Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: HardcoverChange

on April 24, 2003
"Rotten Luck! My truck is stuck!"
Colorful & rhyming. Two dogs driving a loaded truck on a desert road, get driven into a hole! They ask travelers traveling in a car, Movers in a van & a school bus for help! but the truck wont go! Until the tow truck arrives to rescue the day. My 3 year old son just loves it. A must for your home library.
0Comment40 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2005
We LOVE this book. It is an account of a dump truck which gets stuck in a hole, and all the vehicles which try to get it out. The twist: the truck is driven by a dog and carries a load of bones. Praire dogs have dug the hole in order to steal the bones, which they procede to do as the driver and helper vehicles, and text, all focus on getting the truck out of the hole. So the truck eventually gets out but the bones are gone! The text rhymes, the pictures are fantastic, the story is funny (at least both myself, my husband, my 5 year old daughter who isn't even into trucks, and my 3 year old son think so)and of course it's full of trucks and cars. Guarenteed to delight toddlers and preschoolers who like things that go, and their parents.
0Comment36 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2004
This book is so funny. My 3 yr old has a good sense of humor and loves that this Truck got stuck in a pothole that is dug out by some very naughty ground hogs. Even funnier the truck is carrying bones. And as the truck driver stops several vehicles to help pull him out the naughty ground hogs are carrying away the bones. Finally, a tow truck arrives to save the day. "Help!!! My Truck is Stuck!". My husband loves reading this book to my son. Great illustrations and several colorful vehicles make this a great book for even a very young child.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2003
Concerned that our two year old was never going to slow down to listen to a story, we ordered this book because it was about a subject near and dear to his heart...trucks. My husband and I were instantly impressed by the bold, colorful illustrations. We opened the book and started reading it and our son stopped what he was doing to come sit and listen and look. After only two readings, he repeats many of the rhyming lines as he flips through the book on his own and asks us to read the book every night now. This book has it all, rhyme, reinforcement of numbers, great pictures, a subject matter that is of special interest to most boys (though I think girls could love it too), and the neatest part is that the illustrations tell a story that the words do not point out. I love the fact that this allows you to talk with your child about why the truck got stuck. This is truly a neat book and I think Lewis and Kirk deserve an award for this one. Can't wait to get Chugga Chugga Choo Choo.
on August 9, 2006
My son, almost 3 now, has been helping us read this book to him for most of the past year now. He loves to count the vehicles and pick out the details-like the dog blowing bubbles. It has been his favorite book since the day we got it. I recommend this book to anyone with a little boy who likes his trucks.
on January 25, 2012
I purchased this book 6 1/2 years ago for my first son! It has gone through 3 children and it was a favorite for all of them! What a brilliant book! It is now starting to fall apart (after reading it over 1000 times I'm sure) and I want to replace it!! We still read it at least a couple of times a week. It never gets boring!
on June 16, 2006
I got this book because we have Chugga Chugga Choo Choo! It has become one of my son's favorite. It is a fun book to read and my 3 year old son already had parts memorized by the first reading. You can help but enjoy reading this book aloud. It is a fun book for all ages.
on January 28, 2006
This is a very cute book. My 2 year old son loves it and we read it just about every night. It has wonderful pictures that keep his attention and the story that little boys find exciting - My truck is stuck!
on April 17, 2003
I concur with my neighbor in Johnston (RI). My two year old has loved this book ever since he was one. It was his first book and he quickly developed an insatiable appetite for it, asking us to read in four, five, six times consecutively. Admittedly, I grew tired of it after the first 9000 times but I only recently figured it out what REALLY happened. Kudos to Kevin Lewis and Daniel Kirk on a job well done. The illustrations are vivid and delightful. The story is a compelling journey counting from one to five. I wish Lewis and Kirk the best on the expedition together and highly recommend their masterpiece, My Truck Is Stuck.
on August 16, 2013
I ordered the book based on recommendations found here. My grandson loves to be read to and at 2 1/2, loves trucks. He has by now memorized parts of the book and speaks them out loud as he's being read to. We read this book over and over. To me, that is a very high recommendation! Personally, I found some of the phrasing a bit awkward at first. I do love the illustrations and the little back story of the prairie dogs creating the hole for the truck and then running away with the bones (which he did not pick up). The illustrations are bright and colorful and the rhyming holds the attention.