep (North Adams, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
Our little girl is very fascinated with sand and pirates. She is very rambunctious so I thought a tiny sandbox would not work for her. I thought it might just be a big mess. I was wrong. She was so intent on keeping all the sand in the box and playing with the tiny toys that she just stood there entranced. It was amazing, and gave me some time to relax a little before she decided to run around again.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... - and my grandnephews - 4 and 6 - enjoyed it and did not make too much of a ..., July 10, 2014
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
Cute toy - and my grandnephews - 4 and 6 - enjoyed it and did not make too much of a mess. It has a lot of small pieces so would not be suitable for a younger child. The quantity of sand that is sent with the toy is quite sparse.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great set!, June 27, 2014
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
My 4 year old loves it. I love it. I don't mind picking up the sand mess after hi has played.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge hit with a three year old!, October 11, 2013
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
Great gift if you would like to find a toy your child can play with quietly by themselves!!

Only con is that you will end up with sand on the floor and eventually the sandbox will run out of sand, worth the mess for some minutes of peace :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!, February 25, 2013
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
Fun, fun fun!!! I bought this for my Son for Christmas, and he loved it! Just a FYI, put down a towel under the box, so they don't get sand all over your table :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, November 29, 2012
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
I love the colored sand and the minature toys! Lots of fun! No problems! The box is well made! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TOY FOR A 6 YEAR OLD WITH A VIVID IMAGINATION!, October 12, 2013
Annie (Denver, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
Quality, well built and he loved it. I had previously bought the construction set and followed up with this pirate one. I would recommend for any child with a good imagination for hours of quiet play.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids loooooove it, September 30, 2013
This review is from: My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set (Toy)
First for the other reviewers that said its messy: it's SAND. Of course its messy! But totally adorable, wholesome, no tv for hours fun. Got my 5 year old the pirate and the princess one for my 3 year old. Plus they come with all kinds of extras like a cannon, crocodile, X marks the spot. Great toy!

My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set