5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book
hello this is a very great book i couldn't put it down.I just finshed it and it was terific!
Published on December 17, 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad example for kids
Bought this book because it looked cute and fun, but became disappointed right away. I had to edit it as I read to my son. Every page has the word "dumb." It is full of insults and name-calling and shows lots of disrespect to adults. Not a good example for young kids.
Published 21 months ago by DW

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad example for kids, March 30, 2013
This review is from: My Weird School #5: Miss Small Is off the Wall! (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible language, July 9, 2014
Terrible language! Every chapter is littered with words like "dumb" "shut up" and "stupid," I understand kids will say these words but they are used so excessively the kids in the story come off as disrespectful and bratty. Also, there are a lot of references to hurting one of the little girls, the main boy can't wait to "wham her in the head" with a dodgeball and "wishes a backboard would crush her." Very disturbing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Choice for Young Impressionable Readers, August 13, 2014
The author of this trash is clearly trying very hard to relate to young boys, so much that he can't resist indulging himself in every boyhood stereotype he can exploit. According to just the first ten pages of this book, school is stupid, boys love sports, girls are stupid (particularly about sports), and when you call your peers names and make them cry, it's their own problem and you needn't apologize for it. Don't be misled by the book's cute title; your children deserve better than Mr. Gutman's pandering.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book, December 17, 2005
A Kid's Review

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2nd and 3rd graders loved it, February 12, 2013
I've been reading this series to my kids before bed. Both kids are reluctant readers. My daughter, a total athlete, particularly enjoyed this one. My son has enjoyed them all. In fact one of these, Ms. Sunny is Funny, is the first book my daughter has EVER read voluntarily.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are Funny, February 11, 2013
My grand daughter who is seven just loves these books. She is reading the whole series. She thinks they are very funny.I am just glad she is reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, January 1, 2013
My daughter giggles when she reads these books! She is completely enjoying these. We will definitely be reading the next series.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is enjoying this book series after he finish ..., August 21, 2014
My son is enjoying this book series after he finish one book he's eager to get to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series of books..., June 16, 2012
My students are ESE/EBD; grades 3, 4 & 5. They love these chapter books. The chapters are short, manageable, and simplistic verbage. It is a great starter series for students learning to read a chapter book. They have great pictures and are easy to understand. I have purchased 3 and plan on adding to the series....price is affordable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 30, 2007
Great series for kids just starting to read chapter books. The books are appropriate for both boys and girls. My daughter is 8 and she is now up to book 13. This writer is great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Weird School #5: Miss Small Is off the Wall!
My Weird School #5: Miss Small Is off the Wall! by Dan Gutman (Paperback - January 4, 2005)
$4.99