Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > My Spanish Coach - Nintendo DS forum

My Spanish Coach for advanced students?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2008 9:04:06 PM PST
T. Thiel says:
Is My Spanish Coach helpful for advanced students, say someone who has completed 3 years of Spanish but still needs to improve vocabulary?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 7:20:12 AM PST
I think it would still be helpful for cementing your vocabulary skills.

I have taken three years of French, so I bought the Spanish game. (I didn't know how beginner-oriented the game would be.) Now that I've completed through 4th grade in Spanish, I'm confident that I will get a lot out of buying the French one.

And vice versa for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 1:15:15 AM PST
C. Greening says:
I agree with Eve, probably good for the vocab, but not for much else.

I've been slightly disappointed by the product as I was hoping for more lessons - the product only has lessons on the present tense and the "going to..." construct for the future. Not much else is covered. I think they could have done a lot more but got bored with the work and went with the "Now you can learn all the words in the dictionary...".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2008 9:13:41 PM PST
It actually is helpful. I myself took 4 yrs of Spanish, i bought the game to keep me brushed up on my vocab and to continue my learning since my job kind of requires me to know a little bit of spanish.

It takes you through a test when you first start the game which places you in the correct beginning level. You can go back and review the lessons that you skipped, as well as any that you have already passed.

I enjoy the game myself, and i think that it really helps to expand and practice your vocab!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2008 8:52:18 PM PST
T. Thiel says:
I did buy My Spanish Coach and am finding it to be a good review, but it has taken me hours to get to a level (fifth grade) where there are any words I don't already know. Maybe now I can start to learn something. It is too bad there isn't a more advanced test to allow more advanced students to skip ahead to more advanced words. The good thing is that it has been fun and a good review, so I don't feel like it was a waste of time. I am glad I bought it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 9:02:32 AM PST
N. Meneses says:
There is a Spanish Coach 2 for intermediate students and also you could sources the Word Coach in spanish instead of english to build your vocabulary

Posted on May 23, 2010 1:19:46 PM PDT
pdRydia says:
As a note, "My Spanish Coach Level 2: Intermediate" is a game that was only released in Europe. It will play on a North American DS just fine, but you'd have to import it from a site that allows shipping to the U.S. (NB: not amazon.co.uk, which disallows shipping video games to the U.S., probably for legal reasons). Ebay.com and Ebay.co.uk are two places to look, and www.foogle.co.uk will give you a list of sellers.

I didn't know My Word Coach could be played in Spanish. Is this the North American or European version? Do you need to change your DS language settings first, or is it an in-game menu option?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2008
Latest post:  May 23, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about