5.0 out of 5 stars Need a Potty Training Boost?
Published on March 30, 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I expected
Published on March 20, 2006 by K. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a Potty Training Boost?, March 30, 2004
By A Customer
I found Tracy Foote's "My Potty Reward Stickers for Boys" to be an excellent visual tool to help motivate my son to want to go potty and feel good about himself and the whole process. We had watched various potty training videos, sat on the potty reading books, even used role-playing with a baby doll who wets and has her own potty when we started the training process. But not until we used this booklet, did we see results that took off quickly.
The booklet contains 126 stickers; at first I wasn't sure if it would be enough stickers, but by the end, my son was doing very well with peeing in the potty, and starting to poop in the potty as well. (With boys, pooping usually takes longer.) My son had fun choosing a reward sticker whenever he successfully went potty; there are enough pictures of the various potty training steps (e.g., sitting on the potty, wearing underwear, staying dry, washing hands, etc.) to praise a well-done job. After a while, to increase motivation, we would give our son an extra treat for completing an entire row or two (of 8-16 stickers); sometimes we'd use his favorite-M&M's, other times we'd pull out a new inexpensive toy or book. What worked well for my son was being able to visualize how many more blank circles he had to fill up with stickers in order to complete a row and then get his reward.
Could someone make their own chart with stickers? Sure, but for those of us who are pressed for time, this booklet lays it all out for you in a nice, neat, fun and easy to use format. It serves to stimulate, motivate, and provide positive reinforcement, all at your fingertips, which was worth the money in my opinion.
Another plus is that the author has customized the system for not only boys, but girls too. I had ordered the girls version to give as a present, and due to some mishaps, had a problem, which the author herself personally corrected immediately. Kudos to Tracy Foote for developing a product that helps ease the stress of potty training while providing both parent and child the confidence needed to get through this developmental milestone in a fun manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Motivator, September 25, 2003
"malcolmsparents" (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Please don't mistake this sticker book as a potty training manual and we think that's a good thing. Every child is different and the way they learn to use the potty is unique.
The beautiful thing about this book is that it can be used with any potty training method you use. Rewards are an excellent motivator. With Tracy Foote's book, the motivator is the sticker chart.
We've seen other sticker charts and they only have space for about 20 stickers or so. Although there are some children who are trained that quickly...most are not. This is a nice big chart that allows children time to develop their good bathroom habits.
Our son has enjoyed the "fireman" stickers and the other stickers with big boys to look up to. We're not at the end of our potty training journey yet, but before we got this sticker book...we had trouble getting our son motivated.
We're now at 5 poops and counting. Thank you Ms. Foote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy , did this motivate my grandson to be potty trained., September 12, 2005
J. Fisher (Prairie View,, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
My son expressed to me the difficulties he and his wife were having to motivate their 2 1/2 year old to be potty trained. I sent them this chart and the potty reward stickers, and my Grandson loves them. His parents showed him the chart and stickers and told him he could only use them after he used his potty. Shortly after that he came up to his Dad and said, "I want to go on the potty like a big boy." After he did, he ran out of the bathroom looking for his stickers. His parents are amazed how much this sticker book has motivated him to be potty trained.

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I expected, March 20, 2006
I bought this product hoping to motivate my son. However, in our case the stickers are far from motivation. The chart that comes with it has worked great with the addition of our own stickers. The stickers even bored me and he never wanted to put them on as a "reward". Once we started using other interesting , diverse stickers it has been a better success. I give it a "C". The chart is good if used with your own motivating stickers.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS WILL WORK !!, January 23, 2002
We were having trouble getting our 4-year-old son to consistently go potty. It was becoming contentious and our boy was getting self-conscious and embarrassed - this was not good... This no-frills, no-psycho-babble booklet is a perfect approach. It immediately became fun for our son. He was quickly proud of his successes. The potty training quickly lost any negative aspect in his mind. It became the highlight of his day and a source of pride. WITHIN ONE DAY HE WAS READY. ONLY 3 ACCIDENTS TO REPORT IN THE FIRST 3 WEEKS - INCLUDING OVERNIGHT !!! IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THE POTTY - BUY THIS BOOKLET!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great potty training tool, July 13, 2013
Chicago Mom (Chicago,IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Potty Reward Stickers for Boys: 126 Boy Potty Training Stickers and Chart to Motivate Toilet Training (Paperback)
These are great! My son loves them and they worked wonders when we were at a lull in potty training (going occasionally in potty, but not consistently). When we finished a row, my son got another reward (a new pair of undies). My only complaint is that there are just enough stickers to complete the chart and no extras. My son *really* wants to put the sticker on himself, but doesn't put it on the right spot, or would prefer to put it on himself or other places around the house. So sometimes when I am rewarding him I have to take the sticker book away to save if from destruction, which can be upsetting to him. I wish that an extra page or half page of stickers were provided so that the chart could be completed plus extra for whatever p the parent needs to do with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic Book, June 11, 2012
We had been working with my 2 year old since he was 1 1/2 and he had been doing really well at going pee in the potty. However, pooping was another issue and he downright refused. Once we got the potty book - we would give him 1 sticker for pee and 2 stickers for poop. Once he finished each row, he would get a reward (new book, ice cream cone, etc). Once he finished the page, he would get a bigger reward (i.e. trip to the zoo, movie, etc). By the time he was finished with the book he was completely potty trained - in a matter of 2 weeks. He was really excited to pick out the stickers and be a big boy. This just happened to coincide with the birth of his baby sister, which made mommy and daddy very happy parents. Would highly recommend!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool, November 19, 2007
When I first opened this item, I was a little disappointed. I think I was expecting something flashier. However, the simple format and bright stickers have turned out to be perfect as a tool to help motivate my son. He enjoys selecting a sticker and we write the date on top of the circle, so it's also helping me keep track of his progress.

Right now, I'm not concerned about whether he's actually accomplished the sticker achievements; if he wants the "washing hands" sticker for just sitting on his potty, he gets it. We just make a note. For older kids, I think the achievements on the stickers would be more important, but my son isn't quite 2 yet.

Overall a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, May 2, 2002
By A Customer
I agree with others - the stickers could be of better quality but nevertheless they are cute. I believe using this book was key in our potty-training success story. My 4 year old had NO interest in training. We got this book and hung it on the wall by the potty so every time he successfully used the potty or even tried, he would pick out his own sticker and put it on the circle of his choice. It was part of the routine - go to the potty, put a sticker in the book and what child doesn't love stickers. Before the book was filled with stickers, we have dry days AND nights, no more training pants and no accidents in months. SUCCESS! And now I'm buying a SECOND book for my 2 year old son who is now showing signs of interest in training too! Here we go again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Motivator, August 14, 2001
By A Customer
I was having trouble motivating my son to use the potty. He wasn't interested in candy or other rewards, but I gave the stickers a try and they are a big hit. We hung the chart in the bathroom so he can see his progress. Plus, he shows all our visitors all the stickers he has earned. I let him choose the sticker and he really enjoys seeing the little boys and the ones with toilet paper and sinks. When his dad gets home from work, he takes him by the hand to the bathroom to show how many stickers he has gotten that day. All in all, I think the stickers have helped us speed up this process.

Rate and Discover Movies