Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My Name Is My Name [Explicit]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 8, 2013
After being signed to G.O.O.D Music for about three years, we finally get Pusha T's debut album, My Name Is My Name. That seemed like forever right? But Push did put out the Wrath of Caine mixtape in January of this year, and that mixtape did have some bangers on it like "Blocka" and "Doesn't Matter" just to name a few, so its not like he wasn't putting out material and making guest appearances since then. A few weeks he proclaimed he'll have the album of the year, so will Pusha back up his claims on MNIMN? Well, lets get into it. King Push sets the tone for the album, he feels like he can't be stopped, Push raps "This is my time/this is my hour /This is my pain this is my name/ this is my power/ If it's my reign then it's my shower".

Pusha and Ross rap about some real stuff, and Ye sings auto-tune in the background on the street anthem "Hold On". The guitar heavy "Nostelgia", has people debating who had the better verse out of Pusha and Kendrick. To be honest they both killed it, but I can understand if someone gave Kendrick the nod because he was more aggressive. "S.N.I.T.C.H." is self explanatory, Pusha Ton talks about one of his close friends that he trusted ended up telling, with lines like "Telling all your cellies how come I ain't sitting next to you/ Yeah see I can read between the lines/So it's awkward when you call and I gotta press 5". And Pharrell plays the informant role on the hook, singing Sorry n****, I'm tryna come home.

"Pain" featuring Future is about a year old now, the only thing that's changed is the beat gets tweaked a little bit, but it still sounds fresh. Other songs to check for are "No Regrets" featuring Jeezy & Kevin Cossom and the trunk rattling "Suicide" featuring Ab-Liva. A few things that I felt were wrong with MNIMN were "Let Me Love" You featuring Kelly Rowland, where Pusha uses Ma$es late 90s flow, mainly from his hit single "What You Want". Its nothing wrong with paying homage, but he really altered his voice to sound like Ma$e, which was kinda odd.

"Who I Am" featuring 2 Chainz & Big Sean is another automatic skip and generic to say the least. Also, there are too many guest on here, which results in Pusha only having two solo songs. I called Game and other rappers out for doing that on their debut albums, so Push has to get that same treatment. And although he still kills it on his verses, more solo joints would of made the album more stronger. But with production from Pharrell, Don Cannon, Kanye, Hudson Mohawke, No I.D and others, Pusha definitely makes his case for album of the year.
on October 15, 2013
This is hands down the best album of the year. I finally have something to ride in the car with and bang. This has officially taken the spot of MCHG. Even though i don't like Kanye he did asn great job producing this album. Two thumbs up.
on October 14, 2013
This album is wildly inconsistent. It was hyped a ton, but a lot of reviews were lukewarm. I actually think this album could have been great if he had taken more time on it. For example, the HudMo tracks ("Hold On" and "No Regrets") are decent songs, but probably should have been left out. I feel like a good HudMo track would sound like TNGHT, not some generic song with a Kevin Cossom chorus. The song "Who I Am" could have been good with new verses from everyone (the guest verses are embarrassing) and "Let Me Love You" would have been better as a bonus track. Finally, the sequencing of the album was terrible. Mediocre songs are constantly disrupting the flow of the album, while a string of good tracks appear at the end.

Overall, my expectations for this album were really high. I'd say it's a good album, but if you want to compete with Yeezus for rap album of the year, you need to do better. Some of the production on this album is amazing - and other production SHOULD be amazing (2 HudMo songs?) but for some reason isn't. Pusha can sometimes lay down great verses, but not with the consistency of Hell Hath No Fury. He also has a problem in creating unrealistic expectations with his guest verses (a double edged sword). Everyone knows what he's capable of, but he can't consistently be that good. Anyway, here's my track-by-track review. Just my opinion! I know a lot of people may disagree

