5.0 out of 5 stars Great game from a parent's point of view
Published on October 2, 2009 by C. Spagnuolo

2.0 out of 5 stars 15 hours
15 hours. I know that I can blow through puzzle solvers very quickly, but ... /sigh.

You run around talking to people for the most part. There are actual puzzles to solve, but once you get the hang of the drag and drop system they're pretty easy.

Published on October 18, 2009 by Brian C. Petery

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game from a parent's point of view, October 2, 2009
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Overall we give EA MySims Agents 5 out of 5 fun game play, a great story line, challenging puzzles, and good interactivity. We love the fact that it is so well suited for younger kids, encourages reading, reading comprehension, deductive reasoning, and problem solving. We would highly recommend this game for Wii owners with children over 6 years old. And oh, by the way, it wasn't just the kids who loved the game. We've been having a great time playing it too!

We did a full, in-depth review of this game at our blog and it's all from a mom's perspective (well, mostly). Check it out here: [...]

2.0 out of 5 stars 15 hours, October 18, 2009
Brian C. Petery (The Night, The City.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)

There are also "Dispatch Missions." *You are not directly involved in the Dispatch Missions.* You assign NPCs to solve the mission for you. Each takes a certain amount of time, and every few minutes you get a text message from the people you assigned to a mission. I'll not go into detail, but you do have to have all of them solved for you to finish the game.

The last thing you do in the game is wait for the last dispatch mission to be solved. You can run around and look for "easter eggs" while you wait. Nuthin' like not being directly involved in the climax of a game to give you that disappointed feeling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Babyish, October 3, 2009
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I thought this game was going to be fun for kids of all ages but it is not at all. The controls are very simple which can be good in some cases but they dont include the wii motion controls whatsoever. THe graphics of this game are good for the wii, nothing special but what really bummed me was the lack of replay value. Once you are done with the game. (which happens to be in three days) you are done, thats it no unlockables

3.0 out of 5 stars Too fun Too fast, October 29, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My 7 year old and I really loved this game. THe characters are cute, the tasks are easy, but still fun. The graphics were great. THe only problem was, the game only lasted 10 hours for me and 12 for my daughter. The cases were cute, but too easy, and there were only maybe 10 major cases (that's a guess), lasting about 5-10 minutes each. The other "dispatch missions" were only where you sent other sims to do it and you would get annoying texts. Another reviewer said you had to do all the dipatch missions to beat the game, but that's not true. I breat the game and hadn't even done half the dispatch ones. All they do is give you outfits, trophy's, or decorations for the office. BUt i only did maybe 12 of those and got annoyed with the constant texts everytime i was trying to solve a puzzle., Overall it's cute and fun, but I would rent instead of buying, you can beat in 3 days flat, 2 if you're a stay at home mom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family, November 3, 2009
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My son loves playing on the Wii. I love point-and-click adventures and mysteries. This game combines both of our preferences in a cute, entertaining way. I'd worried at first that the mysteries and "dispatch missions" would be too difficult for my 9 y/o, but he picked up on the clues easily. Interestingly, I've seen his inductive and deductive logic improve in the process. Me? I just think the Sim Agents are adorable, yet I find the play is interesting enough to keep me entertained, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Over too soon, October 5, 2009
Orangeblossom (Reddick, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This game was great fun for my 9yo son.

The only problem was the disappointment once the case was solved. It happened much more quickly than we had anticipated. As another reviewer said, it was about 3 days.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Lacking, January 17, 2010
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I got this game for my kids for Christmas and they loved playing it . . . while it lasted. The amount of time it takes to defeat this game is very, very short. Even my non reader has blown through the game, he is on his second time through. He went through the game the first time in about 25 hours.

The game play itself is cute and fun. It is enjoyable to play but you would be better off renting the game from a video store rather than purchasing it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, but MUST BE A GOOD READER, January 1, 2010
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
"Santa" brought this game to my six year old boy. He wanted this game sooooooooooo badly, however he cannot read yet and you absolutely cannot play this game if you can't read, or can't read well. I was sad for him since he cannot play it now, however my 13 year old girl loves it. It's one of her favorite games! Bottom line...fun game, but I would not purchase it for someone who cannot read well, or who doesn't want to read while playing.

3.0 out of 5 stars My Sims Agents is fun but hard for a 7 and 10 year old., January 10, 2010
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My Sims Agents is fun but hard for a 7 and a 10 year old boy. There is a lot of reading required to get clues and the clues are sometimes difficult to figure out. The game only allows one player at a time and my grandsons enjoy games that they can actively play together. My 10 year old grandson said that he would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys reading, mysteries and challenging games.

