Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My Truck Is Stuck!
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Board book|Change

on April 24, 2003
"Rotten Luck! My truck is stuck!"
Colorful & rhyming. Two dogs driving a loaded truck on a desert road, get driven into a hole! They ask travelers traveling in a car, Movers in a van & a school bus for help! but the truck wont go! Until the tow truck arrives to rescue the day. My 3 year old son just loves it. A must for your home library.
on November 20, 2005
We LOVE this book. It is an account of a dump truck which gets stuck in a hole, and all the vehicles which try to get it out. The twist: the truck is driven by a dog and carries a load of bones. Praire dogs have dug the hole in order to steal the bones, which they procede to do as the driver and helper vehicles, and text, all focus on getting the truck out of the hole. So the truck eventually gets out but the bones are gone! The text rhymes, the pictures are fantastic, the story is funny (at least both myself, my husband, my 5 year old daughter who isn't even into trucks, and my 3 year old son think so)and of course it's full of trucks and cars. Guarenteed to delight toddlers and preschoolers who like things that go, and their parents.
on August 10, 2004
This book is so funny. My 3 yr old has a good sense of humor and loves that this Truck got stuck in a pothole that is dug out by some very naughty ground hogs. Even funnier the truck is carrying bones. And as the truck driver stops several vehicles to help pull him out the naughty ground hogs are carrying away the bones. Finally, a tow truck arrives to save the day. "Help!!! My Truck is Stuck!". My husband loves reading this book to my son. Great illustrations and several colorful vehicles make this a great book for even a very young child.
on August 9, 2006
My son, almost 3 now, has been helping us read this book to him for most of the past year now. He loves to count the vehicles and pick out the details-like the dog blowing bubbles. It has been his favorite book since the day we got it. I recommend this book to anyone with a little boy who likes his trucks.
on September 28, 2003
Concerned that our two year old was never going to slow down to listen to a story, we ordered this book because it was about a subject near and dear to his heart...trucks. My husband and I were instantly impressed by the bold, colorful illustrations. We opened the book and started reading it and our son stopped what he was doing to come sit and listen and look. After only two readings, he repeats many of the rhyming lines as he flips through the book on his own and asks us to read the book every night now. This book has it all, rhyme, reinforcement of numbers, great pictures, a subject matter that is of special interest to most boys (though I think girls could love it too), and the neatest part is that the illustrations tell a story that the words do not point out. I love the fact that this allows you to talk with your child about why the truck got stuck. This is truly a neat book and I think Lewis and Kirk deserve an award for this one. Can't wait to get Chugga Chugga Choo Choo.
on January 25, 2012
I purchased this book 6 1/2 years ago for my first son! It has gone through 3 children and it was a favorite for all of them! What a brilliant book! It is now starting to fall apart (after reading it over 1000 times I'm sure) and I want to replace it!! We still read it at least a couple of times a week. It never gets boring!
on March 15, 2014
We have read it over and over and over and over again. Our two year old grandson keeps saying "gain", so we all giggle and read it once more. It is hysterical to watch him play with his real little trucks and exclaim, "My truck is stuck"!!!!! I highly recommend this book above most others for little trucker enthusiasts.
on August 16, 2013
I ordered the book based on recommendations found here. My grandson loves to be read to and at 2 1/2, loves trucks. He has by now memorized parts of the book and speaks them out loud as he's being read to. We read this book over and over. To me, that is a very high recommendation! Personally, I found some of the phrasing a bit awkward at first. I do love the illustrations and the little back story of the prairie dogs creating the hole for the truck and then running away with the bones (which he did not pick up). The illustrations are bright and colorful and the rhyming holds the attention.
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2016
This has quickly become my almost 3 year old son's favorite book. To say he is obsessed with trucks is an understatement! We read it (multiple times) every night before bed to the point where he has it memorized! The best part about this book - he loves to talk about all the different trucks and name them off. And he loves to announce how he's counting as he reads it.
on January 7, 2015
I bought this to read to my 2.5yr old son. He is obsessed with making his trucks get stuck and then having to tow them out. As much as I'd love to give it glowing reviews, I can't! I gave it 4/5 stars because my son enjoys it - but it's never his first choice. Don't get me wrong, it's not an awful book. I just prefer not to read it. After the first few pages, every other page is the same line, "Help! Please Help! Does anyone know how to make my stuck truck go?" and "Rotten luck. Can't go. My truck is stuck." Wasn't there something better they could have substituted for those lines. Fine, repeat it. I get that kids like repetition, but come on!

On the bright side, the story does help with counting. Each time someone new stops to help, the book says how many cars are now trying to tow the truck out. It shows that working together is beneficial. It has an underlying story in the illustrations showing that the truck was sabotaged in order for the prairie dogs to steel its load.