4.0 out of 5 stars entertaining vampire romance
Published 20 months ago by Harriet Klausner

3.0 out of 5 stars Again, this is a reissue!
Published 20 months ago by Cheesehead

3.0 out of 5 stars Again, this is a reissue!, November 29, 2012
Buyer beware, this title is another reissue, just like the first book in the series, My Lord Vampire. She wrote this book early in her writing career under the pen name Debbie Raleigh. While this is a fantasy book, it's "light" on the fantasy and not very dark like her Guardians of Eternity series. If you like your charecters dark and complex, this is not the book for you. While an OK read, I would recommend you save your money and buy an old used copy or get from your library.

1.0 out of 5 stars Published *2003* - NOT a new book; such deceptive advertising!, December 15, 2012
Nowhere in the Amazon information on this book does it say, oh by the way, if this looks familiar, it's because you read it NINE YEARS AGO. I read too many books to track them all, but I figure I won't repeat if I buy the books as they are published. Omitting a prior publication date is a lie, pure & simple. The book was mildly entertaining nine years ago, but there is no way I wanted to purchase or read it a second time. Amazon and Zebra books are defrauding their customers by concealing the fact that this book was published years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars entertaining vampire romance, November 27, 2012
Over two centuries ago, Nefri, the most powerful vampire, used the magic of a Medallion to create the Veil that separates the world of mankind from the realm of the undead. Recently Nefri fears an undetermined threat that could destroy both planes. Knowing the Medallion is the avenue for the evil ones, she breaks it into three parts before hiding them amidst three young mortal ladies unaware of what they possess. However, Nefri realizes three avaricious vampires plan to take the objects; so she sends trustworthy vamps to protect them.

The vampire Great Council assigns Lucien Valin to protect Jocelyn Kingly who possesses one of the three parts of the powerful Medallion used by Nefri to create the veil separating their realm from the mortals. Though he knows dangerous rogue vampires target Jocelyn to obtain her amulet, he looks forward to the task as he prefers field work to musty tomes. Jocelyn helps the unfortunate but is short funds so she takes in Lucien as a renter as a series of brutal murders rock the neighborhood. Lucien knows his evil enemy is closing in on Jocelyn who already owns his heart.

This reprint of the second Immortal Rogues vampire romance is an entertaining thriller starring a strong human female, a bewildered arrogant vampire and a vile villain. Fast-paced even though the storyline reads somewhat similar to My Lord Vampire, paranormal fans will enjoy this engaging tale.

Harriet Klausner

3.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, with a vanilla storyline, November 27, 2012
This review is from: My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of Alexandra Ivy's books, with the exception of the remaining book in this series that has yet to be re- released, My Lord Immortality. This story was full of G-rated romance, but lacked in the suspense/ mystery department. There wasn't much build-up with the final confrontation and there really wasn't much going on with the villain until the end... it was all pretty cut and dry. I enjoyed the first half of the story because of the romance portion, but it went steadily downhill from there. There were no love scenes, only a lot of face touching and a few forehead and lip brushes. I love Alexandra Ivy's more erotic novels and the intimacies shared in them. In comparison to her newer books, this one was bland. It was a shame that there wasn't more intimacy involved because the hero and heroine had a lot of potential. I'll still buy the last in the series and recommend this one. AI is one of my favorite authors!

3.0 out of 5 stars My Lord Eternity a disappointment, December 13, 2012
This review is from: My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues) (Kindle Edition)
As a fan of the Immortal Rogues series, I was disappointed. It was apparently set in Victorian England, and Ms. Ivy was obviously uncomfortable and unfamiliar with the time period. The heroine was a caricature - a Victorian do-gooder - not a character, and the hero was a fun-loving vampire. If I wanted "fun-loving" heroes, I think I'd choose a different genre. Worse, every young woman in the story, most of whom were prostitutes, was referred to as a "maiden," as though this were a medieval romance, and the sheer incongruity kept jerking me out of the story to grit my teeth and wonder what in the world Ms. Ivy and her editor were thinking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh. I So Dislike Historical Romance..., December 13, 2012
My bad - I should have paid more attention to the word "Rogues" in the parentheses. That word...along with the ever dreaded "rake"...is a big red flag for historical (hysterical) romance. I know there are many fans of this genre & if that's your thing - that's cool. It's just not mine. I find them tedious on a good day and incredibly boring on a bad one.

Sadly enough - I only finished the first chapter before moving on to better pursuits.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as the Guardian's of Eternity Series, December 19, 2012
This review is from: My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues) (Kindle Edition)
If you are like me, you loved the Guardian's of Eternity series by Alexandra Ivy. This book falls short of that series. It was good, but it was definitely lacking in the passion department. I would barely rate this PG13. If you like a tamer vampire series without lots of sex and vampires that aren't very aggressive, then this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexandra Ivy is such an excellent writer. I love her books. what a great way to escape reality after a long day of work :), December 20, 2012
This review is from: My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable paranormal romance with vampires. Something similar to Jack the Ripper-like murderer terrorising London. The heroine has a socially conscious mind, and the hero, everything to make your heart skip a beat. I loved the humour. Definately worth reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars e-book, December 17, 2012
This review is from: My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues) (Kindle Edition)
i really enjoyed this whole series. alexander ivy writes about vampires and all the unusual characters in legend very well. i look forward to the last book in this series and the next darkness installment

2.0 out of 5 stars it was ok, December 6, 2012
Silverstar (Bethany Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues) (Kindle Edition)
Not like her other books in fact it took a while just to be able to get into it and then I felt like I was forcing myself just to read it, oh well needless to say this series is NOT my cup of tea.

My Lord Eternity (Immortal Rogues)
$5.38