Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 12, 2014
Living in an urban environment in the flat Midwest, I am seriously jealous of Tammy's morning views! The landscape photos are stunning. The photos of furry friends are sweet, and sometimes funny. There is beauty to be found everywhere, everyday, and that is the real gift of this book. If we pause and take notice, we too can be inspired by our surroundings. Tammy is a gentle guide, encouraging us in our own efforts to see the magic around us. When I am sad or just feeling stuck, heading out with my camera lifts my spirits.
on June 15, 2014
I chose this rating because while I didn't hate the book, I didn't love it either.

Short and simplistic, I was expecting a deeper journey into grief but the author skims over this and it is rarely mentioned. Instead, the book is mainly illustrated with standard scenery of her immediate environment accompanied by brief notes. I was expecting journal entries and a closer tie to the theme outlined in the blurb.

I can see why it rated more than two stars as a lot are looking for a coffee table book...which is exactly what it is.

But I wanted more than that and while I appreciate the author's idea I would have sooner stuck to her blog than pay ten dollars for this.
on June 27, 2014
I wasn't expecting to have my own grief cleaved open as Tammy described her reasons for writing My Morning View; nor did I expect to be jaw-dropped by the scenes Tammy used to illustrate her technical photography advice. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't the tears and laughter that this book evoked. In the long run, my sense is that this book captures Tammy herself: a woman who seeks (and can find) the beauty in every person, every lumpy fence line, jagged horizon or quizzical cloud pattern that populates the day-to-day. How often do you get a chance to learn how to focus an i-Phone by refining the view emanating from your own raw heart?
on May 12, 2014
I really enjoyed seeing the photos and knowing the story behind the project. There were great tips on photography and also on the benefits of being mindful of what is right in front of you. Thanks for sharing your experience. Will be following you on Instagram.
on May 27, 2014
I am a fan of Tammy's blog and was introduced to her photography on there. Excited to get her book, I found it to be an enjoyable compilation of her morning viewpoints. She is able to capture perfectly the stillness, quietness, and live-in-the-moment simplicity of daybreak. If eloquent could describe photography, hers is just that. Her photos, and this book, are a wonderful reminder to stop and take in quiet moments in your day, and be thankful.
on March 22, 2014
As I prepare to embark on my long flight home to the UK for the death of my grandad, this has come as a timely reminder that I can have so much value from this adventure along side my mother and 4 month old daughter over and above the high financial cost for it. As long as I allow time to endure my grief and feel gratitude for all that I do have and most importantly we have fun bonding together. Thank you!
on November 16, 2014
If you think about it, we love to read because it takes us on an adventure. We can go places and experience different things in between our regular routine. This book is a perfect example of why I love to read. The author combines bits of wisdom about life and instruction on photography to take you on an interesting, and fun, journey. This book made me smile many times and I thank the author for the ride.
on April 18, 2014
Tammy Strobel expressed her grief over the loss of her step dad through her photography, the mutual love of coffee and nature. What a beautifully crafted book. On kindle, I wished I could enlarge the photos for clearer viewing but could not. I recommend this to any lover of nature, animals and photography aficionados.
on May 22, 2014
Tammy doesn't do a lot of writing in this book, but what she has to say is very interesting. The advice about photography is sound, but could also be applied to a practicing any craft toward the same means. I would like to see more writing from both Tammy and her husband.
on April 19, 2014
The world through Tammy's camera lens and touching words always leave me inspired and grateful for all the simple moments and pleasures in life. How beautiful to go to this place whenever I need it through Tammy's book, My Morning View.