My Word - Fast Flipping Word Fun
|Price:||$7.94 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.01 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- THE OBJECT: As letter cards are played, keep your eye out for words that form--be the first to call out a word and collect the cards. Player with the most cards at the end wins!
- FUN FOR ALL: 2-6 players; ages 7 to adult
- FAST-PACED AND INTERACTIVE: 10-30 minutes per game, easy to modify speed depending on dealer's pace
- EDUCATIONAL: New readers can hone their phonological skills as they blend sounds and build words from the letter cards on the table; experienced readers use their quick minds to do the same! Practice with single vowels, consonants, and common 2-letter blends and vowel/consonant pairs.
- Includes 73 letter cards (55 single letter cards, 15 double letter cards, 3 wild cards), game rules
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The verdict? It was a great, great game in my classes. With my friends, however, it did not do so well. Some liked it, some didn't, but it hasn't been asked for since. Allow me to discuss the game a little more, starting with how it's played...
My Word consists only of a deck of fifty-six cards. It's also helpful to have a scrap of paper and pencil to track each player's score. The deck of cards is made up of thirty-nine cards that have one letter on them. The cards are divided into two, with the letter written on them from both directions, so that players on both sides of the table can easily read the card. Fourteen cards are similar, but have pairs of letters on them, such as "IT", or "SH". The remaining three cards have question marks on them - two with a single question mark, and one with two question marks. They are used as wild cards. One player is chosen to be the dealer, and then each player takes a turn after in clockwise order.
On a turn, the dealer takes deck of cards and shuffles it, then begins to place cards face up on the table. The dealer can place the cards anywhere they choose and at any speed they desire. As the dealer lays out cards, players search the cards to see if they can find any words amongst the letters on the table. Words must be formed from three or more cards, must be able to be found in a standard dictionary, and can be formed in any order.Read more ›
The rounds go really quickly, which is a big advantage whenever you're playing with kids (or many adults, including me!). And the rules are so simple that there is really no ramp-up time.
All in all, I'm very pleased I got this game. I'll have to play it with my adult friends to see if they like it; I'm unsure how well it will work with grown-ups.