Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2012 9:03:20 AM PDT
AMJ4Life says:
I want to let everyone know that I am not complaining about the prices of the Kindle books, as I am willing to pay for a book that I want to read. I just want to say that I have been wanting to read the Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy, and have been waiting for the trilogy pack to come out as I figured I would be able to save a little bit of money by buying all three in a bundle. Well, I did the math, and buying the Trilogy pack cost 2 cents more than buying each book individually. I guess I will be buying each book individually. I am not complaining about 2 cents, but just thought it was an interesting observation.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:52:47 AM PDT
Glo Vazquez says:
SAVE YR MONEY THIS BOOK IS JUST TRASH AT BEST!

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 8:06:10 AM PDT
Gloria says:
some one should write to the author and get price reduced

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:53:30 AM PDT
Liz says:
I agree!!!! I mean the least they could do we be to take a couple dollar off for buying all three. I mean what if you don't like the first one? I will be buying them separately, saving the 2 cents and if i don't like the first one i won't be out the extra cash! Not sure why these books cost $10 anyways, since there is pretty much zero cost associated with them, as opposed to paperback. I would sure appreciate all ebooks to be priced in the $5-$6 or less as i think that appropriate reflects margins. The companies are making way more margins on the ebooks than on paperback. Don't punish me for having a kindle!

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:10:24 PM PDT
AMJ4Life says:
I agree with Liz. I ended up purchasing book one and I guess if I don't like it, I'm not out a whole lot of money. I definitely think that the price needs to be reduced, but I guess they are suckering in the people who think they are getting a deal by buying the trilogy pack!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 9:40:26 PM PDT
I was so excited to get my kindle and now beging to feel cheated with the costs of the books. Not so much in a hurry to order these books like I was hoping.

Posted on May 9, 2012 6:09:16 AM PDT
AMJ4Life says:
You can look at that a few different ways. One thing about having the kindle is your whole library is with you at all times. Also, look at all the free books out there. There are thousands of them everyday. There are a ton of books for 3-5 dollars all the time. I have puchased and read several of the free or very low priced books, and they are actually pretty good. So, look at the kindle as an investment as an opportunity to read books from authors you probably wouldn't have given a chance because their books are free or low priced. That's how I look at it anyway. Hope this changes your mind on your investment. Once you start reading with the kindle more, you probably won't want to lug around and hold books as you are reading.

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:25:56 PM PDT
yep! i didn't do the math, and was sure i was getting a break by buying the trilogy together... i'm usually more careful than this! i have just heard sooo much about this trilogy, i had to read it myself. what a dumbass i am, for not paying attention to the price. SUCKER! is now stamped on my forehead...but you can believe me when i say, it won't happen twice! haven't read it yet, so don't spoil for me if you answer this venting session!

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:13:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 11, 2012 2:49:05 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 9:18:00 AM PDT
Well, I didn't buy the book; downloaded from our local library. Waited 6 weeks, now I know why the waiting list for the second and third books is so short. I have a hard time as to why these books were published in the first place. They don't have much of a plot. Anastasia's choice to have her first sexual experiance with a man she just met really doesn't do much for her character. She goes from a virgin to a slut in one day. The bottom line is don't waste your time or money reading these. If this is the first writing experience for Ms James, that might explain some of the writing style, but what about the editor and publisher? Shame on them for pushing this garbage on the american readers.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 7:44:36 AM PDT
Rp Minter says:
Yes I agree with those complaining about Amazon prices being generally too darn HIGH. This is the digital age, and further more my contribution to help save this planet....DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Shame on you AMAZON, make the connection! Please! Regards Richard Minter, South Africa.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 8:14:49 AM PDT
O. Rivera says:
I will be purchasing the trilogy in the near future. I read the first book and I loved it. I put a hold on the library and am currently on the waiting lists for the next two books. R.A.M for you to say that she went to a slut in one day is your opinion. I think that men should read this book to get an idea as to what women like. Most men don't have a clue. In my opinion, I think every woman has an inner slut in them. I also think that maybe they are afraid of rejection from their significant other which is why they don't say anything about it. I you believe that the price is too high - Don't purchase it! You can easily request it from the library for FREE.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 8:38:01 AM PDT
I agree with you 100%.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:09:28 AM PST
M. Meyer says:
I too watch what I spend to download books to my Kindle like everyone else, and my jaw dropped when I seen what was wanted to dowload the trilogy package...so I downloaded each individual book and read, and read, and read some more. If you don't want to pay the price-don't, wait to borrow the paperback from someone. It's your choice! I really like this series of books, I think E.L.James is a good writer, and I think she has touched a few raw nerves in this series of books, things we as women never really wanted to admit out loud, I think we all have alittle bit of kinky inside, its just how you chose to let it out.....or not.

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 6:54:04 AM PST
M. Stewart says:
what does (Vintage) mean? Is this book altered?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle: Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle: Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed by E L James
4.4 out of 5 stars   (12,920)