1. King Push - 10/10 - Perfect
2. Numbers on the Boards - 8/10 - Amazing beat, pretty good verse
3. Sweet Serenade - 8/10 - Generic beat, but excellent verse
4. Hold On - 4/10 - Probably shouldn't be on the album
5. Suicide - 9/10 - The PERFECT beat for Pusha
6. 40 Acres - 9/10 - A lot of people diss it, but lyrically one of the strongest tracks
7. No Regrets- 4/10 - Probably shouldn't be on the album
8. Let me love you - 7/10 - Grows on you, but should be a bonus track
9. Who I Am - 4/10 - Good beat, but they should redo their verses
10. Nosetalgia - 9/10 - Solid track
11. Pain - 8/10 - Solid track
12. SNITCH - 8/10 - Solid track
on February 27, 2014
Why did I review the album? My roommate recommended it to me
Did I like it? Yes
Will I listen again? Yes
Generally, I don’t like album about drugs because it seems like the easy route that rappers automatically return to for content. And, anyone that has ever smoked weed or dealt a small amount can use the name drug dealer and technically not have told a lie. The rappers that smoke religiously (Currency, Wiz Khalifa and others), It’s hard for me to like them because I don’t understand most of the references they allude to and I don’t understand that lifestyle (I do not smoke). But this album is the exception
I’m not sure who creates beats for Pusha T, but the beats on this album are cleverly constructed. There’s usually a beat that serves as the foundation. It usually melts into the background nicely because there is a secondary instrument that takes the forefront that is very distinguishable. The two beats are basic which allow for his lyrics to take center stage.
This album’s backbone deals with drugs, but deviates enough to give the album variety and depth. Drugs is a common subject among rappers, but Pusha's delivery is not. Its amazing beats make the album a joy to listen to and Pusha T delivers bar after bar of genius lyrics which have double meanings in most cases.
For me, the album's crowning achievement is its ability discuss drugs without feeling fake, to challenge without confronting and to boast without insulting.

My Favs
3. Nostalgia
2. On the Boards
1. King Push
Overall Rating: 86 with a recommendation to Buy

A track by track review is available at Rhythm & Reviews
on October 14, 2013
This is a solid complete work from Pusha T. In normal Pusha T fahion the CD starts out strong with King Push as the intro to get you into the flow of the album. If you read the credits it does seem as if this album is feature heavy, but when you listen to the CD most of the featuring artist are just used on the chorus of the given songs besides a few. Some of the highlights of this CD to me are King Push, Suicide, Who I Am, and Nosetalgia, with seemingly Ma$e inspired Let Me Love You being the single skippable track. I just wish that he would have saved some of the highlights from The Wraith Of Caine mixtape for this CD, mainly Millions, Blocka, and Trust You. In my opinion Trust You ft Kevin Gates was a hit if it would have been pushed as a single, while Sweet Serenade falls short of being a hit.
on July 1, 2014
I thought it was Pretty good I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the snitch song with pharrell I like the song with Rick Ross I was hoping for more verses from kanye I wish he would have added blocka and exodus but other than that it was and Is a solid album
on January 2, 2014
I've been a Clipse fan since 2005, and this album does not disappoint. Pusha T releases a classic album, which only features one Pharrell collab, but the album works. Only two things about this album are bad 1) Future 2) Big Sean. Both add NOTHING to the album/tracks they are on.

Support your favorite artists by buying their albums and seeing them in concert. That is how you support an artist.
on July 25, 2014
One of the best albums of 2013. Pusha T is one of the best gangsta rappers out, period. A real lyricist, with real gangster stories. Good beat choices throughout and not a lot of filler. I like the Mase sounding track too. Its the worst song on the album and it still isnt bad (not that bad).
on April 2, 2014
Yes he uses more euphemisms about cocaine then any person known to man but he does it an intelligent way many times. Also, if you listen deeper you here a cautionary storyline and more then just someone rapping about dope, the dope game, and it thrill. This is intelligent street music. This album is solid, a little short and I felt the beat selections could have been better but overall solid.
on October 18, 2013
You won't be disappointed with this album. Classic Pusha with some different types of tracks to break up the usual topics and sounds. I feel over all it's a solid album. It's not a classic that will be played for years but definitely worth the purchase for original fans and new fans alike.