5.0 out of 5 stars My Two Dads The Complete Second Season, March 29, 2010
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
Shout! Factory continues with their release of this funny 80's sitcom with The Complete Second Season. What makes this release different than their first season release, is that this is an online exclusive. As with other less popular retail titles like Mr Belvedere Season Four and Room 222 Season Two, My Two Dads The Complete Second season is only available though Shout! Factory's website and private marketplace sellers on amazon and ebay.

This set is a barebones set, but the episode are complete. Some have the NBC logos and commercial bumpers included in the episodes themselves. No music is replaced and there are a few songs heard this season which remain intact on the DVD. The video is clear as well as the audio. There were only 16 episodes produced for the second season, and they are spread out on three discs. The menus are pretty similar to the first set and have an 80's-ish feel to them. The show continues to bring us laughs in its second season. Guest stars include Chad Allen, Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits), Davy Jones (The Monkees), Willie Mays and none other than Richard Moll as Bull who bodyguards Judge Wilbur in a crossover episode. With only one more season to go, if enough fans buy this set hopefully Shout! Factory can release the final set sometime soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great '80s sitcom!, June 28, 2010
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
After the death of her mother, 12-year-old Nicole Bradford (Staci Keanan) was sent to live with two men - conservative Michael (Paul Reiser) and free-spirited Joey (Greg Evignan), either of whom could be her biological father.

As much of Season 1 focused upon the new family's adjustment to one another, Season 2 finds Nicole, now 14, navigating many of the typical teenage coming-of-age dilemmas, such as peer pressure, boys, and school activities. Meanwhile, her single dads are also enmeshed in their own dating woes, as well as embarking on a new career helping manage a financial magazine.

Supporting cast includes Florence Stanley as the dry-witted Judge Margaret Wilbur, Dick Butkus as diner owner Ed Klawicki, and Amy Hathaway and Von Ribisi as Nicole's friends Shelby and Corey.

Davy Jones of The Monkees guest stars as Joey's musician friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this title, October 1, 2010
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
This was a fun show to watch and I am so happy it finally came out on DVD. It is unfortunate that so many of the follow-up seasons for shows come out in a different format, or more limited availability, but this was a good set anyway. I remember some of the episodes of the show from its original run and it is fun to be able to revisit the show as it is so much better than some of the current shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sweet and Very Funny Comedy Series, September 8, 2010
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
I completely enjoyed watching the second season of "My Two Dads". I've also watched the first season, and find that this show is just something that is very enjoyable and entertaining to watch even though the story premise takes place a couple decades ago. The entire cast is well-suited with one another and the story lines are handled in a way that I wish more shows today still did. The problems of kids growing up, of parents (be they single or not) still remain the same no matter what decade they take place in. Joey and Michael are such a good balance of character, and although their morals are depicted as slightly different from each other, they always blend into the good and common interest of Nicole. The show's serious moments are often sprinkled with a great comedy that adds the kind of lightness that could help us all in reality. Every person in this serious adds their own special talent to the stories of each episode, and the acting is superb. A truly great show! My only negative comment would be that it takes so very long for each season to come out. And that is not good as it would be best to be able to watch each season in a more relatively timely fashion.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Two Dads - Season 2, June 3, 2014
Beth A. Essington (San Fernando Valley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
I've been hoping this series would come out on DVD, as I was disappointed when it ended. I was able to find all the shows on DVD's from Amazon and have been having fun watching them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative and Hysterically Funny, November 7, 2013
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
This show is brilliant. Greg Evigan and Paul Reiser were genius in these rolls. Even better than I remember. I hope the 3rd and final season will come to DVD soon. Get ready to laugh up a storm. Sweet, funny and really creative. Worth every penny. This is in my DVD collection and I am thrilled to have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great old show, July 7, 2013
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
I wish they would get the entire series on dvd, I get so sick of these stupid music companies stopping great shows from getting on DVD because they are too greedy. With modern tv in the sad reality slump it is in, Old shows like this make life better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 24, 2013
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
One of my favourite shows as a teen. I really hope they bring out the last season so I will be able to have the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Two Dads, February 8, 2012
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
I look forward to seeing this DVD. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet though. Thanks again for the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, June 1, 2011
This review is from: My Two Dads: Season 2 (DVD)
I love the show, and wish they never cancel it. It is a family show for the whole family to enjoy. It is close to real life.

My Two Dads: Season 2