5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best.
Published on August 6, 2010 by David Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Extensive?
Published on January 11, 2011 by E. Staley

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best., August 6, 2010
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
For the last several years, I have studied near death experiences. There have been many fine books which have helped me understand more about what heaven and hell are like. Of all I've read on heaven, this is one of the best. I've given out 5 copies and every person who has read it has also said it's one of the best books they've read about heaven. You will love this book. I think every person should read it to get a greater excitement about Our future home.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Holy Experience, August 6, 2011
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
Reading this book the first time was a holy experience for me ~ it took me to a place I can't wait to visit again. I shared my copy with a friend and immediately ordered a new one!

In the meantime I read the 'daughter-in-law' review and was disheartened. I questioned whether or not to share this book based on that review (from someone who has never read the book) and I decided ABSOLUTELY!

I will not know in this lifetime if the author embellished the story. And honestly I don't care. This book opens the gates of heaven, brings Jesus front and center and makes you want to live your life on this Earth for God.

If you want to see heaven in a way that most of us could never imagine ~ I HIGHLY recommend it! If you want to become more conscious of how much Jesus loves us ~ I HIGHLY recommend it! If you want to become more aware and be inspired to start living your life for God's glory ~ I HIGHLY recommend it!

I just finished reading this book again and I LOVE IT! Any book that brings you closer to the heart of God, that brings you comfort about dying, that comforts you when you've lost a loved one, that encourages and inspires you to live a better life on this earth ~ that's a book worth reading!

I can't wait for that sweet someday ... and if it's even half as fabulous as this book paints ... it'll SOOOO be worth the wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ THIS BOOK!!!, January 13, 2010
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
I HIGHLY recommend this book. We are friends of the author and his wife. Everything he writes in this book is true. He is a humble man of God and is used by God to minister to people daily for healing, or wisdom and insight in their lives. I read his first book, "A Place Called Heaven" and this one goes even further and it has testimonies from people who experienced healing or witnessed a healing. Our son's story would have been in the book but it wasn't written up in time for the first printing. This is what happened to him... Our son had a serious back injury at work in 2005 which hindered him from working and kept him in pain most of the time. He had back surgery which didn't work and the doctor told him he would need another surgery and couldn't promise its' success either. We drove to Iowa to visit the Sigmunds in late Sept. of 2008 and during the time Richard was praying for our son in the hotel room, he was miraculously healed! He was able to pick up my husband out of his chair right then! He is STILL healed over one year later and back to working. We are SO thankful to God for this. Well, this book is a wonderful portrayal of all that Richard saw when he was dead for 8 hours and experienced the glory of Heaven and the terror of hell. Please read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Time In Heaven, October 21, 2010
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
This book confirmed my thoughts about Heaven and other books I've read with regard to similar experiences. I lost my 30 year old son last year and this book comforted and encouraged my heart. I can't wait for our final reunion for all eternity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading and Sharing with Others, May 9, 2011
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
This is by far the best first-hand experience book on Heaven that I've ever read. I've read 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper which was very good. However, Mr. Sigmund was in heaven for 8 hours and explains his experiences with such vivid recall that the two books can hardly be compared except to say that Mr. Piper's book was an appetizer and Mr. Sigmund's book was a 5-course meal. This book is not to be missed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, August 11, 2010
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
In short, Mr. Sigmund does an excellent job of describing the undescribable. He was given a heavenly tour, and the book is a real page turner from start to finish. Knowing a bit more about what Christians can expect up in heaven make the little troubles in life here on earth much less significant. I know there may be skeptics out there, just as there are people who refuse to accept Jesus as the only way of getting to heaven. Without any question, I believe every word of this book. It is so thought provoking that I intend to read it again and would highly recommend it to anyone who is studying heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, April 21, 2012
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
I highly recommend this uplifting book. It has lots of intriguing detail on what heaven is like. God is so good!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Extensive?, January 11, 2011
E. Staley (Bullhead City, Az United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
When I compared My Time in Heaven with other chronicles of individuals' visits to heaven, the major difference I found was the extensive touring of heaven that this author was allowed. In that sense, I found the details of his visit hard to accept. I am not saying he did not visit heaven, only that what he felt was revealed to him seems so far beyond what has been revealed to others as to be a sensationalized account of heaven. I'm afraid I am left to question if he has inadvertently embellished his facts.