4.0 out of 5 stars "My Sim" is a Secret Agent! (by Laura), December 31, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
*tomatoed over pun* Building and decorating take a back seat in this oddly unique edition to the "My Sims" series. Indeed, it's not quite what I was expecting: which was another "building block" type of game with a spy story attached. Though such elements do still exist, it's only necessary for the powering of your team (meaning you don't do it that often); THIS game is actually all about detective work! Think of a more basic version of Nancy Drew. In rating:

Story 10/10: The story is great! Though I haven't completed it yet, it's interesting, and flows well from point A to point B. You start off as a beginner detective, solving simple neighborhood crimes, with your office being a table in Chef Gino's pizza restaurant. You customize your own Sim's appearance and identity, and your "partner" is Buddy, who draws absolutely everything (I guess it beats being a bell hop, like he was in the first "My Sims" game). I use the term "partner" loosely, because he's mostly for comic relief over actual help, as he tends to simply mill about the same area you are in and crack jokes on train and jet rides. Continuing on, after you solve your first case in identifying the true owner of a dog, an agent notices and promotes you to "Junior Agent"; from there, you solve more cases to progress to "Special Agent," get your own Headquarters, and then solve truly important crimes.

Gameplay 8/10: The gameplay is great fun, and addictive, but not perfect. Because I haven't finished it yet, I can't fairly comment on it's length; but I have heard it's a somewhat short game. No map feature means that you'll be mindlessly wandering areas from time to time; though, thankfully, the areas aren't big enough to make this an overwhelming issue. Talking with suspects and the like is key, as it will help you figure out what to do or where to go next. At the same time, however, if you discover too many things at once, it won't all help you at that point in time; it can be frustrating when you know the location of a security camera, and know how it can help in the case, but can't use it until someone else tells you to. The Agent Dispatching system is unique, and it can be fun--but also hectic--at times; however, I find myself wishing from time to time that I could go on one of THEIR missions rather than be stuck at the location I'm currently at. They text you with updates often, which can be annoying (when you're bothered five times in a row with silly comments) but also intuitive as they occasionally ask you questions where your answer affects their case (although, your answer becomes less important if you have an "excellent" or "great" team on the job) . I find the number of text messages are reduced if you have a team that's greatly suitable for the task. Hiring and firing new agents is interesting, and learning how to team them up and match them to client interests and needs is a nice stroke of extra strategy. One other problem: it can be easy at times to get stuck on a puzzle. If you get stuck, the WHOLE operation comes at a standstill until you solve the puzzle; the fact you can't even get hints on any of them only makes it worse. Thankfully, this only happens every once in a while, but it still gets aggravating when you're tired of the puzzle and want to move on.

Controls 8/10: The controls work well enough, but there's little motion involved as you'll mostly just be pushing buttons. Fine by me, but not by motion enthusiasts. Switching and exiting gadget modes can feel awkward, and you can't communicate or investigate while holding a gadget (which I often neglected to remember). The way your Sim jumps seems super-human, though oddly fun. Overall, the controls work, but could've undergone a touch up or two.

Graphics 9/10: Not bad graphics at all! If you take the time to look, you'll see quite a few details for a "My Sims" game; maybe not the best on the market, but it's good. My only real gripe is that the tool icons are a little too small: in the early run, it's easy enough to tell a crowbar from a wrench, but the advanced tools start looking a little too similar. I often wander around trying to do something with one tool, only to figure out I have the wrong tool equipped. Other than that, very nice!

Music 10/10: The music is pretty darn good, and successfully captures the feel of each area. I love hearing the short little tune after you find incriminating evidence against a suspect: it's pretty epic! You can get little radios for your Sims at HQ, which produce some nice extra tunes. Overall, they did a really good job!

Characters 10/10: Love them or hate them, you got to hand it to the the character designers. Both the return of old characters and the addition of new characters make for so many different personalities and appearances, your head will spin! They even have dogs for the animal lovers! It's guaranteed you'll fall in love with the characteristics of at least one Sim (or even get clothes that you like from one)!

Conclusion: "My Sims Agents" is a great game; though it has a few minor flaws, none of them are enough to ruin how fun, addictive, and epic this game is. If you're looking to see the cute Sims in a whole new way, this game is for you!

MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii
MySims Agents - Nintendo Wii by Electronic Arts (Nintendo Wii)
Used & New from: $4.93