Beyond those concerns, this book provides a detailed look into the structures, community and unique physical laws of heaven. If you have been wanting an indepth peak, here it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heavenly Book - not to be missed!, October 25, 2010
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
This book is a first-hand account of a very spiritual man who passed through the veil and came back to tell all of us about it to help us live so that we can enjoy the fullness of God's plan for our lives. I loved this book and thank Richard and Jesus Christ and my heavenly Father for bringing it into my life. If you want a new understanding of heaven that awaits (and also hell for those who choose to reject God), pick up, read and enjoy this book. It has changed my life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time..., August 12, 2011
This review is from: My Time In Heaven (Paperback)
I was in a Christian book store looking for books on spirituality, and I came across "My Time In Heaven - A True Story of Dying... And Coming Back". I realized that it wouldn't qualify as spiritual fiction based on the title, however I was curious and wanted to read it, as I had recently read and reviewed "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven". After I read it, I had changed my mind and I feel that it is a spiritual fiction book, unless the author has some other information that he has not included in his book.

"My Time In Heaven" is written by Richard Sigmund, a preacher, minister or pastor (I'm not sure of his title, or what he prefers to be addressed as) and it relates his experiences after he was killed in a car accident in 1974. Mr. Sigmund states that he was pronounced dead after the accident, and remained that way for over eight hours. He awoke as he was being wheeled to the morgue, sat up and said "I ain't dead yet". He writes in the introduction to his book "I could feel my bones knitting together. I could feel the scars healing while I sat up. And I breathed and spoke."

I have never met Richard Sigmund, and I have no reason to believe that he doesn't believe what he says happened to him. There is no way for me, or anyone else, to prove or disprove his claims as to what he saw in Heaven while he was there. I am giving you my opinion of his book, plain and simple, and I will let you judge for yourself if you wish to read it. The impression I got when I read it was that anyone with a sufficient knowledge of the Bible could "experience" what Mr. Sigmund experienced.

The book initially (very briefly) relates the accident that Mr. Sigmund was involved in. I have no doubt that he was in an accident and that he suffered extensive injuries, as this could easily be checked out (I took him at his word, and for that reason did not bother to check). One of my concerns is that this happened in 1974, yet his book wasn't published (or at least copyrighted) until 2004. This means that 30 years have passed, and I would think that someone who had been dead for eight hours and then sat up would have garnered international attention immediately. There are also no collaborating statements from any doctors, nurses, hospital personnel or anyone else in the book to verify his claim. I admit that because of this, I was skeptical right from the beginning.

As you continue to read, the book takes you immediately into his journey through Heaven. He describes meeting God and Jesus, castles, angels, roads, lakes, mountains, libraries, temples, trees, rivers, etc. and all manner of beautiful and wondrous creations and places. For practically every description, and at the beginning of each chapter, a scripture verse from the Bible is quoted to "authenticate" what he saw. Again, it would be fairly simple for someone who has knowledge of the Bible to "see" something that has already been described for them, and millions of others. Especially if you had 30 years to research it and get it right.

After the description of Mr. Sigmund's time in Heaven, he is back in the hospital. There are doctors and nurses around, and people are weeping. This takes less than half of a page in the book, and there are no doctors' or nurses' names given, the name of the hospital isn't mentioned - nothing that you would expect after such a medical miracle. These are the actual quotes of who speaks in the book at this point - "I heard a voice say", "Someone hollered", "I remember a doctor coming in and saying", "Other doctors and nurses came in", "Doctors said". If I wanted people to believe that I had just returned from Heaven, I think I would have recorded a few names over the next few days, especially if I wanted to prove that I had been dead, and was now alive.

After the main story, there are stories and "Testimonies of Salvation, Healing and Deliverance through the Ministry of Richard Sigmund". A few are from other ministers, although the majority of them are from regular lay people. Most of these people give their full name, although there are two that give a first name and initial only, one is only a first initial and one is anonymous. I have no comment on their validity, however I am truly glad that they have been helped through prayer and faith. If the author was able to help them in any way, God bless him.

There are also almost thirty pages of "Select Scriptures" at the end of the book. It seems that their purpose is to support the author and to provide evidence that what he saw in Heaven was real. In my opinion, if I found something that was written hundreds of years ago, and then come to you and say I just saw that exact same thing, I would probably need to provide some proof to convince you. "I told you so" doesn't cut it for me when you are writing "A True Story of Dying... And Coming Back". These pages of scripture do make it appear that you are purchasing a larger book, which is the only purpose they serve.

The only reason I would recommend this book would be if you have read similar books of "near death experiences" (even though this is a claim of "full death experienced") and wanted to make a comparison. There are also recommendations in the book from other television evangelists and authors, and if you support that type of ministry, this book may appeal to you. My intention is not to discredit Mr. Sigmund, as I believe he believes that what he experienced was, in fact, reality. My assertion is that there is insufficient proof to validate his experience, and perhaps a second book with actual medical facts, records and testimony would remove some of the fiction from his spiritual book.

Laughter and love,

Rick Fess

My Time In Heaven
My Time In Heaven by Richard Sigmund (Paperback - December 14, 2009)
$12.99 $10.37